Xgp Dead?

pantera6 posted on Feb 4 2006 at 09:48 PM said:
true
but the screen on xgp will still be better.

I don't know why people keep saying the screen will be better :rolleyes:

WIDESCREEN does NOT equal BETTER!!!

I wish people could get this through their heads. More stupid PSP brainwashing. It is not better just different and is WORSE for alot of things ugh ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can see Dave C hasn't changed a bit. Still a widescreen nazi. I agree though widescreen isn't always better. I just wonder for modern day applications if the good out weigh the bad. This topic was posted in reference to the XGP which is obiously dead, however if it were to come out it would have been better with a widescreen than a standard. It was designed with movies and and more advanced games in mind. Emulation is a lot better on standard size and that is why the GP2X is the obvious choice for gaming emulation.

C B Felterbush posted on Feb 5 2006 at 04:37 AM said:
Well I can see Dave C hasn't changed a bit. Still a widescreen nazi. I agree though widescreen isn't always better. I just wonder for modern day applications if the good out weigh the bad. This topic was posted in reference to the XGP which is obiously dead, however if it were to come out it would have been better with a widescreen than a standard. It was designed with movies and and more advanced games in mind. Emulation is a lot better on standard size and that is why the GP2X is the obvious choice for gaming emulation.

I am not a "widescreen nazi", I didn't say that widescreen is bad for everything. it has its place.

I am just tired of hearing stuff like "oh it has a widescreen, then it is better than a GP2X". It is like WS means automattically better. It is like since the PSP did it now that is what people think everything must have to be good. Movies are better on a WS obviously but that is it really. Games emulated OR original are perfectly fine and don't suffer at all on a 4:3 screen.

I agree with DaveC, a wide screen really won't do a darn thing for emulation of a device designed to fit a tv screen... just more screen to cut off on the sides... unless you want to stretch the image across the wide screen and make it look soooo amazing(sarcasm)

In closing... I like pie.

trooper posted on Feb 5 2006 at 06:00 AM said:
Wipeout Pure is nice on widescreen. :rolleyes:

Oh, And XGP=DoDo. :D

EDIT: Mmmmmm pie, Chicken and mushroom please. :p

Trooper

The point is that wipeout pure or anything else would be just as good on a non widescreen too. Widescreen doesn't make it any better or worse.

XGP has no homebrew support so it's out of interest for most of the people here.

So I can not waste my time to hack the device while my GP2X is open for development! ;)

One more thing I saw the numeric pad on device... So will it have a cell. phone function?? :blink:

techFreak posted on Feb 5 2006 at 11:53 AM said:
XGP has no homebrew support so it's out of interest for most of the people here.
XGP is supposed to have just as much homebrew support as the GP32 did (which is only slightly less support than the GP2X has). I think it has already been said that the API will be freely available.

Can we stay on topic please!

What sort of pie, cos I really like warm apple pie with plenty of cinnamon. And a big dollop of Mascarpone cheese on the side, oh man! That is one tasty pie.

I prefer chicken pie, myself. Though a nice hot apple pie is too good to pass up, ever.

Umm... and the XGP is heading towards vaporwareness.

Hanz™ posted on Feb 4 2006 at 04:26 PM said:
God Ginrai posted on Feb 4 2006 at 09:25 PM said:
techFreak posted on Feb 4 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
No actually i'm not flamming to anyone. Why should I? :unsure: I just wanted to give some info about XGP and GPH issue. I know the forum called "GP2X / XGP Talk" but have never seen an XGP topic before. Did you? ;)

I've seen quite a few topics actually. XD
6 months ago.

I saw 3 just in the month of January. I haven't even BEEN here for 6 months.

Back