World Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkman posted on Jul 16 2006 at 08:27 PM said:
I think you need to go back and read your history books a little! I think you will find that the present day palestinians came from Syria and Egypt. In 1919 it was considered a part of Syria by the Arab people! As for little money going to the Palestinians, they have been getting millions of dollars pumped in there by the US. That was until the recent leader, Yasser Arafat, died a few years ago. Supposedly this was to help the Paestinian people. Right now I don't think anything is going that way. You need to back up and get your facts straight young man.
edit: typos

P.S. It was after the 1967 Six Day war that the Arab states were discouraging them from regarding themselves as Egyptians, Jordanians or Syrians. They were being encouraged to think of themselves as Palastinians, to have their own identity as a people of that region.
But whose side are you on? ;) I was not lying when I said that little food enters the west bank and gaza. Israelis closed off a lot of checkpoints and such. I also believe that about 40% of all children in Palestine are malnutritioned. I want to give an example of what happened to Palestine.

Okay, lets say that some minority ethnicity were to take more than half of America. Then, they would call it by some other name. After that, they would create checkpoints in(what's left of ;) )your country and slow everything down, including goods and food transportation. After that they would get bored of ruining your life, and they would move on to, say, Canada. And the cycle continues.

P.S. Israel committed an act of war(it killed two soldiers)and can now be invaded by Lebanon and its allies, unless, its bodyguard, the U.N., have something to say about it. <_<
P.P.S. Coincidentally, Iraq has the world's second largest oil reserve. :rolleyes: I can't believe you still support bush gas prices went from less than a dollar to almost three. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually the world will be owned buy McWalmart and there will be only auto checkouts running Microsoft

there has always been conflict and there always will, "western worldcountries " are a minority, you think its bad now wait til we run out of oil.

ho hum back to a game of bf2

Most of us Americans don't agree with what our government it doing in Iraq, don't blame us. Although we did put bush in power

The U.S government is trying to stay out of whats happening in Israel, but the Lebanese Americans over here go on the news everyday, yelling about how Bush should do something to stop the "war" between Lebanon and Israel

VGballer posted on Jul 17 2006 at 02:38 PM said:
Most of us Americans don't agree with what our government it doing in Iraq, don't blame us. Although we did put bush in power

The U.S government is trying to stay out of whats happening in Israel, but the Lebanese Americans over here go on the news everyday, yelling about how Bush should do something to stop the "war" between Lebanon and Israel
I don't blame Americans at all. B) But Bush seems to be the worst world leader ever.... ;)

yeah, he should've never been elected

But in our defense, he barely won in the election and re'election and a lot of people think he cheated in counting the votes

OMars posted on Jul 16 2006 at 10:12 PM said:
In my eyes even Einstein is a terrorist for inventing such a weapon...

Knowledge is not, and can never be, evil. People who utilize it, however, can.

OMars posted on Jul 17 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
P.S. Israel committed an act of war(it killed two soldiers)and can now be invaded by Lebanon and its allies, unless, its bodyguard, the U.N., have something to say about it. <_<
Didn't Hezbollah strike first?

OMars said:
P.S. Israel committed an act of war(it killed two soldiers)and can now be invaded by Lebanon and its allies, unless, its bodyguard, the U.N., have something to say about it.
Didn't Hezbollah strike first?

Absolutly! and now people are blaming israel

Everbody hates on Israel for no reason, thats how its been forever

OMars posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:15 PM said:

I don't blame Americans at all. B) But Bush seems to be the worst world leader ever.... ;)
OMars, that statement "worst world leader ever" interested me so I googled it, here is what I got: http://www.fringeunderground.com/bush_worldleaders.html

Yono posted on Jul 17 2006 at 10:28 PM said:
OMars posted on Jul 17 2006 at 07:15 PM said:

OMars, that statement "worst world leader ever" interested me so I googled it, here is what I got: http://www.fringeunderground.com/bush_worldleaders.html

"he’s still our country's president, and we have to respect him!"

Bull-fucking-shit...

OMars posted on Jul 17 2006 at 02:02 PM said:
But whose side are you on? ;) I was not lying when I said that little food enters the west bank and gaza. Israelis closed off a lot of checkpoints and such. I also believe that about 40% of all children in Palestine are malnutritioned. I want to give an example of what happened to Palestine.

Okay, lets say that some minority ethnicity were to take more than half of America. Then, they would call it by some other name. After that, they would create checkpoints in(what's left of ;) )your country and slow everything down, including goods and food transportation. After that they would get bored of ruining your life, and they would move on to, say, Canada. And the cycle continues.

P.P.S. Coincidentally, Iraq has the world's second largest oil reserve. :rolleyes: I can't believe you still support bush gas prices went from less than a dollar to almost three. ;)
I never said anything about the Palestinian people not suffering from a lack food. I said the fault lies with their own leaders. The money has been there, it is their own leaders that have funneled that money toward the hostilities that exist in the region. The present leadership, the Hamas, will do the same. They themselves have said that they will destroy Israel. The Hamas is a known terrorist group that do not believe in peace with Israel. Plus Israel will not negotiate with terrorist. A majority of people on both sides want peace. You are wondering what side am I on?? Can you take a complex situation and reduce it to a simple who's side are you on? I don't think so, especially if you wish to resolved the problems. I don't think the US government understands the problems of the whole area enough to solve the situation or we would have done it years ago. I really don't think there is anyone in our political arena that has the understanding to deal with it. You cannot talk of the problems there and ignore the reason for the conflict. It is both political and religious in nature. Since 1948 when the UN recognized Israel as a nation there has been intense conflict and the heart of the matter is Israel's right to exist. This is the whole point of the conflict! The goal of the terrorist groups in the area is to annihilate Israel. The social problems there are a result of years of war. The Arab community do not recognize Israels right to exist, they never have.
I will say that I do believe in Israel's right to exist as much as any other country's right to exist. You can twist that any way that you want when it comes to sides. Their right to exist is at the heart of the hostilities and conflict in the region. I would put most of the poverty problem on the backs of the Palestinian Government. The rest of the blame would go to the Arab community for their seemingly lack of concern. Maybe you know something I don't know. I presently know nothing of any effort in humanitarian aid to the people from the Arab community. The Israel government has done well to build their economy and supply jobs. The least that the Arab community could do is help in building the Palestinian economic structure to get it going in that direction.
Unless I am misunderstanding in some way, I am taking it that you are blaming all of the troubles of the Palestinian people on Israel. If you are, you are way off in understanding the conflict that is there.
I guess if the US government became so obsessed with war in Iraq that it drove our economy into the ground and put us into poverty, we should blame the Iraqis? :blink:
Israel will defend itself, You can take your money to the bank on that.

Palestine used to be what the region was called and it included all of the people that lived in that region which were Jews, other nationalities, and Arabs that settled in the area. No matter who you were, if you settled in the area you were called a Palestinian.

darkman posted on Jul 18 2006 at 09:37 AM said:
I never said anything about the Palestinian people not suffering from a lack food. I said the fault lies with their own leaders. The money has been there, it is their own leaders that have funneled that money toward the hostilities that exist in the region. The present leadership, the Hamas, will do the same. They themselves have said that they will destroy Israel. The Hamas is a known terrorist group that do not believe in peace with Israel. Plus Israel will not negotiate with terrorist. A majority of people on both sides want peace. You are wondering what side am I on?? Can you take a complex situation and reduce it to a simple who's side are you on? I don't think so, especially if you wish to resolved the problems. I don't think the US government understands the problems of the whole area enough to solve the situation or we would have done it years ago. I really don't think there is anyone in our political arena that has the understanding to deal with it. You cannot talk of the problems there and ignore the reason for the conflict. It is both political and religious in nature. Since 1948 when the UN recognized Israel as a nation there has been intense conflict and the heart of the matter is Israel's right to exist. This is the whole point of the conflict! The goal of the terrorist groups in the area is to annihilate Israel. The social problems there are a result of years of war. The Arab community do not recognize Israels right to exist, they never have.
I will say that I do believe in Israel's right to exist as much as any other country's right to exist. You can twist that any way that you want when it comes to sides. Their right to exist is at the heart of the hostilities and conflict in the region. I would put most of the poverty problem on the backs of the Palestinian Government. The rest of the blame would go to the Arab community for their seemingly lack of concern. Maybe you know something I don't know. I presently know nothing of any effort in humanitarian aid to the people from the Arab community. The Israel government has done well to build their economy and supply jobs. The least that the Arab community could do is help in building the Palestinian economic structure to get it going in that direction.
Unless I am misunderstanding in some way, I am taking it that you are blaming all of the troubles of the Palestinian people on Israel. If you are, you are way off in understanding the conflict that is there.
I guess if the US government became so obsessed with war in Iraq that it drove our economy into the ground and put us into poverty, we should blame the Iraqis? :blink:

Palestine used to be what the region was called and it included all of the people that lived in that region which were Jews, other nationalities, and Arabs that settled in the area. No matter who you were, if you settled in the area you were called a Palestinian.
Awww, I was going to say all that :D .

darkman posted on Jul 18 2006 at 03:37 AM said:

I am impressed by you :) , you haven't gotten mad at me at all. I am not saying that everything is Israel's fault, I am saying nobody has the right to take your land and starve you. If Palestine was the land that is was, everybody would be happy. Yes, even if Jews lived there. :D

Another thing is the Iraq war. America should have never attacked it, it was actually peaceful and Saddam Hussein was changing his policies. ;) Now that he is out of power, the sunni(despite what you have been told)majority should be back in power. They are the only ones strong enough to hold a country. BUT....troops are fighting the sunnis and the Iraqi government is corrupt(again, despite what you have been told). It's like when the Brittish fought the American Patriots in the Revolution. If shi'ites win this country it will be become your worst fear - Islamic, like Iran :blink: . And if Kurds make their own country, it would get bombed daily by Turkey, not to mention all the terrorist acts carried out through it. Also for some reason the Kurds want the cities with the largest oil reserves. ;) Did you know that people get killed for ridiculous reasons - case and point Men(even boys)with the name "Omar" get killed because of that name.

I want to know what you guys know about Iraq. ;)

Saddam Hussein's non-compliance with 13 different United Nations resolutions continued though early 2003. There is no reason he should have been left in power.

And OMars, I think you are confused. Sunnis are the insurgents and the minority, and to leave them in power would be a grave mistake.

Darkman, thank you for that excellent post. I found it very informative.

OMars posted on Jul 18 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
Another thing is the Iraq war. America should have never attacked it, it was actually peaceful and Saddam Hussein was changing his policies. ;) Now that he is out of power, the sunni(despite what you have been told)majority should be back in power. They are the only ones strong enough to hold a country. BUT....troops are fighting the sunnis and the Iraqi government is corrupt(again, despite what you have been told). It's like when the Brittish fought the American Patriots in the Revolution. If shi'ites win this country it will be become your worst fear - Islamic, like Iran :blink: . And if Kurds make their own country, it would get bombed daily by Turkey, not to mention all the terrorist acts carried out through it. Also for some reason the Kurds want the cities with the largest oil reserves. ;) Did you know that people get killed for ridiculous reasons - case and point Men(even boys)with the name "Omar" get killed because of that name.

I want to know what you guys know about Iraq. ;)
What I do understand concerning Iraq is, Iran has wanted Iraq for years. They want it joined to their country like it was in the past. They could never defeat Saddam, and was getting whipped badly trying. They were continuously having fights along the boarders. Guess where US learned of the "weapons of mass destruction" from? Yep, it was Iran. While we was giving our warnings, Saddam moved those weapons into Syria. I remember news reports at the time with satellite footage. (sarcasm warning)But we don't want to think about Syria, they are a part of the Arab community and we don't want to stir anything like that up. (sarcasm warning ended) Under the table I think the US has been playing footsies with Iran for years. You can go back as far as the “Jimmy Carter years” with that. I would not be surprised if the whole Iraq thing ended up with Iran having a “say so” in the Iraqi government. Even if they are one of the axes of evil, I feel a deal was made somewhere.

The Soldiers that I know, that have been over there and keep going back, say that the Iraqi people are very grateful to them and are very happy to be set free from Saddam. Saddam was very bad for Iraq and the region. He needed to be disposed of. It was only a matter of time and he could have got his hands onto something worse than what he had and then found a way to deliver it. The Arab community did not like Saddam. They are the ones that sanctioned the first war against him and then told the US to back off, when they felt he had been punished enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back