Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

Any tips on doing either Stop The Press 4 (I always die at 1:28, if I haven't already popped it at 0:57) or the "Full Clear in 90 Seconds" level (Just can't find a way to get the special bar beyond about 2/3 full, which is when I'm playing *without* strategy)?

For both, I just don't seem to be able to get out enough moves fast enough to get past them; what, therefore, is likely to be my best tactic? I've tried full combos, full combo-elementals (2x, not been able to spare the time for 3x with a full combo). Should I bother with a 4x-elemental double full combo on the second, or is that only going to net me 200 points?

I mean, I've cheesed my way passed them, but I'd rather like to go back and do them properly!

Tobriand said:
I mean, I've cheesed my way passed them, but I'd rather like to go back and do them properly!
I was wondering: if you cheesed your way through those levels (I am considering doing that, too), and later on managed to finish it properly, will the "cheese win" in the statistics be removed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, it seems that other people have been having trouble with those two levels. I had to cheese the press one, and I've been stuck on the 90 second Full Clear for like a week (I've been busy). I once got a void block, but I couldn't set-up a full clear in the .5 seconds I had left (combo timer). I know that the special bar doesn't fill proportionately with score. I usually can fill the bar 70% - 90%, but my score ranges from ~100 to >700. I'm thinking that it's proportionate to the number of blocks cleared. If that's the case then doing full clears and elementals won't help, but I'm probably wrong. As for the press level, I just get annihilated at 1:00 or 1:30. In endless arcade mode I've had the press get to 100, and kept it down for a little while by doing very long time combos with the occasional full clear, exploiting the fact that it won't raise while you're clearing blocks. But I just can't get anything like that started with only half the playing field (and I ALWAYS have blocks that I need to clear fall in the inaccessible corners), so I have no idea how to beat H1. I don't like to blame external factors, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm at the limit of what I can do without a USB controller or better joystick cap (I'm still using the First Edition one)...

Izomiac said:
Ah, it seems that other people have been having trouble with those two levels. I had to cheese the press one, and I've been stuck on the 90 second Full Clear for like a week (I've been busy).
Haven't gotten to the full clear in 90 yet, but I'll sign the plea for a good strategy on H1...

Well, never underestimate the time combo!

As long as a time combo is running, the press won't go up.

Also, if you try to clear a level, the clear time is the time where the FIRST block disappeared if you finish what you should do within a time combo.

e.g. if you are in a level where you need to clear 40 water elemental blocks and you start the time combo at 0:02 and manage to CLEAR those 40 blocks needed WITHIN that time combo, the clear time for the level will be 0:02!

Also works with other combos, however, with the time combo, you can do some amazing stuff if you're really fast!

I can't beat Puzzle C7 (or is it C8, I forget which).

I get so close every time. I have tried like 2000x variations.

Heh, I bought a power supply just so I don't have to keep abusing my batteries, great game :) I'm stuck in story mode, but I just have to keep on trying ;)

PSyMastR said:
I can't beat Puzzle C7 (or is it C8, I forget which).

I get so close every time. I have tried like 2000x variations.
same here...i got really close but still can't get it.

I'm stucked at the puzzle ,I can't imagine how to put this green close to the others without "diamonds" them before "diamonding" the reds...E-3.

For the C-7 <spoiler>your mission is to "diamonds" the blues and the oranges at the same time</spoiler>

edd said:
I'm stucked at the puzzle ,I can't imagine how to put this green close to the others without "diamonds" them before "diamonding" the reds...E-3.
I got a hint on that one from Hao (A r k) a few pages back in this thread...

edd said:
Thank you
<spoiler>I've tried by the past to be quick, but here you have to be really quick. Cool, E4, now.</spoiler>
Heh - Exactly like me, then :D

I just got through the first ending :D, Stage up ahead looks like HARDCORE :D

Thanks for this GREAT game,
paxl13

Is the upload function broken? I've uploaded my save many time since few days and my infos are still the same on the website...

Is it normal that my esav file hasn't any creation date or modification date (even if I put it on my hard drive)? -but it works to play-

edd said:
Is the upload function broken? I've uploaded my save many time since few days and my infos are still the same on the website...

Is it normal that my esav file hasn't any creation date or modification date (even if I put it on my hard drive)? -but it works to play-
Hi! First of all sorry, I just returned from Japan a while ago, was making some changes to the upload but I've just uploaded the saves (check now if it's correct)! And about creation date and all, remember that files are saved on the GP2X (which has no clock).

Paxl: I guess hardcore is a good definition of the stages up ahead :p!

Wow passing, not cheezing, the Press 3 stage is kinda satifactory :D I adore the song in this game,

Have you planed to release them outside of the game, I'd like to listen to them on my laptop if that would'd be possible :D

Also, I hate minigame, and I think the one I hate most is Aiba treasure :D too much hard :D anyway your game is perfect in any way :D Thanks you for all the works you've put on it :D

paxl13

Heheh - I'm looking forward ot having a GP2x again so I can go back to this... Wind and Water has been pretty instrumental in my decision to buy another one rather than just waiting it out unti the Craiginator comes out...

The joy of addictive puzzle games...

Back