Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

Is there no possibility to just make a script, which copies a .bak1 file over the .esav and just copies it back to .bak1 after quitting the game. So you just have create a script for every player and could use the same directory. All games would be safely stored in the bak files

FallenAvenger said:
Is there no possibility to just make a script, which copies a .bak1 file over the .esav and just copies it back to .bak1 after quitting the game. So you just have create a script for every player and could use the same directory. All games would be safely stored in the bak files
It ought to be rather simple, really, to just put the user name into the file name, giving something like:

windandwater.moxie.esav
windandwater.fallenavenger.esav
windandwater.yuan.esav

...and so on. Possibly using only part of the user name if one wants to avoid overlong names.

A r k: Ah. I've tried that a little, but I'll reopen that line of investigation, then :)

Edit: Now, that's better :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually dreaming about the game now..the kind of dreams I have when I play or focus on something entirely too much. That's how I know this game has got me by the cajones!

This game actually makes me look forward to going to work....and I haven't looked forward to going to work in a looooooooong time. xD

last week, I cam one hour late to work because of this fabuolus game.

I was sitting in the train, playing w&w, and missed my station. Had to wait for a train back in the other direction again :D

Horscht: Thanks for the comments! You're actually the second person that misses the bus while playing W&W, it also happened to me last year when I was going to the University, I had an extremely good hi score in Time Attack that I just couldn't miss :D

The script is possible, though I would prefer one clean save for all the three saves. Anyway, I'll think about it :)

Moxie: So were you able to beat that puzzle :p?

Knoxx: Fortunately I stopped dreaming about the game a while ago :p, anyway I re-started dreaming about Elementals after FallenAvenger's 75-block Elemental :eek:!! Still can't believe it, he's only missing FIVE blocks!

Also, TJFBryant wrote a hands-on review (part1!) of W&W at the review section in this thread, thanks! :D If you need pics or anything, just let us know :)

Hi everyone!

Sorry for bumping, I really needed to post.

W&W version 1.01 is out, read more about it in this thread. It's important that everyone upgrades, and well in short, the reason for such a minor update is that I'm leaving to Japan for three weeks on Monday, so I better solved some little bugs.

Also, I have uploaded my save and I'm on the Top Ranks (Chains and Time Chains) :D sorry Shinra, I had to test my save file to see if the rank and Hi full combo was working, I'll remove it tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you guys don't want to see some sick chains, wait until tomorrow to check the top stats!

A r k said:
Moxie: So were you able to beat that puzzle :p?

Yup. I had tried that before, but didn't make it and concluded that it wasn't possible to do something like that. Knowing that it should be possible, it was quite easy :p Stuck a few puzzles on, now, but I'm working on it :)

I really liked the design of the puzzle that ended up as an 8-chain after it was solved. Really a "Hm...that's neat" feeling...

47???? How is this possible? It's in your blood I think. Chain and China is actually just a few mistakes away ^^

A r k said:
Also, I have uploaded my save and I'm on the Top Ranks (Chains and Time Chains) :D sorry Shinra, I had to test my save file to see if the rank and Hi full combo was working, I'll remove it tomorrow.

Don't worry I just wanted to know how sick you where and thats only the tip of the iceberg, step by step i'll increase my hi chain and time chain :).

Here I just wanted to show you some animated works I made wih my W&W avatar.
I have modified em pixel by pixel...
Thanks again Yuan Works for the sprite :p

blah.gif

boom.gif

crying.gif

gni.gif

love.gif

ninja.gif

Naughty, naughty~!!!! :blink:

Read the rules, you're not suppossed to edit your sprite <_< :p ~!!!!!!!

Nice work, hehe. I specially like the one with the explosion :p .

And it's interesting how you're able to cry through your glasses B)

Yuan said:
Naughty, naughty~!!!! :blink:

Read the rules, you're not suppossed to edit your sprite <_< :p ~!!!!!!!

Nice work, hehe. I specially like the one with the explosion :p .

And it's interesting how you're able to cry through your glasses B)
Oh I didn't read that point of the rules I'm sorry...
Where is it written ?
I just took that as a challenge...
Anyway does my sprite isn't the esi file ? Well, I didn't edited it :p

Hi!

http://www.wind-water.net/order.html

At the very bottom, you can see the copyright info ;)

It's OK, though. :D

By the way, TJFBryant was kind enough to write a review here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38408

Anyone would like to contribute with game play? :D?

By the way, Fallen Avenger invented a ridiculous move that clears almost the entire board in one rotation!

Hao woke me up at 3 AM just to show it to me... all I can say is BRUTAL~!!!

Now I want to play the game and upload my stats~!!!! :lol:

Yuan said:
Hi!

http://www.wind-water.net/order.html

At the very bottom, you can see the copyright info ;)

It's OK, though. :D

By the way, TJFBryant was kind enough to write a review here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38408

Anyone would like to contribute with game play? :D?

By the way, Fallen Avenger invented a ridiculous move that clears almost the entire board in one rotation!

Hao woke me up at 3 AM just to show it to me... all I can say is BRUTAL~!!!

Now I want to play the game and upload my stats~!!!! :lol:

Well so I read the copyright now and I broke it so I'm ashamed :eek:
Anyway you have all the rights and my animations are only pixel manipulations, not for commercial use.
I just did that because I just wanted to bring static WW sprite alive with some behaviours (something I think you'll never do for endusers as I understand that it should cost a lot of time to you)
And I posted em here only to show you that there is a true spirit now behind w&w for many people.
I posted em too because I think they were particulary simple and well done too ;)

Hi!

Don't know if anyone reported this yet, but Puzzle D-07 can be solved in two moves rather than the three allowed. :D

As for the GP2X going "Black" at game shutdown; that happens to me too sometimes, don't worry and wait a little while and it'll be right back at the menu.

Now, I just wish I had a better stick so I didn't have to suck so much... ;_; Got one of the first 500 machines so the stick is a bit slow to respond. Which means I have to use cheese coz' some levels are just impossible for me with that stick... ^^;

Anyhow, great game! Looking forward to what else you guys might come up with, and thanks for bringing such a killer game to the GP2X. Hopefully with this and the F200 GP2X might fare better (fat chance, but one can dream neh?). ^^

[edit]Oh, and I did a slight mod of my own sprite and took myself the liberty of making a personal business card that I will print out and give to people I meet who wants to contact me, I hope you guys don't mind... ^^; Like I said, it's for personal use only, but it's a hell of a lot easier to give a business card than having to jot down phone no, email address and the like to a dozen of people when you're attending a convent or seminar or similar.[/edit]

I'll check out Puzzle D07 and tell Hao immediately. It seems you are indeed the first one to report this problem; thank you very much.

The thing about your business card is OK.

Thank you very much for your support and have fun with the game :D

I actually made D07 with 2 moves too, but I thought that this was "a feature" to confuse players. I tried to use all 3 moves in the beginning and failed so this worked out for me :D

@Yuan: Sorry that Hao bothered you at night because of me :ph34r:

FallenAvenger said:
I actually made D07 with 2 moves too, but I thought that this was "a feature" to confuse players. I tried to use all 3 moves in the beginning and failed so this worked out for me :D

@Yuan: Sorry that Hao bothered you at night because of me :ph34r:

Are you kidding? That move was definitely worth it! :D

FallenAvenger said:
Me too. There is a three-move solution?

Back