Win2X : Alternative Frontend

SONY said:
I just thought that some of the people above were having problems with the merging of old and new settings and starting fresh would fix/solve their problems.
You are right.If for some reason Win2X fails(i.e corrupted resource files),uninstalling and fresh installing should fix any problem.But in case there is nothing wrong,then the upgrade option is vital as it preserves the current user settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
chp said:
Some day in the opening week,we will have an other update of Win2X.
I'd like to announce that in this version I will add(among other changes) a little utility like the INImaker.It will perform an automatic search on the SD,NAND for .gpes and .gpus and the results will be displayed into a list.Then the user will select for each of them where to send it(apps,emus etc) or drop it if a link is not desired.
Any newly created link will then be editable from its respective category window(as it is now).
Any comments would be appreciated as I haven't started its development yet...
i think it will be veery handful.Maybe add some mechanism to repair broken ini[i mean, automatic searching for gpe/gpu when you try run broken ini]

hellcross said:
Maybe a nice Clock widget...

i think widgets is a one of the last features to add on Chp list.Maybe screensaver with clock, but no widgets.

chp said:
Some day in the opening week,we will have an other update of Win2X.
I'd like to announce that in this version I will add(among other changes) a little utility like the INImaker.It will perform an automatic search on the SD,NAND for .gpes and .gpus and the results will be displayed into a list.Then the user will select for each of them where to send it(apps,emus etc) or drop it if a link is not desired.
Any newly created link will then be editable from its respective category window(as it is now).
Any comments would be appreciated as I haven't started its development yet...
Great news! I'm sure everyone will love this feature and most probably haven't seen Alexs inimaker before. I think It will be the most useful addition yet.

Do you think you could make it so you can run a refresh scan when u add a new game to the sd so it doesn't repopulate with the icons you have moved to folders already? I want to give more ideas on this if I have time but I'm out of the country and only checking this thread on my iPhone - pm me if u want to chat about it tho, as it was my suggestion originally! Cheers chp!

Can you add a transparence option for the start bar? And an option for eliminate gp2x wiz icon?

3XCL4M4t10N said:
Can you add a transparence option for the start bar? And an option for eliminate gp2x wiz icon?

You can do all this yourself with a .PNG picture editor. Just edit the skin images, then re-install Win2X.

Here is the wallpaper I made to use with Win2X back when it was first released. I've decided to share it in case anyone else is interested. It works well with the blue theme.

dragonu.png

I made that using a dragon picture I found online and editing it.

Win2X version 2.4 released:

> Added "Cut" explorer command
> Fixed RAM traces(some processes were leaving RAM traces,now fixed)
> Added Executables auto-scanner(it will scan for gpes,gpus in SD,NAND and gives you the option to create links-fast and easy!)
> Added Auto-Installer(install.gpe is now an application which handles automatically the installation process).

And as a gift to the WIZ community:

> Added global low-battery warning utility.This will flash your screen when battery level is low,regardless the application you are running at that moment.This gives you enough time to save any progress and poweroff or charge the WIZ.It will flash every 10 seconds until you charge the battery to a safe level.

In a few days I will be off to serve to the national services :(
Thank you all for your support and hope to keep in touch.
Also,any donations for Win2X,are welcome.

Awesome!!! And thanks once again for an excellent job, Well done!!! :)
Hop to see you back here in the near future. Good luck with the National Services, and don't kill anybody, lol.

Trying it now. Cheers, chp. :wiz: B)

SONY said:
Awesome!!! And thanks once again for an excellent job, Well done!!! :)
Hop to see you back here in the near future. Good luck with the National Services, and don't kill anybody, lol.

Trying it now. Cheers, chp. :wiz: B)
I will kill everybody if they are not nice with me! :) I will kepp in thouch when I can.
Cheers SONY

Will this battery monitoring code slow down any apps or cause compatibility issues? Obviously it will need to be running in RAM so could there be conflicts or will it take CPU cycles causing some slow down in CPU intensive apps?

Ps chp, Don't shoot your eye out!

Hi again. I was copying some files from PC to my NAND flash. Then, the console shutdowns (I configured to shutdown after 3 minutes with no use) and now, my NAND flash is corrupted. F***!!
It would be possible to deactivate the shutdown when USB cable is plugged???? It would be a detail.

Thanks for your work!

DaveC said:
Will this battery monitoring code slow down any apps or cause compatibility issues? Obviously it will need to be running in RAM so could there be conflicts or will it take CPU cycles causing some slow down in CPU intensive apps?

Ps chp, Don't shoot your eye out!
No,it is completely lightweight and safe.

zaba said:
Hi again. I was copying some files from PC to my NAND flash. Then, the console shutdowns (I configured to shutdown after 3 minutes with no use) and now, my NAND flash is corrupted. F***!!
It would be possible to deactivate the shutdown when USB cable is plugged???? It would be a detail.

Thanks for your work!
This was a bug of version 2.2 but is was fixed in version 2.3 . What version had you installed when this happened?

OK,I just checked it out...I did a logical mistake rendering the fixing code unusable.I have to apologise.
Uploading the fixed version(2.4.1) now.
Thank you for your statement!

Thanks again to chp for his great work, even when the duty calls at his door. ;)

The new version is ready to download? Where?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my disappointing english.

raindog said:
Thanks again to chp for his great work, even when the duty calls at his door. ;)

The new version is ready to download? Where?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my disappointing english.
I have uploaded it to openhandhelds.org but it takes some time to update the archive.It will be available though today or tomorrow(at most).
Thank you for your appreciation!

Thanks once again for your superb work chp. Can't you become a concientous objector and get out of national service? Perhaps you could explain to them that not only is it morally objectionable, but that you have some vital work to do on Win2x! Seriously though, I hope it's not too shitty for you. I'm travelling on train for 6 hours tomorrow so hope to get the latest version installed before then.

Titan

TitanUranus said:
Thanks once again for your superb work chp. Can't you become a concientous objector and get out of national service? Perhaps you could explain to them that not only is it morally objectionable, but that you have some vital work to do on Win2x! Seriously though, I hope it's not too shitty for you. I'm travelling on train for 6 hours tomorrow so hope to get the latest version installed before then.

Titan
Unfortunately it is something that has to be done and I can't be an exception.It bothers me though all of this pointless, meaningless procedure.
Anyway, thank you too Titan!

Back