Release ZDoom

I'm finding with this new version that if I run a game with the zdoom engine I'm unable to activate any switches or open doors? Using the same wads under gzdoom works fine

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm finding with this new version that if I run a game with the zdoom engine I'm unable to activate any switches or open doors? Using the same wads under gzdoom works fine

Did you tried remapping the key? I haven't tried myself, GZdoom works best for me...

I did remap the key, still no joy though. The same mapping works fine under gzdoom(its a bit odd)

I did remap the key, still no joy though. The same mapping works fine under gzdoom(its a bit odd)

Hum ok.

I'll try to recompile and see if that fixed the issue.

It's a strange issue indeed  :blink:

Issue was with the data file: zdoom.pk3. GZDoom & ZDoom wanted different version. I use GZDoom one (older), but latest git version of ZDoom have issue with it. I used v2.7.2 of ZDoom (from git) and it works fine now.

Build 05

----------

• Used ZDoom to v2.7.2 (fixed open door issue)

I have slight problems with the controll settings. I tried to replicate Dooms console controlls (left stick = fwd, bwd, strafe l/r; right stick = turn r/l, mouselook). The problem is, that the mouse controlls are severly laging. If i tilt the right stick to the left, the PC turns left, if i then tilt to the right, the PC keeps turning left for about 2-3 seconds before slowly starting to turn right. Sesetivity options are all at default values. Any idea how to fix that ?

Edit: Got it. Switched to the SDL x11 driver. Reading really helps  :p

Edit2: This might be a stretch but would it be possible to play "MegaMan - 8Bit Deathmatch" with this ? So far, i didnt manage to get it to work, but this could very well be a user error on my part :p  

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered a little shortcoming in the current release:  mp3 music in wads doesn't work.  It's a gstreamer issue primarily:  the mp3 decoding plugin for gstreamer doesn't seem to be in either the firmware or in the .pnd.  It's part of the "gstreamer-plugins-ugly" package apparently due to the whole mp3 patent problem, so it's understandable that it would fall by the wayside, but libmad (the library that actually does the decoding in question which the plugin depends upon) is included in the firmware, so go figure.  Anyway I compiled the gstreamer libmad plugin and put it in appdata/zdoom/lib/gstreamer-0.10 and mp3 works fine now.  If anyone has a wad or two with mp3 music and wants the plugin binary I can probably redistribute it, seeing as how it's little more than a bridge to a library that actually does the "dubious" act of decoding mp3 data.  Fuckin' patents.

Ptitseb, hopefully I've outlined everything sufficiently for you to include mp3 support in the next build if you so choose, but feel free to ask for clarification if necessary.

I discovered a little shortcoming in the current release:  mp3 music in wads doesn't work.  It's a gstreamer issue primarily:  the mp3 decoding plugin for gstreamer doesn't seem to be in either the firmware or in the .pnd.  It's part of the "gstreamer-plugins-ugly" package apparently due to the whole mp3 patent problem, so it's understandable that it would fall by the wayside, but libmad (the library that actually does the decoding in question which the plugin depends upon) is included in the firmware, so go figure.  Anyway I compiled the gstreamer libmad plugin and put it in appdata/zdoom/lib/gstreamer-0.10 and mp3 works fine now.  If anyone has a wad or two with mp3 music and wants the plugin binary I can probably redistribute it, seeing as how it's little more than a bridge to a library that actually does the "dubious" act of decoding mp3 data.  Fuckin' patents.

Ptitseb, hopefully I've outlined everything sufficiently for you to include mp3 support in the next build if you so choose, but feel free to ask for clarification if necessary.
Clear enough, thanks :)

I'll add the missing plugin in a future release, thanks for pointing this out, and for doing all the debugging too :)

So, new build, for @Ultra_Jon ;)

I added the mp3 plugin in gstreamer so mp3 should work out of the box, and I added EDGE engine to the package.

Add the engine in the configuration tab, command is ./edge

I tested a bit the engine. It works well and fast graphicaly, even with hq2x, mipmap and all details. I think there are some strange behavour in the engine (in Doom I, the first imp fires at you from some height, and it was not really aiming at me, the shoot was way to high, maybe some more parameters somewhere,? or a bug in the engine? in the port?).

Build 07

----------

• Added MP3 plugins to GStreamer.
  • Added EDGE engine (add it in the engine, command is ./edge)
  • Updates to latest glshim

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I haven't looked at all at the implementation. This part just compiled nicely... I just activated hq2x in the menu and found no performance impact...

Hi guys, gzdoom on pandora is super great!...

unfortunatly I am having trouble getting it to run :-(

so what happens when I try to run is that it dumps all the regular output but simply sits there and does nothing else...

Ive tried reflashing with the latest firmware and reinstalling the graphics drivers,

ive tried multiple wads for doom1, doom2, doom shareware etc.

ive also succesfully run thoes same wads on a differnt computer.

ive tried manually specifying the whole engine and wad path.

ive tried switching the SDL driver in the pandora tab to x11 and omapdss, neither work

also redownloading the pnd does nothing different.

mmmmm, a total bum... DooM and all its glorious mods on Pandora is something I must achieve.

sooo do you guys have any suggestions?

Hi guys, gzdoom on pandora is super great!...

unfortunatly I am having trouble getting it to run :-(

so what happens when I try to run is that it dumps all the regular output but simply sits there and does nothing else...

Ive tried reflashing with the latest firmware and reinstalling the graphics drivers,

ive tried multiple wads for doom1, doom2, doom shareware etc.

ive also succesfully run thoes same wads on a differnt computer.

ive tried manually specifying the whole engine and wad path.

ive tried switching the SDL driver in the pandora tab to x11 and omapdss, neither work

also redownloading the pnd does nothing different.

mmmmm, a total bum... DooM and all its glorious mods on Pandora is something I must achieve.

sooo do you guys have any suggestions?
Can you put here the /tmp/pndrun_zdoom.out file, so I can check the logs?

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/PANDORA/pandora/menu/zdoom-ptitseb.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/zdoom
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/zdoom"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/zdoom=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/zdoom=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/zdoom"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/zdoom/bin:/mnt/utmp/zdoom/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/zdoom/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

hmmm, im just looking over it as i upload, looks like a qt error at the bottom there.

also thanks in advance for any help.

hang on a second, think i stuffed up there.

super sorry.

PND : /media/PANDORA/pandora/menu/zdoom-ptitseb.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/zdoom
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/zdoom"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/zdoom=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/zdoom=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/zdoom"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/zdoom/bin:/mnt/utmp/zdoom/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/zdoom/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
left=mouse
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/zdoom': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

sorry about that first post.

Hmmmm.

Something is wrong here. The runscript log seems really unclomplete from what I see.

I suggest:

* Check your SDCard for error in the filesystem

* Re-download the zdoom.pnd again.

yessssss it works, just tried a different sd, amazing thanks so much, this is super cool.

hmmmm, im going to have to investigate my main sd card.

thanks again :)

Back