Release ZGV

Another suggestion I have is that its icon should be changed to something that shows it as being an image viewer instead of the Linux mascot.

Another suggestion I have is that its icon should be changed to something that shows it as being an image viewer instead of the Linux mascot.
While we're at it, maybe you could point me to a couple of icons you find suitable? The current icon is (almost) the only pic I've found on ZGV website.

I didn't like the icon provided by Ultra_Jon in the first build, it looks like a gray square when scaled down for Pandora menu. Maybe I will consider using this pic as icon, should it look good in the menu.

The new build doesn't let me use the run.sh that I put in its appdata directory. Please fix it so I can.

The new build doesn't let me use the run.sh that I put in its appdata directory. Please fix it so I can.
I haven't changed anything to prevent users from replacing run.sh. Also, replacing run.sh via appdata works on my pandora.

Please check it again on your side. I'd suggest:

- create a run.sh with only "./zgv" command, that would crash when you change resolutions.

- alter the zgv.conf file or .startdir file to see if those files are taken into account.

- remove appdata/zgv folder to see if it is recreated

- check permissions, if your SD card is not FAT16/32

At first I was a little envious of you, dimag0g, for taking over "my" package and managing it better than I did, but seeing this thread has made me feel a lot better about being second fiddle. At least I don't have to deal with -- *gulp* -- end users... *shudder* X-P

dimag0g, bro, thanks for putting in the hours on this. You're making me look like a fat lazy slacker and I couldn't be happier about it.

At first I was a little envious of you, dimag0g, for taking over "my" package and managing it better than I did, but seeing this thread has made me feel a lot better about being second fiddle. At least I don't have to deal with -- *gulp* -- end users... *shudder* X-P dimag0g, bro, thanks for putting in the hours on this. You're making me look like a fat lazy slacker and I couldn't be happier about it.
I must admit it's taking more time than I thought; I hoped I'd be working on RandR panning instead.

But hey, it's better to have too much user feedback than none at all!

I haven't changed anything to prevent users from replacing run.sh. Also, replacing run.sh via appdata works on my pandora.

Please check it again on your side. I'd suggest:

- create a run.sh with only "./zgv" command, that would crash when you change resolutions.

- alter the zgv.conf file or .startdir file to see if those files are taken into account.

- remove appdata/zgv folder to see if it is recreated

- check permissions, if your SD card is not FAT16/32
When I ran it it a few times it ended up making the pandora/appdata/zgv structurre in the already made appdata folder. Putting the modified run.sh in there fixed the issue.

When I ran it it a few times it ended up making the pandora/appdata/zgv structurre in the already made appdata folder. Putting the modified run.sh in there fixed the issue.
I'm glad it's sorted out for you, I wish I could help to find the root cause, but I'm not that good at libpnd.

Is it possible for BPG support to be added to it? If so, it should be.
Quite frankly I don't feel like discovering another graphics format and combine libraries I'm not familiar with with 10-year-old code. I believe there is a reason why ZGV is not in active development anymore.

Back