Release WINE

The linux-user target doesn't emulate any devices. It just proxies requests to host devices if the app requests it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jazz2 works much better with the core2duo CPU mode. It's flawless (music included) at a slightly lower resolution, which means CPU sim is none of the work.

At 640x480 without music, it's still pretty good now.

I'm betting we get a fast fullscreen game if I can get accelerated DirectDraw working :)

Edit: apparently 8 bit color makes it *slower* (I'm betting WINE was doing conversions to 16-bit). It's now fast at full resolution with music off and 16-bit color. This will probably be a great example once I have DirectDraw acceleration.

Jazz2 works much better with the core2duo CPU mode. It's flawless (music included) at a slightly lower resolution, which means CPU sim is none of the work.

At 640x480 without music, it's still pretty good now.

I'm betting we get a fast fullscreen game if I can get accelerated DirectDraw working :)

Edit: apparently 8 bit color makes it *slower* (I'm betting WINE was doing conversions to 16-bit). It's now fast at full resolution with music off and 16-bit color. This will probably be a great example once I have DirectDraw acceleration.
Nice to hear ;)
Unfortunaly i dont get your Package realy working in my Slackware Image.

Slackware have big "SUDO" Problems and i ever must use GKSU.

The ln Commands work only as SU -

I think i must try another Operating System.

btw: how can i add your WineRoot to my "PATH" ??

But how? ^_^

Can you give me a example command?

Your Wine is in /home/pandora/wineroot/

I'm betting we get a fast fullscreen game if I can get accelerated DirectDraw working

(I'm betting WINE was doing conversions to 16-bit)
Oh have you wine working with open gl?

I ask now thirt Time,how do i add the Wineroot directoy to my PATH?

My Wineroot is in /home/pandora/wineroot/

Please answer,i asked second Times before the same Question.

I want to learn that ;)

And maybe then work it here at home correct. :D

I just got proxied sound working (outside WINE). Fingers crossed on it working inside WINE. (edit - nope: it works great outside, but segfaults inside -_- )

ingoreis: prep.sh should put stuff in /usr/local/wine/bin, so add this:

export PATH="/usr/local/wine/bin:$PATH"
to your ~/.bashrc

Wow, sounds outside means less work for the emulated cpu, this sounds great :) . Is the sound handled by a sound chip, or must the cpu calculate the stuff itself? If the cpu must do it itself, is it a lot of work (looking at the dsp^^)?

Heretic really doesn't want to load my OpenGL library. It refuses to believe the functions I offer are sufficient :/

:(

Edit: Any way to find out what functions it expects?

Yep. I disassembled it and I guarantee I'm providing all the functions it wants.

Edit: fixed that, now I don't think I can get a valid resolution set. Might need to modify the binary.

Yep. I disassembled it and I guarantee I'm providing all the functions it wants.
Extensions?

Other games might worth trying Dark Forces 2, which has opengl and software render. I would also be curious about Betrayal in Antara, Myst  1/2, Civ2. Just thinking of early windows games i had.

I used to play a fair bit of 'Virtual Pool Hall' checking the specifications, it seems even the later version 'Virtual Pool 3' ran under Windows 95 (although I personally preferred Virtual Pool Hall to Virtual Pool 3). Seems like the sort of game that would probably be pretty smooth with the GPU doing the work (the CPU side would probably come in more when the balls are in motion or the AI is thinking, when it doesn't matter as much if it as smooth). By the way, this isn't a request per se, but if you are looking for games to test with it maybe good (I seem to recall it being relatively small on the HD).

Heretic really doesn't want to load my OpenGL library. It refuses to believe the functions I offer are sufficient :/
I segfault even on my Linux PC when I was trying Heretic II out yesterday.. since this was compiled with a very old version of glibc could that be the issue?

Have you tried the Descent 3 Demo? I got ever a segfault too on the Linux Version.

The Wine Version load not too.

Descent 3 was the reason why i experimentet with Wine.

Thx for the Tip with the export paths,will try it when i am home. :)

Back