Release Zaxxon Hotfix 6 - Beta 1 released!

Ed, you said the following about my OVR editor:

Wow, awesome Caine
biggrin.gif

That would be another great addition to the main OS
biggrin.gif
I never replied to it. If you really meant that, then feel free to add it.

Do you have a planned timeline for the release of Zaxxon 6?

I have some additions I still want to make to the nub configurator and I also would like to do a GUI for the TV-out settings, but it seems like time is running out.

No timeline yet, any config setting that can be improved is nice :)

By the way, I would like to add xkbset to the firmware as well, so we can handle easy L/R mouse button overrides. I'll probably add it to the nub configurator.

Isn't that already included? I'll take a look at it.

Is it possible to make the OVR editor a bit faster? I mean, damn, that thing eats RAM like Homer Simpson and donuts.

i didn't notice when it was installing the firmware the uboot and uimage were missing,i actually extracted bootf and put them onto card,my mistake.

I will see how it goes on this time.

What's the lcd settings like this time around,any improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it works with overlay option just the games on tv screen,oh yeah that's way cool.

I just tried picodrive and pcsxrearmed,just wanted top play sonic cd on 32" tv plus i have 42" tv,i'm going to check out how awesome do n64 and mega cd games look,has anyone tried gngeo.

Well mame works with normal s-video,it plays most games but not all and visual boy advance work without overlay.

What was that comment early on, about Mame4all crashing .... without this hotfix, or with a specific setting of tv-out enabled, or which?

jeff
It's tempermental. If using S-Video PAL/NTSC the menu & game works on the Pandora but doesn't display on the TV-Out screen. If using Overlay, the menu works in MAME4All but it goes back to desktop when trying to play a game from within the menu. I haven't tried composite yet.

What was that comment early on, about Mame4all crashing .... without this hotfix, or with a specific setting of tv-out enabled, or which?

jeff
It's tempermental. If using S-Video PAL/NTSC the menu & game works on the Pandora but doesn't display on the TV-Out screen. If using Overlay, the menu works in MAME4All but it goes back to desktop when trying to play a game from within the menu. I haven't tried composite yet.

Could it be that MAME4ALL tries to switch the overlay to some weird resolutions depending on the game?

Does the screen still gets dark after 10 Minutes without pushing buttons or Touchscreen with the new Hotfix? I had this problem in Hotfix 5 during watching videos. Pretty annoying because there was no option to turn it off. I had to make a autostart option manualy, afaik it was not a screensaver but a powersave function of the system.

I really recommend to include this in an options dialouge or already disable it. Same for the tearing in Videos. Since no player-side option works here to fix tearing (vsync) I had a long search in the web. At the end it turned out that the "compose" function of XFCE does this tearing. I found no other way than disableing the compose function. Of course it would be better if it can be fixing so that it works with compositing on. :)

Last thing I still havn't managed in Hotfix 5 is to reduce the "grid spacing" of the desktop Icons so that I can add more icons without resizing them (I KNOW that you can resize the Icons to get more on the desktop but thats not what I mean). The Spacing of auto arranged Icons is pretty big, alot of free space left and right so there should be an option to get the icons denser together. :)

Well mame4all does come with menu and when ran a game it goes back to desktop,that's really weird every emulator works without any problems,just mame4all is giving problems,it something to do stretch you see the mame comes full screen in pandora and using s-video the image gets stretched to full screen,it's seems to me it's going off scale.

If you look at nes emulators they comes like 4.3 screen on pandora but on tv it comes full screen,so something to do stretches,but we need to know how much does it stretch.

I don't think any game will work,if it's going off scale.

*snip*

Last thing I still havn't managed in Hotfix 5 is to reduce the "grid spacing" of the desktop Icons so that I can add more icons without resizing them (I KNOW that you can resize the Icons to get more on the desktop but thats not what I mean). The Spacing of auto arranged Icons is pretty big, alot of free space left and right so there should be an option to get the icons denser together. :)

Hmm, I would love to do that myslf.

where can i buy this offical tv out cable and what is the cost? time to see if i cant crash this hotfix 100 times before the new beta :p also does installing gcc via opkg make it unusable like alpha4?

where can i buy this offical tv out cable and what is the cost? time to see if i cant crash this hotfix 100 times before the new beta :p also does installing gcc via opkg make it unusable like alpha4?

You have already bought the official TV cable when you bought the Pandora, it just has not been made yet... Though there is a thread on the forum of third party made TV Out cables.

@peelie Oops. Sorry, seems like it's only true for newer XFCE versions: there is an option there to pop up applications menu on right-click anywhere on the desktop, and in desktop settings you can set margin on either side of the screen so that you always have a thin stripe of desktop visible, even when windows are maximized. Would not work on Pandora now.

By the way, when I run xfce4-popup-menu from terminal, it works even if the panel is hidden, but it doesn't work with button just like you described.

Or if you are handy you could make your own.

I love Linux! :D

where can i buy this offical tv out cable  and what is the cost? time to see if i cant crash this hotfix 100 times before the new beta :p also does installing gcc via opkg make it unusable like alpha4?

You have already bought the official TV cable when you bought the Pandora, it just has not been made yet... Though there is a thread on the forum of third party made TV Out cables.
then who should i email for the shipping address change as i bought mine from someone in the fourms?and can we add a option to make the nubs even less sensitive? i have mine on lowest settigs but their still a tad to much

on my SD card installed HF6b1 Adamant Armor Affection Adventure doesnt start neither does (unlicenced birds) is there anything that would cause this?

nope as it was later last night when I got the SD-Installer to work, ill check that tonight, but i did reboot a few times and try launching the games from both XFCE and minimenu.

@peelie Oops. Sorry, seems like it's only true for newer XFCE versions: there is an option there to pop up applications menu on right-click anywhere on the desktop, and in desktop settings you can set margin on either side of the screen so that you always have a thin stripe of desktop visible, even when windows are maximized. Would not work on Pandora now.

By the way, when I run xfce4-popup-menu from terminal, it works even if the panel is hidden, but it doesn't work with button just like you described.

xfce4-popup-menu was what opened the menu up until HF5.

However, it doesn't open/close the menu.

So when you press the Pandora button 5 times, you have 5 openend menus, which is pretty annoying.

I'm looking for a way to open / close the menu with button presses.

A patch for xfce4-popup-menu would be great here.

If anyone could provide me something like that, it would be great!

on my SD card installed HF6b1 Adamant Armor Affection Adventure doesnt start neither does (unlicenced birds) is there anything that would cause this?

Played AAAA this morning on HF6b1 from NAND, so it should work.

EDIT: Do any 3D Games work?

HF6b1 has a new kernel, it might be you boot an older kernel from NAND and use the rootfs from SD Card, then 3D stuff (and other things like TV Out with overlay) most likely won't work.

I used the sd installer and the files you provided for this on the hf6 beta page and also once that had proccessed swapped the curnal on the vfat partition for the one you provided seperatley... was that right or wrong?

kernel*

Back