Wrist Mount

pokitfoxx

Long time follower first time poster.
so im totally stoked to get a pandora, one thing ive been wondering is whether any one has thought about a wrist/forearm mount, maybe velcro strapped around the wrist and a plastic thing, like the kind that holds a gps device that you can just clip on the pandora.
ideas? discuss?
-b

It would render the gaming controls useless unless you had arms like Benny in total recall. It DOES look like a wrist mounted predator type personal comp. I'd want to Slide my nail across it and laugh maniacally as Arnie runs away.

This thread is ripe for jokes about wrists and playing, but I'm all out.

say what you want, but i think the idea is awesome.
for example, since the nubs can be used for the mouse, all you gotta do is get good at 1 handed typing and you can surf the net from pretty much anywhere, right from your wrist, and i mentioned a plastic holding thing that CLIPS on, meaning you can unclip the panda thus making the gaming controls USEFUL :D yeah you would look crazy having it on your arm but at the same time any1 curious enough would ask and you can proudly brag about how this thing is better than anything else on the planet!

EDIT: and watch as we slowly make the worlds jaw drop

I said it once and I'll say it again...

mitosis said:
OH WOW! It'd be like BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!!!

With a flip out screen and everything!!!

I am SOOO engineering a lightweight wrist strap mechanism slash pandora holster that allows for one handed wristy mounted action!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Beagle board was removed from it's Pandora Case, with a flip up screen attached to it, maybe it would not look so silly. Imagine the board and the screen closest to the hand and the battery moved farther up you're hand it might be comfortable.

Interesting idea, but just a note: The Pandora is not a BeagleBoard - it's an unrelated design that's using some of the same hardware. ;)

The battery is soft, too, so it needs to be protected somehow.

Prometheus said:
Interesting idea, but just a note: The Pandora is not a BeagleBoard - it's an unrelated design that's using some of the same hardware. ;)

The battery is soft, too, so it needs to be protected somehow.
I thought this whole time it was a BeagleBoard, well no wonder most software needs extra time to be written for it. And I was thinking that this whole time about the Battery I mean what if it got hot or something?

It's if the cell directly took an impact of some sort that it would be especially dangerous, I gather. I didn't even think about heat.

That said, they do ship them with a battery-box (which is so incredibly difficult to open that I've been trying since June to do so :lol: ), which I suppose could be modified in some way if you were de-casing an entire unit for this purpose.

EDIT: Haha! I finally got the thing open!

Honestly I would be in favor of a wrist especially if it looked even weirder than what people are already thinking of the idea :p . Would be amazing to walk around comic con or anywhere else crowded with a functional Pandora on me.

My envisioning of such a thing is probably comparatively mundane. :p What seems feasible to me is similar to a fairly standard gadget wrist-strap (such as those available for the iPhone), which would sit, as mitosis put it, Buzz Lightyear-style, near to the wrist.

I still can't quite figure out how I would hold it securely whilst still allowing the unit to be opened and the controls to be usable, though. (Sewing is one of my hobbies. I sometimes enjoy trying to figure out how to put things together, even if I'm not actually going to make them.)

I'm In, but does Leela or Dick Tracey have special tailored asymmetric sleeves?

TylerAW said:
I thought this whole time it was a BeagleBoard, well no wonder most software needs extra time to be written for it.
Quick point: it's not the differences between the Pandora and Beagleboard that takes time to port software, it's the differences between the Pandora and a regular x86 that requires the time.
The BeagleBoard and Pandora, while different, are close enough that almost everything written for one will run on the other.

pandoraglove.png

I love the Pandora Glove, it's so bad. :p

Prometheus said:
My envisioning of such a thing is probably comparatively mundane. :p What seems feasible to me is similar to a fairly standard gadget wrist-strap (such as those available for the iPhone), which would sit, as mitosis put it, Buzz Lightyear-style, near to the wrist.

I still can't quite figure out how I would hold it securely whilst still allowing the unit to be opened and the controls to be usable, though. (Sewing is one of my hobbies. I sometimes enjoy trying to figure out how to put things together, even if I'm not actually going to make them.)
What about using a Power Glove and mounting a Pandora to one some how? I could make this some type of cosplay costume for Comic Con and have tons of consoles all over me :p but only one has the power to emulate them all!

I've never actually seen a PowerGlove in person, so I don't actually know what it's made of. Going on the picture above, it certainly does fulfil the Buzz Lightyear look, though. :lol:

Prometheus said:
I've never actually seen a PowerGlove in person, so I don't actually know what it's made of. Going on the picture above, it certainly does fulfil the Buzz Lightyear look, though. :lol:
It kind of fulfills the TRON look easily :p

Back