Release gThumb

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is gThumb, an Image Viewer and Browser for the GNOME Desktop.

preview2.png
It feature many functions, like Image (and other media, like music and videos) Viewer, Image Browser, Image Organiser, Image Editor, and many advanced functions (import from digital camera, publish on online communities, etc.)

Note that in Build 01, I haven't tested most of the advanced functions.

History log

========

Build 01

----------

• Initial release
  • latest build that doesn't need too libraries
  • some adjustements to size so more things fit the screen
  • many locale integrated. My pandora is French, and so are the screenshot, but many languages available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh nice, I was looking for an image browser that can do simple tasks like resizing :)

Unfortunately it crashes instantly when I click on preferences or when I open a big JPG (7 MB).

Oh nice, I was looking for an image browser that can do simple tasks like resizing :)

Unfortunately it crashes instantly when I click on preferences or when I open a big JPG (7 MB).
Strange, I used preference dialog already and it was not crashing (didn't tried big JPG).

May be a memory issue, can you try with a swapfile enabled?

Also,  what is your model: CC, Rebirth or Gigahertz?

My Pandora is a Gigahertz model and I am not that keen on using a swapfile (afraid of low performance and wear of my SD card).

Hum. Very strange. I tried gThumb on CC without Swapfile anyway (just openned small jpg, an mp3 and an avi).

Can you look at the pnd_run and see if there is some interesting traces inside?

Jepp, here it is:

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/pandora1/pandora/menu/gthumb-ptitseb.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/pandora1/pandora/appdata/pndmanager
APPDD_FSTYPE : fuseblk
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : scripts/gthumb.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop3" "/mnt/utmp/gthumb"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/pandora1/pandora/appdata/gthumb=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/gthumb=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/gthumb"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/gthumb.sh ) ----------
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 522: 13668 Segmentation fault "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( scripts/gthumb.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/gthumb': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2
I get the "rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/gthumb': Device or resource busy" also when I quit gThumb without provoking a crash.

:( Just a "Segmentation fault" with nothing more. Will be difficult to debug. Is that for just going to "Preference" menu?

I clicked on nearly everything else than preferences, and it didn't crash. For some strange reason, I can click on preferences now without getting a segmentation fault!

But now gThumb crashes instantly when I browse a folder with the big JPG on it. Deleting appdata and disabling all extensions (except for the three that can't be disabled) did not help.

Back