Xgp Dead?

I have been away from the forum for a while but I was wondering if the XGP had been canceled of if there is any new info on it at all. Any help or information would be appriciated. -Thanks

XGP is not a GAME PARK HOLDING product... GAME PARK is a different company. And it's a different product. XGP is not open source also... Only commercial games will be available for this item. But i don't think they can fight with PSP and Sony in this area. I'd rather buy a PSP instead of an XGP...

techFreak posted on Feb 4 2006 at 02:11 PM said:
XGP is not a GAME PARK HOLDING product... GAME PARK is a different company. And it's a different product. XGP is not open source also... Only commercial games will be available for this item. But i don't think they can fight with PSP and Sony in this area. I'd rather buy a PSP instead of an XGP...

Alright, I couldn't tell if you were flaming him or not, so if you were, please remember that this forum is called: "General GP2X / XGP Talk"

If you weren't, then you can completely disregard this post. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai posted on Feb 4 2006 at 03:26 PM said:
techFreak posted on Feb 4 2006 at 02:11 PM said:

Alright, I couldn't tell if you were flaming him or not, so if you were, please remember that this forum is called: "General GP2X / XGP Talk"

If you weren't, then you can completely disregard this post. ;)

pwned

own3d.jpg.w300h301.jpg

No actually i'm not flamming to anyone. Why should I? :unsure: I just wanted to give some info about XGP and GPH issue. I know the forum called "GP2X / XGP Talk" but have never seen an XGP topic before. Did you? ;)

techFreak posted on Feb 4 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
No actually i'm not flamming to anyone. Why should I? :unsure: I just wanted to give some info about XGP and GPH issue. I know the forum called "GP2X / XGP Talk" but have never seen an XGP topic before. Did you? ;)

I've seen quite a few topics actually. XD

the screen would be great, all my mates psp are now scratched to the core even with the protector. itll probably be cheaper aswell, and even though it wont be homebrew, it wont have no where near as much as restrictions as the PSP. This will be amazing if it comes out. so instead of saying its dead try get the message heard that it sounds good, and it might come out that way. the guys creating the XGP are probably looking at these forums to see if their product is raising interest.

Your mates don't take care of thier PSP's then...

Mine has a screen protector film on the lcd, and stays in a logitech playgear pocket (hardcase) 99% of the time, even when in use..

No dead pixles, no scratches, had it for 9 months.

God Ginrai posted on Feb 4 2006 at 09:25 PM said:

6 months ago.

true
but the screen on xgp will still be better.
and if it comes out with a few other things
it might be good.
wait and see before sinking something

pantera6 posted on Feb 4 2006 at 08:38 PM said:
the screen would be great, all my mates psp are now scratched to the core even with the protector. itll probably be cheaper aswell, and even though it wont be homebrew, it wont have no where near as much as restrictions as the PSP. This will be amazing if it comes out. so instead of saying its dead try get the message heard that it sounds good, and it might come out that way. the guys creating the XGP are probably looking at these forums to see if their product is raising interest.
I highly doubt it. You're new here so you probably don't know a whole lot about gamepark and gamepark holdings but gamepark was never really aware of how important this community was in the gp32's success. There has been no news on the xgp for a few months now..... I don't think it's going to make it. All we have on the xgp is a few pictures and some specs, no concrete games, release, or product.

Ya it has been quite a few months since I have seen anything either, of course that is why I asked. However you are telling me nothing new in regards to the separation of Gamepark and GPH. I knew about their separation a year before the GP2X released. I knew about internal company issues even while the last models of the GP32 Blu or rather the Blu+ were being produced. I have a GP2X, and might be one of the only people who use this forum that has seen the XGP in real life. Though at the time there was nothing to show except the reversible screen and the different key layout under the screen cradle.

Unlike many I think the application of such a machine are quite nice, that is if they decide to use a more powerful CPU a simple 200Mhz is not going to cut it. However the wireless capabilities, analog directional stick, wide HI-Resolution Screen, and a keypad/hot-button layout make it a prime suspect for a Diablo 2 port. As well as taking a nice load of early 3D PC games. Unreal Tournament and Duke 3D to name a few that have not yet been able to be ported due to lack of hardware power. BUT if the system is dead then any further discussion of its capabilities are useless. I was just looking for some real information as to the progress of the machine if there was any. -Thanks

gp32x.de Board [GP32 GP2X XGP] > Bigfoot/Lock Ness Monster/XGP forum

Hanz™ posted on Feb 4 2006 at 10:26 PM said:
God Ginrai posted on Feb 4 2006 at 09:25 PM said:

6 months ago.
yup, before all the gp2x peepz joined ;P

Back