Will you buy a pandora 2!!!

Will you buy a Pandora 2?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig, as you are a mod I have no doubt you can see what happened to the poll. Someone has removed it and I guess every forum-system has an editable history. So please restore it with all placed votes otherwise this will only lead to more censorship claims...

If there is a truth in the results of it, it surely is better to react on the doubts of your customers instead of hiding them, pretending they aren't there.

I would also highly appreciate it, if there woud be no deleting if there is no legal trouble within a post. Move posts to different threads/sections if they don't fit, but do not delete. Because that IS censorship in a certain way for sure.

Please post the evidence of what you are talking about, in regards to removed posts, I am one of the least active mods. The only thing I've done recently is comicly add 999/-999 warning points to some peoples profiles and tidy up the ask craig/ed questions forum. That's it.

So please post where you have asked mods about vanished posts, we're all eager to read it. Also back up your claims on what happened to the poll on this thread too.

I'm not going to post excerpts from private PMs and IMs I've made to moderators. I will however ask them to follow up on this when I actually see them. You may well have not done much "recently" but that doesn't mean that you haven't made posts hidden in the past.

Finally, I've never pretended I'm not a mod, that claim is simply absurd, I'm publicly seen doing admin things on the forum on a reasonably regular basis (often just making new sections) for as long as it's been going, it was me who made the switch from GP32X.

And you don't wear an admin badge like every other admin.. why? When the switch first happened you assured people you'd leave the admin stuff to other people yet you've constantly done things where you can escape notice.

And you don't wear an admin badge like every other admin.. why? When the switch first happened you assured people you'd leave the admin stuff to other people yet you've constantly done things where you can escape notice.
I was just about to mention this. Craig set up a separate group for himself on the forum which had all the admin/mod powers but no tag to let people know about it.

ED is in the Administrators group and all the mods are in the Moderators group.

Craig, as you are a mod I have no doubt you can see what happened to the poll. Someone has removed it and I guess every forum-system has an editable history. So please restore it with all placed votes otherwise this will only lead to more censorship claims...

If there is a truth in the results of it, it surely is better to react on the doubts of your customers instead of hiding them, pretending they aren't there.

I would also highly appreciate it, if there woud be no deleting if there is no legal trouble within a post. Move posts to different threads/sections if they don't fit, but do not delete. Because that IS censorship in a certain way for sure.

It's strange, because the amount of people who wanted to buy a Pandora or was unsure about buying one out numbered those who didn't want to buy one

It's strange, because the amount of people who wanted to buy a Pandora or was unsure about buying one out numbered those who didn't want to buy one
We know absolutely nothing about the Pandora 2. I highly doubt you can derive any meaningful information from that data as people on both sides will change their opinion if the device exceeds their expectations or disappoints.

The poll was supposed to show how many people would buy one, which means that the other two options would be counted together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let me correct myself by saying...maybe the "unsure" option was in a league of it's own, because it was still 50/50 depending on what people commented with along with their votes..

Sure the poll cant be definative until we know what the pandora 2 will be in terms of functions etc.Was just a bit of fun and it may allow people to air out their thinking on it.I never changed the poll.I got sony to add a poll after I started the thread because i was posting from my ps vita which was awkward for forum use.Either way when the P2 is unveiled people will want it because it will be awesome of that I have no doubt and pure awesomeness just sells!!!

So you weren't the one who deleted it either? C'mon Craig'n'Co, you can't tell me that it just disappeared in a puff of smoke :)

I have no idea about where the poll in this thread has gone (I don't even check into this section much), but I am honour-bound to respond to something here and take responsibility for my words, so here we go.

Please post the evidence of what you are talking about, in regards to removed posts, I am one of the least active mods. The only thing I've done recently is comicly add 999/-999 warning points to some peoples profiles and tidy up the ask craig/ed questions forum. That's it.

So please post where you have asked mods about vanished posts, we're all eager to read it. Also back up your claims on what happened to the poll on this thread too.

I'm not going to post excerpts from private PMs and IMs I've made to moderators. I will however ask them to follow up on this when I actually see them.
Here I am, following this up. I hold my hands up to this and accept the consequences, be those what they may be. I'll post the evidence, because it was me who said about posts being hidden - publically, at that.

I was asked some time ago about where some posts went. This occurred both in public and privately, beginning at around the time of the user "404" posting a somewhat vulgar thread in the Ask Craig Questions section about bestiality, of all things, and subsequently having his account removed by Craig (he came back briefly as "thebannedz", after you removed his account, Craig). I held my hands up to having removed the thread in question from view at the time, and publically revealed about hiding of posts.

Around the same time, I also noticed the removal of the posts by the user "Radical", and wasn't aware of any moderators banning him (as his posts were just being watched at the time). I had presumed this to have been done by an admin, and I recall ED being very snowed-under at the time. If I was mistaken, then I sincerely apologise.

Also, Craig, you've mentioned about post-hiding relatively recently, too, though if memory serves it was SONY who hid the posts in this particular linked instance.

Anyway, yes, I am responsible for having said about these things, and above is the evidence pertaining to it.

We know absolutely nothing about the Pandora 2. I highly doubt you can derive any meaningful information from that data as people on both sides will change their opinion if the device exceeds their expectations or disappoints.

Actually, it'll probably cost $699, have 4GB or 8GB of RAM, have a 5" and at least 720p screen, contain an OMAP5 or Exynos 5 SoC, and if they're not convinced otherwise only have microSD slots. I'd say we know a fair bit, or at least more than absolutely nothing. But of course we don't know if any of this is truly set in stone.

I don't know what has happened to the poll. Ed will have to check the logs to see where it went.

So you weren't the one who deleted it either? C'mon Craig'n'Co, you can't tell me that it just disappeared in a puff of smoke :)

No, I didn't remove it. Ed will be able to say for sure what happened.

The mystery of the vanishing Poll. This is better than the last book I tried to read.

I can't walk away now, the Poll deleter must be found.

Let's see , the Thread starter says no, Craig says no. Is there a log that can be scanned to see who deleted it?

In all seriousness, it is pretty poor form to have deleted the poll and to not have at least declared it was done and why.

rathboneholmes.jpg

Getting this thread back on track... (Is that possible!?!) I voted that I was unsure about an upgrade to P2. That's because I don't yet know what the capabilities of the 1GHz Pandora are, and given that original Pandora covered almost all the bases for me, why would I want to upgrade? It would have to tick the following boxes to make it worthwhile to me:

OMAP5, giving USB3 and SGX544MP2.

802.11N.

Full size SDXC, assuming microSD is slower.

Edit:

And some form of HDMI output :)

Getting back on topic. Yes, I will buy a Pandora 2, if it's no more than 450 quid and keeps the keyboard, game controls and Linux. If it's Android, then I may consider it still, if the other two of my criteria are satisfied. I'd much prefer to have Linux on board.

In regards to design and manufacture. I believe that the OP Team have much more experience, better business partners and will produce a better device in a shorter timeframe than that of the original Pandora (which I love and am grateful for it's existence). Go team!

Edit: It goes without saying that I'd expect the SOC to be a serious upgrade along with RAM increase, too.

I'll buy a pandora 2.. unless ofcourse I'm killed before then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back