WPA3?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
Will the Pyra support WPA3? My boyfriend's Windows 10 installation warned him that WPA2 is being phased out.

Going by the research that I've done it looks unlikely. Because not all Wi-Fi chips can support WPA3 and the rest if they don't support it out of the box require a firmware update, which I don't expect to be forthcoming due to the age of the Pyra's Wi-Fi chip.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Probably, however, it might need a usb wifi card :).

As has been said, the built in wifi chip will likely not aupport i. But, that is what usb ports are for.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Oh man, I'm not sure if my laptop even supports WPA3.

Says it has a Qualcomm QCA9377 adapter in it. What do you guys think?

No ethernet port here, but ethernet to USB is still supported, I think.

Yep, WPA3 has not yet arrived in the business market.
Most private WIFI routers are even still delivered with WPA1 backwards compatibility enabled by default, which is really unsecure.
I think @Swordfish II is right about his guess, maybe it will not take 10 years, but 2 or 3 at least.

Yep, WPA3 has not yet arrived in the business market.
Most private WIFI routers are even still delivered with WPA1 backwards compatibility enabled by default, which is really unsecure.
I think @Swordfish II is right about his guess, maybe it will not take 10 years, but 2 or 3 at least.

I'm just considering the following:

1. WPA was rushed out and adopted quickly due to the hugely vulnerable WEP that couldn't be patched. Even still it took 2-3 years for adoption.
2. WPA2 had two decent vulnerabilities that were patched pretty quickly with nothing significant currently known.

So I think adoption will be very slow for WPA3. I know I won't upgrade unless a significant vulnerability is discovered.

Back