You'll hate this post. And you'll love this post.

If there was a camera it would be easy to light up the case while closed, then capture colour that way.

Or setting the case_colour could be part of the testing-procedure.

Sleek to have lighting that matches the case. Fun to have that to use in games aswell.

Wouldn't you need lots of special rubber plugs for all the ports then?
I actually have a silicone set of these and have used them on my phone and laptop. They're cheap and pretty nice quality. Search for "laptop dust plugs".

If you really really care about having the pictures in the initial screens, make the first one a big freekin' color wheel and ask the user to touch the screen at the point that most closely resembles their case color. To me, including that step would be far more annoyance than it's worth. A generic color matching a/the color of a/the initial production units should be more than adequate.

When does the initial contents of the eMMC get flashed? Before or after assembly?

If the eMMC is flashed by booting from a specially prepared SD card (which does some automatic or semi-automatic hardware testing, I suppose, and then installs the OS), then it could be an option to prepare different first-flash SD cards for the different models (not just the different colors but also 3G module or not). I don't think the color thing is very important, but it could make sense to use a different flavor of the OS for models with and without 3G/GPS: e.g. I can imagine some drivers and packages would be useless without 3G/GPS, so it seems right to omit them on those models (so they have some more available eMMC space).

Flashing the Emmc if the Board is allready in the case dosnt make much sense because if there is anything wrong whit the board, which you only see when there is the software on it, then you have to put it out of the Case again instead of only put working boards in the cases..

Is the LCD Cable this time easer to put in??

Polycarbonate is fairly impressively durable. I have an inline ocarina made of that, and it seems almost indestructible, the polar opposite of my conventional ceramic transverse ocarina (though the ceramic ones are more durable than you might think). I have a plastic transverse ocarina as well, but I'm not sure what kind of plastic that one is. It's durable, but I haven't really tested how durable. Of course ceramic is generally a better material for ocarinas because of condensation issues and manufacturing/tuning techniques, but there are some very good plastic single chamber ones.

On the one hand I want to be, like, "poor child, who hurt you to make you this way?" but you know it's 'cause he was in Craig's queue.
But then he's not at all innocent himself, the facts have been presented to him several times and he's literally said they were all lies and gone back to his brooding cave, so while Craig got him in this situation of anger, its his own fault for not getting out of it.

Someone defending the project and ED mistakenly claimed that Craig was from the USA... I guess we English speakers are all alike...?

Someone defending the project and ED mistakenly claimed that Craig was from the USA... I guess we English speakers are all alike...?

It's an easy enough mistake to make, since Craig handled the USA preorders.

I just happened to pop over to obscurehandhelds and just noticed this posting there, good to see.
That negative comment reeks of bitterness so don't imagine it will do any harm whatsoever.

Also, I see this:

DSCF2115.jpg

And I think of this:

Chris-Martins-first-guitar-and-Golden-Gun-from-James-Bond-film-to-go-under-the-hammer.png

I'm liking that Pyra photo a lot

Back