Gngeo 0.7

So, are the neoragex roms the ones needed??? I'm using MAME roms and most don't work, some do.

KingDNH said:
So, are the neoragex roms the ones needed??? I'm using MAME roms and most don't work, some do.

Yes work with Mame roms, but need the correct romset to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Badboyluc said:
KingDNH said:

Yes work with Mame roms, but need the correct romset to work.
And the bigger games need to have the GFX dumped or they will not work.

My advice at this time though would be to use FBA for NeoGeo. The sound on this has some problems, some things sound distorted.

It's already included (pollux_set). All you have to do is to edit the .gpe file.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48575-wiz-ram-timings-test/

I have changed more times the line but it jams when it starts menu rage
the dumpgfx doesn't perhaps work very well,I have taken kof98 and mslug2 from same source but kof98 it didn't work,I think both strange
to specify that I have taken them both from a file of roms mame

yep this emulator is pretty picky when it comes to roms i guess..really annoying, I didn't get Metal Slug 3 & 4 to work.
and 5 has completely messed up graphics..otherwise really great emulator!

What is the file to modify if I want to change the button layout?
I need:

A = A
B = D
X = B
Y = C

A question for Notaz;

I'd like to enter into the Bios configuration, but the default keys from gp2x version are L+stick.

Since Wiz hasn't the stick isn't possibile to enter the bios configuration. It is too difficult to change that combo?

Thanx in advance!

EDIT:
I solved using unibios :)

KingDNH said:
I need:

A = A
B = D
X = B
Y = C

Seconded, this is the best layout for almost all of the Neo's fighting games and most of its games in general.

Hey i got all metal slugs to work but 3 has weird graphical issues..like all screen covered with a coat of fragments. is there any workaround?

Has also happened to me with mslug,no backdrops of it sprite,has used then the romset of the mame of franxis and it works,I think both necessary to specify the correct romset to use

If we won't know more on the correct romset you will have to go crazy in the searches,I regret it

ms3n_c8.rom
256-m1.bin
256-ph1.rom
256-ph2.rom
256-v1.bin
256-v2.bin
256-v3.bin
256-v4.bin
ms3-s1.rom
ms3n_c1.rom
ms3n_c2.rom
ms3n_c3.rom
ms3n_c4.rom
ms3n_c5.rom
ms3n_c6.rom
ms3n_c7.rom

is that the content of the file rc? you have to find the mslug3 with the same content,test it is not very easy to open your zip and it checks,if it doesn't correspond look for other of it
I recommend you to adjourn the your possible romset using a good rom manager type clrmamepro,it is difficult to find roms of a version older mame,test with versions from the 0.89 to the 0.110,it is fatiguing but clrmamepro it is very comfortable and fast, it consults a guide before using it

SML said:
KingDNH said:
I need:

A = A
B = D
X = B
Y = C

Seconded, this is the best layout for almost all of the Neo's fighting games and most of its games in general.
Any one??? It really hurts my finger pressing the X button on the plane shooting games.

From that that have understood this romset is a true slaughter,are roms used mame but of a romset I think adapted for working on gngeo,is the mystery to understand if they are some roms to correct or the same gngeo?!?!

hmm...

yeah i'm also having issues w/ this, romsets i've used with FinalBurn and MAME are not working at all. can't get a single thing to work. For me, either the rom tries to load the roms up and hangs (WW7) or is unsupported and does not run at all.

Doesn't anyone but me notice the distorted sound such as it Metal Slug? Is there something wrong with my ROM or something?

DaveC said:
Doesn't anyone but me notice the distorted sound such as it Metal Slug? Is there something wrong with my ROM or something?
No I noticed it in most games. Sound is just a pitch off.

Back