Release ZDoom

I have a problem when adding entries for new iwads.  Maybe I should have erased the zdoom folder in appdata before upgrading to the new version, but since I'd already added around 40 entries I left it there.  All of the entries I had defined for the launcher before upgrading work, but when I add a new one and run it zdoom goes directly to the output screen.

I took a look at enyo-doom.conf, and the entries for all of the wads I'd added since upgrading to the new version are appended below the section for nub and sdldriver config.  Also the left_nub, right_nub and sdldriver config entries for the new wads are left empty.

If I manually edit enyo-doom.conf so that the entries for the new wad/iwad matches the entries made prior to upgrading the pnd then they run successfully.

Am I correct in assuming that I have to wipe the zdoom folder from appdata and start fresh?

No worries, I'll start fresh.  Many thanks for this port, conf file issues aside I really like it.

Hm, for me it doesn't work (or maybe I am missing something?)

I chose my Doom II WAD which I also use with all other ports, click on "run", and I only get to the output tab (game doesn't start).
I had the same issue (1GHz, 1.60, everything up to date, SGX default and 4.10). After fiddling with it a bit, I discovered that switching SDL driver to x11 made it run, albeit a bit slowly. Then I exited the game, switched back to omapdss and it started to work with proper performance. Yay.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does it relate to this issue? Especially when Zdoom works both with default and 4.10 fine.

It's definitely a default configuration thing. When I ran the game first, without clicking any of the Pandora options, the start-up log didn't even mention omapsdl, so it simply wasn't turned on despite being shown as selected in the front-end. After switching to x11 and back to omapdss, the game booted up and the start-up log finally showed omapsdl entries. I guess it's just not set properly in the package's fresh state.

About Brutal Doom II, . . ., and set Mouse as FreeLook in the game config.
Haha.  I forgot this part and couldn't even get off the first ledge on any difficulty.  Geeze, this is brutal I say to myself.

Hi, just wanted to tell you that dual nub works just fine with omapsdl, you just have to configure them as two joysticks and set nub1 in game configuration menu to looking.

I've added Brutal Doom but when I launch it, only Doom II loads, with no option to start Brutal Doom.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong ?

I've added Brutal Doom but when I launch it, only Doom II loads, with no option to start Brutal Doom.

Here is my config for Brutal DooM with DooM II wad: zdoom_brutal_config.png.

Here is my config for Brutal DooM with DooM II wad:
attachicon.gif
zdoom_brutal_config.png.
That's how mine looks.

Should brutal doom just start or does doom II start and then you launch it from there ?
So it's loaded. There is a little "Brutal" in red above the Doom II logo, and when you start, there are many more difficulty levels than in standard doom, and when you really in the game, well, you'll see (but the level design stay the same).

A big new release on the repo for ZDoom.

I added GZDoom as an option, with GL renderer using glshim from lunixbochs :) !

To add GZDoom, configure-it like this screenshot:

post-5182-0-20039200-1396368528.png

(I may add an easier way later, like a 3rd option in the Pandora tab omapdss / x11 / opengl).

Build 03

----------

• GZDoom is now an options
  • New gstreamer compile, most music options works now.

Also, ZDoom is featured on pandoralive: http://pandoralive.info/?p=3073

gzdoom_cfg.png

What are the advantages of GZDoom over other versions?

Nevermind, it seems to be well explained in the Pandoralive article! :blink:   :rolleyes:

I've installed the new version but zdoom remains the only game engine option...

I updated both doom engine and glshim.

The GZDoom now have a working melt effect, and Action Doom II is working (I still have a few sound that doesn't work).

PS: I didn't used latest git sources for GZDoom but limited at v2.60 because current v2.70 source code has completly removed GL1.5 support, and aim GL2.0 only.

Build 04

----------

• Update GZDoom to v2.60
  • Update ZDoom to latest git sources
  • Update glshim to latest git sources

Back