Wind And Water: Puzzles Battles Final Demo!

I'm not even that big into puzzle games but the fact that this is original combined with the story mode, mini games, and unlockables, this should be a lot of fun for anyone.

also great to see an affordable drm free download rather than having to pay more for a game that only works on one sd card and that you have to pay shipping for.

lubidog said:
Just been playing the Demo after pre-ordering. I am so impressed. Lovely presentation, excellent jokes etc.

And the game play is tops! Lots of depth but simple to play!

Jolly pleased, and cannae wait for the full version!
Thank you very much, we're glad that you really liked the game! :) There's tons of more content, but that would spoil the final game! Just like telling too much about the story mode would have spoiled the Final Demo. We'll be posting some updates periodically on our website too! I was really tempted into adding some of World C stages to the Final Demo, which are quite more challenging! World A and B are a little easier.

jbrodack said:
I'm not even that big into puzzle games but the fact that this is original combined with the story mode, mini games, and unlockables, this should be a lot of fun for anyone.

also great to see an affordable drm free download rather than having to pay more for a game that only works on one sd card and that you have to pay shipping for.
We worked real hard to try to turn a puzzle game into a really complex game with many playing modes (like minigames) and tons of extras, which is not common even on big puzzle games!

And yeah, we thought about DRM and all that stuff for a while, but we don't want to trouble anyone from the GP2X community! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A r k said:
lubidog said:
Just been playing the Demo after pre-ordering. I am so impressed. Lovely presentation, excellent jokes etc.

And the game play is tops! Lots of depth but simple to play!

Jolly pleased, and cannae wait for the full version!
Thank you very much, we're glad that you really liked the game! :) There's tons of more content, but that would spoil the final game! Just like telling too much about the story mode would have spoiled the Final Demo. We'll be posting some updates periodically on our website too! I was really tempted into adding some of World C stages to the Final Demo, which are quite more challenging! World A and B are a little easier.

jbrodack said:

We worked real hard to try to turn a puzzle game into a really complex game with many playing modes (like minigames) and tons of extras, which is not common even on big puzzle games!

And yeah, we thought about DRM and all that stuff for a while, but we don't want to trouble anyone from the GP2X community! :D

You should be fine without DRM :) There is only one GP2x related torrent site and it has a strict "no commercial games" rule.

this is why the gp2x rules! lack of drm and customization, wow! big ups to yuan crew.

i've preordered and cant wait to see my sprite. narcissistic? maybe ... but still, coolest bonus ever!!!

I'm gonna preorder too!
I didn't understand that the "preorders" gets their own version of the game with their own sprite! Awesome! I thought you got your own sprite only in a .jpg, which is pretty amazing alone!

Anyways, awesome game, really liked it - And I hate puzzle games! :p
Thumbs up! *Goes and takes a picture of myself*

Cowai

Just pre-ordered. You guys put so much hard work in this game and it looks awesome!

I really hope the gp2x community will (pre)order the game massively so we can enjoy more
professional games from you in the future. Love the graphic style and slick looks.

I will plug the game on the dutch forums and in my shop as well.
Thanks again for your work and good look with the launch!

What a great, polished game! I had to pre-order immediately. But it seems quite difficult,
maybe my brain will not be up to the challenge! :)

Good luck with the launch, I am really looking forward to my full version!

I would like to preorder but i like boxed games :(
Will be sold a boxed game some day?
Thank you guys, your work is impressive. :)

I've been looking forward to this game for what seems like almost a year now, every time I saw a video of it on youtube it just looked better and better. This looks like it could be the best commercial game the GP2X has seen to date.

I won £10 on the lottery a few weeks ago, now I know what to spend it on. Count me in for a preorder.

Wow, I went to sleep and then suddenly get so much support and all! Time differences ;)

Anyway, thank you all not only for preordering but for testing the game and getting such nice comments, I'm sure we'll meet your expectations with the final release :) now time to work!

gp2x.info: thank you very much, I just saw the post at your forum, though of course I don't understand a word :D

Rivroner said:
I would like to preorder but i like boxed games :(
Will be sold a boxed game some day?
Thank you guys, your work is impressive. :)
Maybe one day, we love boxed versions too and would love to see our final product as a boxed version, but as for now it's only online!

BUG:

When finishing the last Stage in Story Mode, the Sound vanishes completely - and the whole cool Cut-Scene at the End of the Demo is mute ^^ And when Sound is vanished, Game hangs up when Exiting. This is reproduceble. Sometimes Game hangs just when normal exiting, especially when pushing buttons while the white info screen appears. ^^""""

Question: Will the full Version include the Practise mode from the first Demo? I miss this point in the menu. :)

P.S.: You should make a Gallery with all custom Player sprites on your Homepage, I really want to see the Sprited Comunity :lol:

P.P.S.: Bad Micro$oft! They have stolen your Game Concept! : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexic :-||"

fusion power: Wow, that sounds like a really weird bug, I'll check it as soon as I can. Can you please tell me your firmware version as well as GP2X model? Just to have a little reference.

Also, the Practice mode will be in the final version, but was removed from the demo, it will be inside the Arcade mode which will have Practice, Endless, 2 player VS and Time Attack modes, as well as the Arcade mode itself! If you need to practice I'd recommend playing stage B1 which is scoring 1000 points that takes a while!

About Hexic, it's been there for quite a while :D though it's more like an strategic game, W&W is more like an Action-arcade with tons of extras.

And yeah, Hexic is a really simplistic casual game (play and that's it) compared to W&W! We have fully animated characters, quite an extensive story mode, minigames, and well lots of other stuff that it's been mentioned already. Xbox users can upload their score, and W&W users will be able to upload their full stats including play time, score in each mode, stage ranks, puzzles cleared, slides unlocked, etc. etc. :)

Of course I never would compare the simple Hexic with the superb Wind and Water. You guys really have put amazing fun in such a game with all of its bonus features, the Storyline and Tons of stuff. That's the way such a game rocks! :) I'm sure Nintendo would like to have this game on the DS. ^^""

My Specs are
-GP2X MK2
-Firmware 2.1.1
-Using latest Gmenu2X v.0.9 (wrapper activated)
-Wind and Water runs at 166MHz

But I'm sure it has nothing to do with my Handheld directly. ^^"""

Back