World Of Goo Linux Version Available

cobaltage

URL:
2dboy.com/2009/02/12/world-of-goo-linux-version-is-ready/?linux=goo

I wonder if they would re-compile for an ARM CPU. I have this game for PC, and I could see it working well on a handheld. Would work great with a Wii controller, as well (there is in fact a version for Wii).

This is from the "Contact" page on their website;

Iphone? Pandora? Thanks to those of you who have suggested ports to mobile platforms. We hear you, and we'll see!

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ive played it too
and was thinking the exact same thing, it will alot more addictive for handheld though

puzzle games are for handheld, not for home consoles

This would definitely be a nice addition to a Pandora commercial game list. It's become quite popular among my friends, and I'm sure that sentiment is the same in other places. The Pandora could probably support it, and the high-resolution display and touchscreen interface would work out quite well with World of Goo.

There's no doubt the Pandy could run it; it runs quite well on my EEE 701; that's a VIA at ~600mhz. There are a few stages that turn into slide shows, but that is more from visual effects than anything else, something that can easily be fixed.

'morgushong' said:
^^ I disagree. This game is awesome on wii.
thats what ive played it on,
but it still doesnt change the fact that puzzle games should be on handheld,

most puzzle games dont require that much humph, or can atleast be easily toned down while still keeping all the gameplay elelments

while its good on the wii, if its on a handheld you can play it anywhere,

handhelds where made for puzzles, not so much fps, if you get my drift

another indie game being highly praised simply for the sake of being indie. its not that great.

'PoisonedV' said:
another indie game being highly praised simply for the sake of being indie. its not that great.
Heres where I guess that you dont have the game or if you have havent played past the 2nd world!(Maybe 45 mins in)

So again your just posting the opposite view because you are bored/have nothing better to do, your likr a sophisticated troll on here 60% of the time.

Apologies if I'm wrong maybe point out the big change that happens just before halfway through the game to show me I am?

I have asked the guy who did the Linux port for them about an ARM version. While it might be possible, they just haven't got time for anything at the moment as they are two guys and have to take care of support for all their customers...

'PoisonedV' said:
Indie or not; it`s a fun game, and well worth the ~£10 I payed for it.
Even if the mouse was just mapped to the analog nub, I think it would be playable, kind of like Worms and RTSes were on consoles.
I thought I read on Kotaku that they were struggling financially though (don`t quote me on this)

Tobs

'stustaff' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
Heres where I guess that you dont have the game or if you have havent played past the 2nd world!(Maybe 45 mins in)

So again your just posting the opposite view because you are bored/have nothing better to do, your likr a sophisticated troll on here 60% of the time.

Apologies if I'm wrong maybe point out the big change that happens just before halfway through the game to show me I am?

Sorry, but you're a dumbshit and your post is wrong. Stop making assumptions that suit you. I've played the game, I preordered it infact (on PC so i could get the 'swear' pack or whatever and then I bought it again on the wii hoping for a different experience)
Being the sole voice of dissent doesn't make me a troll, but calling me one for being that bring you dangerously close.

You bought the same game twice because you didn't like it the first time? :blink:

In any case, just because it wasn't to your taste does not mean we "like it only because it's indie". It's a good game.

'pelrun' said:
You bought the same game twice because you didn't like it the first time? :blink:

In any case, just because it wasn't to your taste does not mean we "like it only because it's indie". It's a good game.
Exactly Pelrun now he has gone from people only like its cause its Indie to He liked it so much he bought it a second time... :D

Also I see you didnt mention the interesting style shift in one of the games elements in your reply..?
Your just getting mad because I called you right.

I like you and your posts are amusing but if I smell bull I call it, It was very easy for you to have proved me wrong but you didnt.. because I was right.

You just meander about the place choosing whatever the opposing view is to get a bite.

Look I just posted what I thought and offered to apologise if Im wrong, You came in and started off by calling me a dumbshit, usually people dont react like that unless someones assumptions are a bit too close to the truth for them...

'Prometheus' said:
This is from the "Contact" page on their website;

Iphone? Pandora? Thanks to those of you who have suggested ports to mobile platforms. We hear you, and we'll see!

Yay! I will buy it as soon as it is available for my :pandora1: , promise!!

'stustaff' said:
'pelrun' said:
You bought the same game twice because you didn''t like it the first time? :blink:

Exactly Pelrun now he has gone from people only like its cause its Indie to He liked it so much he bought it a second time... :D

Also I see you didnt mention the interesting style shift in one of the games elements in your reply..?
Your just getting mad because I called you right.

I like you and your posts are amusing but if I smell bull I call it, It was very easy for you to have proved me wrong but you didnt.. because I was right.

You just meander about the place choosing whatever the opposing view is to get a bite.

Look I just posted what I thought and offered to apologise if Im wrong, You came in and started off by calling me a dumbshit, usually people dont react like that unless someones assumptions are a bit too close to the truth for them...

Why would I try and 'prove' I've done anything to you? Pander to your bullshit just to get a small sense of satisfaction by proving that I've played the game?
Also, LOL @ the second part. I love that. Things don't have to 'hit close to home' for people to get angry by them. I just think you're being a dumbshit: Like you said... "if I smell bull I call it"

Pelrun: stop misquoting me you miserable twat, I didn't say that people only enjoyed the game because it was indie, I said it received a large amount of praise not for its own gameplay or work but for the fact that it was done by an indie team and how great of an accomplishment it was (which has been done before, but previously no one made as big of a deal out of it)

cue accusations of avoiding the question, stalling etc

'PoisonedV' said:
cue accusations of avoiding the question, stalling etc
I don't need to accuse you of it now you have proved that part yourself, I know the game your playing and so do most others. Your more transparent than you think.

So no point in carrying it on any further.

Back