Zodiac To Be Discontinued

not really, zot wasn't orginated on either, as skeezix works (worked?) on both at the same time.

talking of zot, I'm surprised no-one really took it up as its actually pretty cool.

I had a crack at it and got a pacman type game half working, but then I quit 'cause I'm a lazy shite. It is really nice though.

Hey gp32 fanboys that hate the zodiac, We love being able to run Neo Geo games and full speed video!!! :p

there that ought to stir them up like a wasps nest

rem insert skeezix zodiac v gp32 disclaimer here

Theres nothing wrong with the Zodiac, looks nice, great screen, great PDA etc.. but I still believe the only reason why you should get a Zodiac is if you need a PDA.

mr twit posted on May 8 2005 at 01:14 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 8 2005 at 06:12 AM said:
mr twit posted on May 7 2005 at 04:05 PM said:
Tapwave is not fasing out the Zod at all, in fact quite the opposite. All these articles are based on misreading this press release.

A Zodiac 2 can now be picked up for less than a GP32 BLU, you can get them in the region of £99-£139. I got mine recently and I love it. It's basically a GP32 with better looks  :D

...And crappy emulator controls with that sloppy analog. If that could be modded out somehow it would be much better. As it is I found ,when I had mine, many emulated games were close to being unplayable.
Meh, I don't mind it. It's a small price to pay for not having to use something that looks like a toddler's toy.

Ok so you are saying that it is more important to have a case that looks cool rather than being able to actually play games on it :rolleyes:

I will take better control over a pretty case anyday.

And why is it that as soon as GP32 users buy Zodiacs they become instant Zodiac fanboys?

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on May 8 2005 at 06:24 PM said:
Ok so you are saying that it is more important to have a case that looks cool rather than being able to actually play games on it :rolleyes:

You're the one who said you can't play games on it, I can play them perfectly. In fact, the zod stick is much better because it doesn't make that bloody clicking sound.

And why is it that as soon as GP32 users buy Zodiacs they become instant Zodiac fanboys?
Because they're better.

Fishbong posted on May 8 2005 at 04:24 PM said:
sensible GP32 posted on May 8 2005 at 03:37 PM said:
i'd say more retro console......... glory.

ill give you a tip defending the Z on these boards is suicide ;)
And saying something without having a slight glimpse of it is plain retarded.
But that´s what fanboys like you are supposed to be, aren´t they?

However, what´s your point? In what way can a modern gaming system as such be "retro"? I´ll tell you: in none. "retro" isn´t a piece of hardware or a design/style. Maybe some "retroness" can be achieved through the avaiability of emulators, but that´s a whole different matter.

As for the analogue stick of the Zod: I like it, just as i like the analogue stick of my PC gamepad which i use in ALL emulators i run on my PC. It´s simply a matter of taste, and as anybody (except fanboys) knows, such matters cannot be discussed.
Furter on, this thread wasn´t supposed to be a Zodiac vs. GP32 battle, but thanks to you fanboys we´re having this battle running right now, so i would recommend you to check your facts before posting something stupid, like Vimacs did (lol... :lol: how many years have passed sice the signing system was cracked :lol: ).

my god you totally mist my point here dint'cha, yer bum its becuase of the gp fanboyism on this site that i said it was suicide, i dont have any preference i think the Z vs gp battles are lame and over. I've been through them for years now and im tired of them.... im sorry if you totally took my post out of context but 5 points to you for doing so........... so if you feel you need the right to defend either good for you.

as for my retro comment, dont be so f-ing pedantic. gee-whiz h-crumbs

mr twit posted on May 8 2005 at 09:14 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 8 2005 at 06:24 PM said:
Ok so you are saying that it is more important to have a case that looks cool rather than being able to actually play games on it  :rolleyes:

You're the one who said you can't play games on it, I can play them perfectly. In fact, the zod stick is much better because it doesn't make that bloody clicking sound.

Because they're better.

You have to press the analog near its physical limits to get it to register, that is just a fact. This is much too sloppy for fast action arcade type stuff and games like pacman or Donkey kong where you have to turn quickly or precisely. It is ok for RPGs where tight control is not needed but other than that, bah.

sensible GP32 posted on May 9 2005 at 12:50 AM said:
my god you totally mist my point here dint'cha, yer bum its becuase of the gp fanboyism on this site that i said it was suicide, i dont have any preference i think the Z vs gp battles are lame and over.
OMG, seems like i have flamed the wrong person ;) sorry for that. I was just upset that some people (always the same, tiresome bunch) turned this into a anti Zod flamefest (just because the Zodiac was mentioned), then there come the Zod fanboys and can´t help to brag about some features the GP doesn´t have and ZOMG we have another senseless discussion...
I´m out of here.

DaveC posted on May 9 2005 at 03:57 AM said:
You have to press the analog near its physical limits to get it to register, that is just a fact. This is much too sloppy for fast action arcade type stuff and games like pacman or

Only because you calibrated it like that. If you don't want to press the analog near it's physical limits simply recalibrate and push it only as far as your comfortable with :)

Mark posted on May 9 2005 at 02:54 PM said:
Zodiac 2's I notice are only £99.99 in PC World. Very tempted.

:huh: Last time I looked they were sold out.

I used to have a Zodiac, but I never became a fanboy.

I just sold it because I didnt use it enough and could get alot of money for it at that time.

I personally found the controls fine for emulation. Its just like using an Xbox analogue stick to play SNES with. Fine for me, but obviously not for some fussy people.

declaration posted on May 9 2005 at 04:24 PM said:
I used to have a Zodiac, but I never became a fanboy.

I just sold it because I didnt use it enough and could get alot of money for it at that time.

I personally found the controls fine for emulation. Its just like using an Xbox analogue stick to play SNES with. Fine for me, but obviously not for some fussy people.

I never became a fanboy of the Z either. I guess the controls got to me and I didn't like having to keep charging it every 2 weeks whether I used it or not (mostly not) to keep from losing everything in memory. I never needed a PDA I guess.

Can't you use the d-pad on the Xbox for emus? I don't know as I don't have mine modded.

Back