Release WINE

http://bochs.info/~aegis/wineroot-alsa.tar.gz

This one has native sound proxying. It gets crashy if your app tries to use the exported snd_config symbol, because I have no way of syncing it with the host pointer yet. Otherwise it's bloody fast.

OpenGL should also get you a *little* further in WINE.

If you want to toggle the sound proxy, you can rename wineroot/usr/lib/libasound.so.2 and move wineroot/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2.bak to libasound.so.2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloading ;)   Thx :)

Edit: I have Error after typing:

qemu-i386 /usr/local/wine/bin/wine-i386 </descent3demo2.exe

Wine: could not exec the wine loader

What can that be?

wine/bin needs to be in your path, and you need to use the 'wine' binary, not 'wine-i386'.

Yep. I disassembled it and I guarantee I'm providing all the functions it wants.
Extensions?

Other games might worth trying Dark Forces 2, which has opengl and software render. I would also be curious about Betrayal in Antara, Myst  1/2, Civ2. Just thinking of early windows games i had.
The guy who did fixed qemu for wine in 1.6 definitely tested with Civ2

Dark Forces 2 has a CPU requirement of 90MHz. I'm totally going to try that next :)

ah i found out that i simply not start wineserver :rolleyes:

Now can i try it realy,many thx,report will come ;)

Edit: The Descent3 Demoversion install now,i am curious about it.

Edit: Edit: Descent 3 Windows Version did not work,i give now the Linux Version a Try

and have a black loading screen with red filling loading Bar.

The Menusound from Descent 3 is Working ^_^

Maybe only the Menu is not working right,i try to start a direct Internet Game with IP.

Ok, I tried this with SL4P-current and ran into no end of problems. I can get WINE objects to run, but if the application makes any calls to any of the shared objects like wineboot or explorer it can never find them. All my paths appear to be set correctly.

What is everyone else using to get less headache inducing results? Pandebian, Stock, something else? Or am I just missing something obvious with SL4P.

wineboot and explorer are supposed to fail for now, actually. See if Pinball or Skifree work for you. If your app is crashing, it might have nothing to do with those errors. Just make sure to set your PATH and use wine, *not* wine-i386.

I get the following error for every .exe I try:

/usr/local/bin/qemu-i386: error while loading shared libraries_ libglhost.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Did I miss something? I'm running .next and wine explorer actually works for me. My PATH seems to be set up correctly. Some of the apps I tried out did work with the old static build, so what am I doing wrong?

/usr/local/lib needs to be in either /etc/ld.so.conf or

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

Full list of important variables:

Code:
export LIBGL_FB=1
export PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export QEMU_CPU=core2duo

Why shouldn't it?

I am pretty sure it can be turned into a pnd later on.

Yeah... first step is to make it work... it's easier to test (for linuxbochs) without the extra step of creating a PND.

Once more stuff is running reliably then it makes sense to PND it up.

I'll see about trying again with the newer builds! :)

I just got proxied sound working (outside WINE). Fingers crossed on it working inside WINE. (edit - nope: it works great outside, but segfaults inside -_- )
Edit: here are some videos.
This means you have sound running with wine right?^^ Looks very gread. Do you think you can get open gl running with wine too?

if there's no pnd nor a guide for noobs explaining how to even install it..how does the average user is supposed to use it?

Back