World Of Goo Linux Version Available

Well, not only "if I smell bull I call it" I also "call it" beforehand.
I'm not playing any game. I've played the game, made my opinion on it, elaborated on that opinion and that's it. I don't need to prove anything.
(By the way, please learn your usage of the word 'your' it's very annoying and exposes your stupidity)

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved World of Goo, great game.

But from a business perspective, with only a limited number of Pandoras to ship, I really don't see them motivated to port it.

I would love to see a port of World of Goo, my friend has spoken very highly of it and for that reason I think I could get him very interested in a Pandora. I'm not so fond of it, from what little I've seen and heard I would only consider buying it since it sounds like trash that is just getting high reviews.

'PoisonedV' said:
Well, not only "if I smell bull I call it" I also "call it" beforehand.
I'm not playing any game. I've played the game, made my opinion on it, elaborated on that opinion and that's it. I don't need to prove anything.
(By the way, please learn your usage of the word 'your' it's very annoying and exposes your stupidity)

Damn your have foiled me again, :rolleyes:
Maybe you noticed and Im not certain Im entirely correct to credit you with this... but this is a message board not a letter to the queen or a job application! spelling word use etc come a very distant second to typing a quicjk response.

If the best you can do is pick on that then your not the PoisonedV I thought you where, bit dsad really.

I love some all of you old time characters on this board. We laughed, we cried; some of you got banned....then resurrected as a new member with familiar attributes.

Anyways, I think everyone should buy their game, they are good people, and IIRC they didin't support DRM at it's current state, and trusted that people would buy it if they liked it (and while sales are pretty good for that game, they had to eat some of the supposed sales, due to people stealing it anyways).

All is good though, can't wait to see them talk at GDC:09 in a few weeks. who here is going?

'stustaff' said:
It was very easy for you to have proved me wrong but you didnt.. because I was right.
That doesn't make a whole lotta sense thar!!! :p

Remember why you're all here guys: :pandora1:

'joa' said:
'stustaff' said:
It was very easy for you to have proved me wrong but you didnt.. because I was right.
That doesn't make a whole lotta sense thar!!! :p

Remember why you're all here guys: :pandora1:

it does ;)

Yep Im here to get all excited about the pandora I ordered and all the cool stuff im going to be able to do on it.

PoisonedV is here to cause arguments and have the opposing view to the majority even if he doesnt actually think that.

I'm here for all the hot chicks.

World of Goo is one of the first games I'd get for WiiWare when I finally start doing so (I have a backlog of disc games and a couple VC games to go through first, and I'm slow). But if it became available for the Pandora, I'd be one of those to opt for a similarly priced, similarly featured version that I could walk around with.

That goes doubly if it is packaged with hot chicks, though I suspect that was a non-sequitur. :p

'Game_over' said:
I love some all of you old time characters on this board. We laughed, we cried; some of you got banned....then resurrected as a new member with familiar attributes.

Anyways, I think everyone should buy their game, they are good people, and IIRC they didin't support DRM at it's current state, and trusted that people would buy it if they liked it (and while sales are pretty good for that game, they had to eat some of the supposed sales, due to people stealing it anyways).

All is good though, can't wait to see them talk at GDC:09 in a few weeks. who here is going?
I am. I can't reveal myself, however, too many people hate me ;) (and not just here, across the spectrum)

Being the sole voice of dissent =/= being a troll (necessarily). Being the unsophisticated *constant* voice of dissent, kinda does = troll though. Perhaps if you were a bit more eloquent than sounding like a 14 year old grade school drop out.

Constantly going out of your way to be negative, for no other reason than to see yourself type, and get a rile out of people... you must be very bored.

'spaceballs3000' said:
Loved World of Goo, great game.

But from a business perspective, with only a limited number of Pandoras to ship, I really don't see them motivated to port it.
If it's from a small developer I'd think they'd be happy with any sales they get assuming ports were easy to do. If they can get on the wii they can get on the DS, if they can get there there's nothing to stop an Iphone release. Again if they're small they might even be watching out for the Pandora like we all are and consider it a viable place to sell the game if it's not a lot of work.

'BackAssward' said:
Being the sole voice of dissent =/= being a troll (necessarily). Being the unsophisticated *constant* voice of dissent, kinda does = troll though. Perhaps if you were a bit more eloquent than sounding like a 14 year old grade school drop out.

Constantly going out of your way to be negative, for no other reason than to see yourself type, and get a rile out of people... you must be very bored.
You make a lot of incorrect assumptions. I'm so sorry.

spaceballs3000 said:
Heh... With a Linux port, you pick up X86 Linux and...

Nokia NXXX hand helds...
BeagleBoards...

and...

Wait For It...

PANDORAS.

The truth of the matter is that they've done a goodly portion of the needed work by doing a Linux version. You only need to tune for the display space (if that) and maybe input layer diffs and you're pretty much done.

'Svartalf' said:
'spaceballs3000' said:

Nokia NXXX hand helds...
BeagleBoards...

and...

Wait For It...
PANDORAS.

The truth of the matter is that they've done a goodly portion of the needed work by doing a Linux version. You only need to tune for the display space (if that) and maybe input layer diffs and you're pretty much done.

possible a week even less, but certainly not more than a month

4000 pandoras in firt batch £10 each, £40,000 for a weeks work mmmmmm

legal and hosting issues would be a problem, but i cant see any in this project, hence why there is a fairly good chance of it coming, if they can be bothered, remember theyre need to buy one, or they will want to buy one for testing, so its not totally out, its not highly improbable, just a little on the unlikely side

emcp said:
legal and hosting issues would be a problem, but i cant see any in this project, hence why there is a fairly good chance of it coming, if they can be bothered, remember theyre need to buy one, or they will want to buy one for testing, so its not totally out, its not highly improbable, just a little on the unlikely side
All I need to do is talk w/2DBoy and their Linux porter to point 'em in the right direction or do the minimal changes for 'em after Caster and a few of the LGP titles are done. It's not likely for just right after release of the console- but it's not on the unlikely side in the medium term picture sense.

'emcp' said:
'Svartalf' said:
'spaceballs3000' said:

Nokia NXXX hand helds...
BeagleBoards...

and...

Wait For It...
PANDORAS.

possible a week even less, but certainly not more than a month

4000 pandoras in firt batch £10 each, £40,000 for a weeks work mmmmmm

Your logic is flawed.

4000 pandoras != 4000 sales

Remember 2dboy did that drm free thing, and found out the piracy rate. --> http://2dboy.com/2008/11/13/90/
What makes you think the 2dboy team will think otherwise that the pandora be any different?

Also out of 4000 Pandora, (I guess) only at most 2/3 would be interested in the game to even try out (just not their type of game.) So with 2/3 (3000) at 90% piracy rate = 300 sales * $20 = $6,000.

Now like you said factor in they need at least two pandoras (one dev and one test) and few week to do port /cross-compile and test...

If they were smart, they have other low hanging fruit to pick before going to an pandora port.

All of this changes of course if one of the 2dboy crew is a pandora fanboy...

'lulzfish' said:
Two Pandoras for separated dev and testing?
Is this game significantly multiplayer?
Actually you make a good point, they might need more testing units for multiplayer. I forgot about that part, as I only played the single player part.

In most all development teams\group, there is a person\team that does dev, and a tester\team that does test, thus why I think they would need two units at minimum.

Back