World Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMars

Website
Visit site
What do you think of what is happening with North Korea, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, and other places? It seems like the west is starting these conflicts in my opinion. I don't hate Americans, I just don't like what they do: go into countries for no apparent reason and "help" them. ;) Well anyways, what do you guys think of the state at which this world is at? :huh:

Some day all hell is going to break loose (probably muslim world vs. rest of the world + some small conflicts) and the usage of nuclear and biological weapons is going to destroy this god forsaken place... :)

I actually do think WWIII isn't that far off.

"On the assumption that a Third World War must escalate to nuclear destruction, I can tell you that the Fourth World War will be fought with bows and arrows." - Albert Einstein

We're digging ourselves a deeper grave, and we're all going in it.

nickspoon posted on Jul 16 2006 at 09:06 PM said:
"On the assumption that a Third World War must escalate to nuclear destruction, I can tell you that the Fourth World War will be fought with bows and arrows." - Albert Einstein

That's... Awesome. :ph34r:
Our kids will have fun with everything standing infront of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draken posted on Jul 16 2006 at 01:57 PM said:
Some day all hell is going to break loose (probably muslim world vs. rest of the world + some small conflicts) and the usage of nuclear and biological weapons is going to destroy this god forsaken place... :)

I think it's more of an "East" against "West" kind of thing. ;)

P.S. This is not the Muslims' fault.......In my eyes even Einstein is a terrorist for inventing such a weapon...Israelis starve Palestinians and ruin their lives and now they're bored and want to move on to Lebanon. America wants to get as much control on foreign oil as possible, hence the Iraq war. Yes, a lot of terrorists are Arab or Muslim, but denying facts about other countries and blaming everything on the Middleeast is utterly racist! Oh and by the way, I want to hear more out of you guys. :)

Yeah, I was making racistic generalisations again, sorry for that, just couldn't say the east vs. the west as I doubt countries such as Japan and China would participate in the battle against the west.

Draken posted on Jul 16 2006 at 03:17 PM said:
Yeah, I was making racistic generalisations again, sorry for that, just couldn't say the east vs. the west as I doubt countries such as Japan and China would participate in the battle against the west.
Well China is communist, as is North Korea, and Russia and a lot of countries in the east don't have democracies, which lead me to my conclusion. Japan might be on the West's side though.... ;)

OMars posted on Jul 16 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
Well China is communist, as are North Korea and Russia, and a lot of countries in the east don't have democracies, which lead me to my conclusion. Japan might be on the West's side though.... ;)
Russia is communist!?

Dzz posted on Jul 16 2006 at 03:29 PM said:
OMars posted on Jul 16 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
Well China is communist, as are North Korea and Russia, and a lot of countries in the east don't have democracies, which lead me to my conclusion. Japan might be on the West's side though.... ;)
Russia is communist!?
Oh my bad, I'll edit that. Actually It's one of those countries without a "real" democracy. B)

I read somewhere that the four horsemen of the apocalypse should have already appeared by now.
So if god does exist, end of the world is pretty soon.
I personally think that something bad will hapen because of all which is happening.

OMars posted on Jul 16 2006 at 09:12 PM said:
In my eyes even Einstein is a terrorist for inventing such a weapon
He didn't invent it. In fact, here's another Einstein quote:

"The likelihood of converting mass to energy [for use in a bomb] is about the same as the likelihood of shooting a bird in the dark, in a country where there are very few birds."

He refused to be part of the US team that was making the bombs, all he did was explain to the government that the Nazis might be preparing nuclear weapons and so they would need to get there first. Oh, and the vital equation E = mc^2, which was the principle for nuclear technology, but the principle of a bullet cannot kill a man.

OMars posted on Jul 16 2006 at 03:12 PM said:

P.S. This is not the Muslims' fault.......In my eyes even Einstein is a terrorist for inventing such a weapon...Israelis starve Palestinians and ruin their lives and now they're bored and want to move on to Lebanon. America wants to get as much control on foreign oil as possible, hence the Iraq war. Yes, a lot of terrorists are Arab or Muslim, but denying facts about other countries and blaming everything on the Middleeast is utterly racist! Oh and by the way, I want to hear more out of you guys. :)
With all these peoples own religious beliefs stirring themselves up, they don't need the USA or any other country to throw fuel on their fire. It is already there.
I don't think it is an East meets West issue at all.The turmoil in the middle east has been there since WWII. Israelis staving Palestinians??? The Palestinians have been starved by their own leadership. There have been plenty of money and opportunity pumped into the Palestinian Government that they could have had a good thing going. But instead they have been focused on bombs and arms for one purpose and that is to annihilate Israel. In the mean time while they have been sending in their own people with bombs strapped to their bodies, they have been running over into Israel getting jobs to support themselves. That is why they kick up a fuss over those walls.

I do believe that there is a big war coming. I think you are going to see China, Korea, Iran, European countries, and the West, along with a lot of other countries involved. China's economy right now is growing way too fast with a high demand on oil, one of the things that is fueling the higher oil prices. They would probably love to get their hands on some of the oil down there.

As for the USA, they get only about 20% of their oil from outside of the US. They could get that 20% from inside the US but there are a lot of people that are afraid that they would be killing wildlife, trees, fish and bugs in the process.

At the end of WWII the Palestinians came from Syria and Egypt, and settled there because the Israeli people began to come back to that land wanting their country again. Before that no one wanted the territory.

edit: typos

Draken posted on Jul 16 2006 at 10:14 PM said:
Don't forget the child of the devil was supposed to be born last month.
Thanks for lowering the tone. :D

OMars posted on Jul 16 2006 at 04:27 PM said:
Well China is communist, as is North Korea, and Russia and a lot of countries in the east don't have democracies, which lead me to my conclusion. Japan might be on the West's side though.... ;)

Well, communist is now...a broad discription. If you take a look at china, it retains the totalitarian leadership that was left over from previous communist rulers, but...you can also clearly see MANY examples of growing capitalism. Shanghai, beijing, and many major cities are technologically progressing at a very fast rate.

Meh.

nickspoon posted on Jul 16 2006 at 04:44 PM said:

"The likelihood of converting mass to energy [for use in a bomb] is about the same as the likelihood of shooting a bird in the dark, in a country where there are very few birds."

He refused to be part of the US team that was making the bombs, all he did was explain to the government that the Nazis might be preparing nuclear weapons and so they would need to get there first. Oh, and the vital equation E = mc^2, which was the principle for nuclear technology, but the principle of a bullet cannot kill a man.
I stand corrected. :D

darkman posted on Jul 16 2006 at 05:15 PM said:

With all these peoples own religious beliefs stirring themselves up, they don't need the USA or any other country to throw fuel on their fire. It is already there.
I don't think it is an East meets West issue at all.The turmoil in the middle east has been there since WWII. Israelis staving Palestinians??? The Palestinians have been starved by their own leadership. There have been plenty of money and opportunity pumped into the Palestinian Government that they could have had a good thing going. But instead they have been focused on bombs and arms for one purpose and that is to annihilate Israel. In the mean time while they have been sending in their own people with bombs strapped to their bodies, they have been running over into Israel getting jobs to support themselves. That is why they kick up a fuss over those walls.

I do believe that there is a big war coming. I think you are going to see China, Korea, Iran, European countries, and the West, along with a lot of other countries involved. China's economy right now is growing way too fast with a high demand on oil, one of the things that is fueling the higher oil prices. They would probably love to get their hands on some of the oil down there.

As for the USA, they get only about 20% of their oil from outside of the US. They could get that 20% from inside the US but there are a lot of people that are afraid that they would be killing wildlife, trees, fish and bugs in the process.

At the end of WWII the Palestinians came from Syria and Egypt, and settled there because the Israeli people began to come back to that land wanting their country again. Before that no one wanted the territory.

Are you absolutely fucked in the brain? :blink: You prove the stereotype about southerners. Get your facts straight, Arabs were in Palestine before Israel even existed as a state. The reason that it exists is that when the Brittish empire in the Middle East collapsed, the Brittish allowed the deported jews to stay and create a country. And Palestine barely gets money or food. Please read a history book, pass your social studies class, and watch the news. Pffff, pathetic.... :rolleyes:

darkman posted on Jul 16 2006 at 11:15 PM said:

Just 20% of US oils imported? Dont make me laugh.

quote from the CIA's very own website-

Imported oil accounts for about two-thirds of US consumption.

link here if you don't believe me- http://www.cia.gov/cia//publications/factbook/geos/us.html

Can't be bothered to respond to all the other ridiculous things you just spouted- gets me mad when blatant innaccuracies are presented as fact. Not everything on Fox News is the truth you know.

Are you absolutely fucked in the brain? :blink: You prove the stereotype about southerners. Get your facts straight, Arabs were in Palestine before Israel even existed as a state. The reason that it exists is that when the Brittish empire in the Middle East collapsed, the Brittish allowed the deported jews to stay and create a country. And Palestine barely gets money or food. Please read a history book, pass your social studies class, and watch the news. Pffff, pathetic.... :rolleyes:
That's because the Brits bascially didn't let the Jews in. :) Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#Bri....281920-1948.29

As for barely getting money and food, I'll let you guys read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_economy yourselves.

Yono posted on Jul 16 2006 at 06:53 PM said:
That's because the Brits bascially didn't let the Jews in. :) Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#Bri....281920-1948.29

As for barely getting money and food, I'll let you guys read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_economy yourselves.
Thank you for your enlightening links. :)

OMars posted on Jul 16 2006 at 06:11 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Jul 16 2006 at 04:44 PM said:

I stand corrected. :D

darkman posted on Jul 16 2006 at 05:15 PM said:

I think you need to go back and read your history books a little! I think you will find that the present day palestinians came from Syria and Egypt. In 1919 it was considered a part of Syria by the Arab people! As for little money going to the Palestinians, they have been getting millions of dollars pumped in there by the US. That was until the recent leader, Yasser Arafat, died a few years ago. Supposedly this was to help the Paestinian people. Right now I don't think anything is going that way. You need to back up and get your facts straight young man.

P.S. It was after the 1967 Six Day war that the Arab states were discouraging them from regarding themselves as Egyptians, Jordanians or Syrians. They were being encouraged to think of themselves as Palastinians, to have their own identity as a people of that region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back