[2017 REVAMP! 1/5/2017] Aether Lion's Rarities and Oddities [trade/sell]

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Interesting post, (un/)fortunately I'm not residing in the US.
Just a simple question if I may: What are the upsides of hacking the 3DS to simply putting a DS2-Supercard with a big micro-SD (at least 64GB does work) into it?

Aether Lion

Staff member
Halfway Between Hell and Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Interesting post, (un/)fortunately I'm not residing in the US.
Just a simple question if I may: What are the upsides of hacking the 3DS to simply putting a DS2-Supercard with a big micro-SD (at least 64GB does work) into it?
To be quite honest, I don't know much about the DSTwo.
-Having a CFW runs directly off the SD card, so like for me I can still use whatever cart I want in the slot. (I mainly use a 3DS R4I to play my DS games.)
-You can run homebrew (I believe 3DS Flash carts cannot, I'm unsure) .
- It's free (but you do fall under the risk of ruining your system, so it could be costly)
-IT'S FUTURE PROOF. With flash carts, they can become patched and you have to rely on [enter 3DS Flash Cart name here] to possibly find a workaround. With a custom CFW, you can almost always just go ahead and update.
- With some 3DS Flash Carts you have to go through the process of injecting headers into every game file. CFW you don't.
- You're able to patch system files so that you can install any GameBoy/GameBoy Advance game as a "Virtual Console" game and play it directly through the system without lag! (YuGiOh: Reshef of Destruction anyone?)
- CFW is always safe to run (as long as it's on emuNAND)
- CFW EmuNAND supports a lot of customization, custom themes (I've made one myself c: ), etc
- and more! :p
Pretty much, 3DS Flash Carts have almost no upper hand on a hacked system. The only upper hand would be that you don't have to hack it in the first place, which can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. :p

To verify what I've said and to find more information, I recommend using teh almighteh Google. I'm pretty tired, too, so sorry if some of what I've said is garbled.

Hope I helped!

lukey

Rare Species
If you have a modded xBox 360/PS3, I'd totally be interested in trading you for it.
Well its modded, but i don't think that you get any advantage of it .After two YLOD's i was sick of disassembling it every time so i removed the case and added an Water-cooler to the Cell and an P4 Cooler to the RSX ( I got no YLOD's since then). At least its one of the old Jailbreak-able Models (I think the first EU one.):

DSC_0003.jpg

Aether Lion

Staff member
Well its modded, but i don't think that you get any advantage of it .After two YLOD's i was sick of disassembling it every time so i removed the case and added an Water-cooler to the Cell and an P4 Cooler to the RSX ( I got no YLOD's since then). At least its one of the old Jailbreak-able Models (I think the first EU one.):

View attachment 28474
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh......uhhhhhhh :oops:

Not the "modded xbox" I was looking for. xD Although it is very...unique. xD

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Well its modded, but i don't think that you get any advantage of it .After two YLOD's i was sick of disassembling it every time so i removed the case and added an Water-cooler to the Cell and an P4 Cooler to the RSX ( I got no YLOD's since then). At least its one of the old Jailbreak-able Models (I think the first EU one.)
"You can't do sh** Microsoft, gimme dat, I'll fix it" xD

Aether Lion

Staff member
What's wrong with Ebay?
Eh, I prefer trading an acquiring new things to be honest. If an item has been posted for quite some time and no one offers anything, I move it to eBay and change stock on any trading/selling forum posts I've made. :p
Also, eBay fees + Paypal fees + shipping + a tough consumer base = minimal money anyways. So I use it as a last resort. :p
Also, this forum post alone has about 900 views while I'm lucky to get 50 on any item I post to eBay, so in reality this has a much larger target audience. And I also have similar a similar forum post on GBATemp that has about 300 views, which totals to about 1200 people which is quite substantial.
I mean technically anyone who has posted on the trading section could be asked "Why not eBay?".

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Ah, sorry. I thought the 'Asus Stealthbomber' was that keyboard you were trying to sell originally. Not sure when that disappeared, but I thought it was still there on 24 May, and hadn't rechecked since. Yeah, fair enough if stock's rotating and getting shifted feel free to suitably bump this thread.

Aether Lion

Staff member
Ah, sorry. I thought the 'Asus Stealthbomber' was that keyboard you were trying to sell originally. Not sure when that disappeared, but I thought it was still there on 24 May, and hadn't rechecked since. Yeah, fair enough if stock's rotating and getting shifted feel free to suitably bump this thread.
Ahaha, yeah. ^-^ I mean I wait to bump it until other posts have floated over top of mine. So every 3 or 4 days, even though the rules state I could every 24 hours if I so choose.
Also, I have been PM'd on multiple occasions about the items listed instead of commenting on here, so I usually bump this thread when that happens, too.

Anyways, if you or anyone else has any issues regarding how I handle this post or sales questions please feel free to PM me with your concerns so we don't have to clog this thread with off-topic stuff, I'd be more than happy to reply! :happy: