Zodiac To Be Discontinued

great news :)
GO TO HELL Z!

when they dont exist anymore you see how nice it is to have such a closed system where noone can dev for anymore couse of the signing shit.

though i a loyal to my gp, very loyal it is sad to see the zod go but i dont think it'll stop the scene at all, it seems busy as ever atm

Guess I'll have to get one soon then, man this is a sad story.

The good news is that Tapwave have always been nice to developers so they'll probably release something along the lines of Freelauncher.

Sad yes, and if Tapwave does open up the Zod for anybody to code for it without needing the signed crap from Tapwave then this will definetly be a must have. I bet all kinds of cool crap would be released if the signing crap was dissolved. i think i'll wait for the price to drop, hopefully they will.

|finty Zodiac has been discontinued :(
kissbengt i was really disappointed with yoshi, WAY to small
Squidge seems like it has a loose connection after all my messing around with it's internals.
|finty I hope they release a "freelauncher"
Squidge zodiac hasn't been discontinued - where did you here that?
|finty on gp32x
mr_spiv *burp*
Guyfawkes load of bollocks
|finty apparently it is from gizmodo
Squidge they are talking crap
manu_pkp kissbengt: too small? i've only gotten around 3000 on the Marathon so far
Squidge Tapwave is still releasing stuff for the Zodiac.
Guyfawkes gizmodo wrote some misinformed article

Decrypt that.

Yup, Zodiac hasn't been discontinued, Tapwave are still working on it, Signing system broken ages ago.

finty posted on May 4 2005 at 08:17 PM said:
Guess I'll have to get one soon then, man this is a sad story.

The good news is that Tapwave have always been nice to developers so they'll probably release something along the lines of Freelauncher.

Yeah get one. And when the non-replaceable battery goes tits up you will have a nice paperweight :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I care. It had a rip off price, used palm OS (which I hate) instead of pocket pc and didn't have a 400mhz cpu minimum. Way behind all other PDAs.

kotd posted on May 5 2005 at 02:35 AM said:
Can't say I care. It had a rip off price, used palm OS (which I hate) instead of pocket pc and didn't have a 400mhz cpu minimum. Way behind all other PDAs.
I got mine for £150 (fantastic price for a PDA of that spec), hate pocket pc (I have about 8 pocket pc devices kicking around my office at work that I could walk out the door with and no-one would ever know, but I still chose to spend money on a palm os device because they are and always have been far superior PDA's), and has a 200mhz cpu which is more than enough for a palm device (although I must admit that you will need 400mhz minimum for your bloated pocket pc crap). Not forgetting the fact that it has 2 sd slots and a 480x320 resolution - do all other PDA's have that?

DaveC posted on May 4 2005 at 10:43 PM said:
Yeah get one. And when the non-replaceable battery goes tits up you will have a nice paperweight :rolleyes:
1. Tapwave are still in business
2. I'm quite sure the battery could be replaced with some tinkering
3. Shut up you fanboy.

The battery can easily be replaced, just remove the back and it's plugged in, with a fairly standard connector. True, you can't just buy another, but you should not need to change it anyway as the specs are that it's good for 5 years, which is also considered the life of the device.

Personally, I find PalmOS far superior to PocketPC, whats your problem with it, kotd?

they said profects were on hold because of oem deals...could be a lie but i dont believe... there was this tapwave email like 2 weeks ago that said the first fathammer 2 games would come soon.... i consider this as not discontinued...
and no im not a zod fanboy....im coding for gp32_console right now...got a little problem, but thats another story (anywway, if someone cuold look at fenix code help i'd be happy :) )

Squidge posted on May 5 2005 at 07:51 AM said:
The battery can easily be replaced, just remove the back and it's plugged in, with a fairly standard connector. True, you can't just buy another, but you should not need to change it anyway as the specs are that it's good for 5 years, which is also considered the life of the device.

Personally, I find PalmOS far superior to PocketPC, whats your problem with it, kotd?

I didn't really like Palm either. It just seemed so "dummied up" that it became annoying. They oversimplified it to the point of it being kind of a pain. The fact that you have to trick it and rename file extensions to the ones that it likes and then rename back after you transfer is one such annoyance. Grafitti sucks the big one. Why can't I just write normal? what is with the stupid shorthand type crap?

I guess it is just personal preference.

Back