• Yes, other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, other

• Maybe, other

• Total voters

Yrx said:
lol, I wonder why everyone is even bothering to argue at all. Provided you take a minute to think about it, does anyone really believe that bickering amongst ourselves is going to drastically change the design, or really anything else for that matter? Seriously, a lot of what goes on in message boards is ridiculous, lol.
MUST BURN TIME.......until Pandora. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
A_SN said:
b_o_b said:
The only thing that does say something is that 80% didn't reconsider because of the design.
The ONLY thing, really? I wonder why I even even bother to argue with people like you..

Maybe because you like to argue? :p ;)

I think the poll should have more positive options. It is not my dream come true, but it will be the best open gaming device available. The keyboard was just an analogy to explain you can't have 100% of every functionality there is implemented. Some people get exited because they miss 2 shoulderbuttons or 6 buttons. Some don't want a keyboard, some want a bigger more usefull keyboard, some don't want a touch screen etc. Every decision will have a side effect. I think the design is nice, but could be better for *my* purposes. The poll gave me no option to say what I would like to improve. Anyway this isn't build for me personally so I think they did a pretty good job to design something I like enough to spend money on.

The major question is will you buy it even if it is not 100% what you want. In your poll I see only 10% not willing to buy it. I guess that's a good score and the most profound result of the poll.

craigix said:
A_SN said:
Yrx said:
They're gamers, not vacuum cleaner salesmen.
Yeah, funny you should mention that, because Craigix pretty much makes a living off selling used cars, or so I heard.

:blink:

I've totally been told so. Is it inaccurate?

Nothing, no device, will be perfect for everyone. For instance, I think the PSP is an abomination of poor design choices and I hated using it (so I no longer do), however several million people seem to love it.

I don't see anything on the Pandora that would make me dislike using it, and everything that is there has me quite excited. The most comfortable handheld yet for me is the DS Lite, and Pandora has a very similar form factor, so I have no issues there.

As for "perfect"? Of course not. The keyboard could use some tweaking, and possibly move the analogues down a millimetre or two. Two more shoulder buttons would be nice, but not critical (and I'm starting to realize fitting them in there may make the current ones less usable).

A_SN said:
craigix said:
A_SN said:
Yrx said:
They're gamers, not vacuum cleaner salesmen.
Yeah, funny you should mention that, because Craigix pretty much makes a living off selling used cars, or so I heard.

:blink:

I've totally been told so. Is it inaccurate?

Yes. I have a slight obsession with 60's muscle cars and cars powered by LPG, but I don't make my living from it.

craigix said:
Yes. I have a slight obsession with 60's muscle cars and cars powered by LPG, but I don't make my living from it.
What DO you make your living from? Is it a combination of various small businesses? Do you think the Pandora will finally push you into full-time console tycoon? ^_^

When I look at the specs and think about the emus, homebrew and ports that can be driven on.. yeah, it will be my dream machine.

If the homebrew/emulator devs port the current GP2X emulators over and get Amiga and dare i say it N64 playable on the Pandora, My XBOX can go in the bin :)

The design *cough*keyboard* looks a bit poo although not finalzed i don't think it really matters providing the unit itself is comfy to hold and all the controls are easy to access and use.

Enough chit, chat, Get this thing into production. Chop, Chop!!!

:)

Back