3DS vs NGP

Which will you buy?

• Total voters

SonicTehAwesomeFace

Still Fresh
Hi, everyone.

I've come to notice that nobody's made a topic of this sort yet, so I decided: Maybe I should make one!

Just know that I don't want to start another flame war. I'm just curious :3

Anyway, witch one do you plan on buying?

Personally, the NGP is more appealing to me, but I plan on getting both (considering the 3DS comes out before my birthday and the NGP comes out before Christmas.)

[EDIT] I added a "both" option.

3DS

3ds-pilot-wings-resort.jpg

NGP

psp2-announced-codenamed-ngp-20110127000619195.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm split between power and novelty. But I'll take the Pandora, thanks.

I've already preordered the 3DS, but I have to say I am looking forward to the NGP more.

If I had to choose ....... The NGP.

Once hacked it is going to be an Emulation Machine.

Great processor, dual analog nubs, etc, etc

But the Pandora is still better. B)

Will get a nintendo for a change so will get a 3ds as soon as possible.Hope they make mature games for it though.Never fancied the ds,s games lineup really and i sold my wii because i never used it.Gimmicky controls and games.will get an ngp too but i hope it has good exclusive games for it.Sooner or later psp exclusives often were released on the ps2.

already ordered my 3ds, and do think theres plenty of room for it with the pandora as its two completely different machines, and as far a the NGP goes, only way id even consider a purchase would be if it got hacked and had a cfw as well, as thats really the only thing that sold me on the psp, nothing really stands out for me with the ngp, although it, undeniably, has some power behind it that would be great if the user could make use of it

I've always been happier with Nintendo handhelds that with PSPs, Gamegear, Lynx, and TurboExpress, so I will buy a 3DS eventually, but I'm gonna see my freinds first (He's waiting to see my Pandora).

If I would need to choose 3DS or NGP, I would choose 3DS, because now I try to avoid Sony products. But I prefer my Pandora over them both :p

I'm a gamer, so I plan to get both. I'm not really sure how much I'll like the 3DS's 3D effects, but they seem pretty cool(I can always shut them off), and I have already preordered one.

The NGP is just an insane beast. I haven't preordered yet, but there is no rush since a price and release date has not been given. I'm hoping it will release for 299.99 here in the states, but I'm thinking it will be closer to 399.00(maybe even more) Hell, that screen alone has to be worth 300 bucks. It is just GORGEOUS!

I currently own all 3 major consoles, and I can play Wii on monday, and then tuesaday I might turn on my PSP or DS, and then slap on the 360. And of course my Pandora covers all gaming consoles from PS1 and before in one super cool device, so I normally use that one the most unless I'm trying to finish a game, and then I devote more time to a console game. I normally prefer handheld gaming, as I'm always on the move, and just don't have the time to plant myself in front of the TV like I did when I was 12. So being able to play PS3 level games, and 3D games with no glasses on the go is just Awesome to me.

Good times ahead! :lol:

Chris

If I would need to choose 3DS or NGP, I would choose 3DS, because now I try to avoid Sony products. But I prefer my Pandora over them both :p

Yeah, I'm considering a PS3, but I hate Sony so much that I'll only buy it secondhand.

I want to get the 3DS if only for it's gimmicky 3D cameras and screen. I'm sure the games will be fun as well, but the idea of a cheap 3D camera (even if it is only standard def) is quite cool to me.

Assuming it is priced "cheap", of course.

I'm more of a Nintendo guy, and I've already pre-ordered the 3DS, but I might get the NGP somewhere down the line.

What's the big deal about Cave Story 3D ? all they did was replace the pixels with polygons . I'm not against remakes, I play FireRed,Heart Gold, and castlevania 4. I'm just against remakes where they just upgrade the graphics or add stupid stuff like chrono trigger ds.

Its very silly to choose ether at this point. <_< We all know that that both devices will get revisions.

NOW, I WILL BRING UP THIS CRITICAL POINT:
If you are think the ngp will be hack in three months time, you are playing Russian roulette with 5 out of the 6 chambers loaded. Sony is a big, if not the biggest, one willing to keep their device locked down at all costs. Look at the NGP's 3G feature: who is going to stop Sony from doing a forced, down-the-throat, update from anywhere? Better keep the NGP in a block of lead. Additionally, what if Sony locks down the hardware potential? Or you have go as far as authorizing with a server ever time you want to do anything?

The 3DS is a little less scary to me. The tagging feature can be prevented, (in theory), by sticking the 3DS in a static bag. I highly doubt that tagging would be enabled during game play, but you never know.

I would hold your horses for both devices. At least, until home brew actually happens and cannot be dynamically reversed.

Back