Fun: Reasons To Buy A Pandora Over A Wiz / Gp2x

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCmachined

stop worrying about the preorder. i'm a student on a low income and i'm still paying up front. craigix & co know what they're doing.

anyway, cheer up a lil: list some reasons to buy a Pandora over the Wiz or GP2X.

Rules: Limit your list to 5 so the next guy has a chance to add something.
  • USB Port on the unit (tsk tsk GPH)
  • more RAM
  • much better screen
  • full set of controls for gaming or not
  • its not GPH ^_^
:pandora1: :pandora2: ;)

• Built in keyboard
  • Analogue controls
  • Bigger Screen
  • Faster CPU
  • Better Expansion

Tbf on the other side I MAY pick up a Wiz still if the price goes under £100, mainly because its alot smaller and I can just put it in my pocket easier than a Pandora, but other than that £70 gets you ALOT more with a Pandora.

I can't even believe they would release a device with 320x240 screem resolution these day.

I still think the Wiz will be good on a bus style situation for SNES/MD/MS/GB/GBA/NG games but other games Amiga/ST/Dosbox/PS1 plus possible N64?/DC? are the main reasons I'll be getting a Pandora first, well Amiga first and foremost, just need to add the AGA/CD32/HDD support and it will be THE best emulator!

• UI will be much better, unlike GPH's "file browser" firmware
  • Much more GPU horsepower
  • Widescreen
:p

eksasol said:
I can't even believe they would release a device with 320x240 screem resolution these day.
agreed. the 800x480 is 5 times the resolution.

jaycee900 said:
I still think the Wiz will be good on a bus style situation for SNES/MD/MS/GB/GBA/NG games but other games Amiga/ST/Dosbox/PS1 plus possible N64?/DC? are the main reasons I'll be getting a Pandora first, well Amiga first and foremost, just need to add the AGA/CD32/HDD support and it will be THE best emulator!
  • Much Better Emulation
DC emulation probably won't happen. its only 1 generation old.

Last edited by a moderator:
CC_machine said:
much better screen
I don't agree, Pandora may be higher res and larger, but the Wiz uses OLED technology making the unit lighter, visible outdoors and better for battery life.

CC_machine said:
USB Port on the unit (tsk tsk GPH).
Er, the Wiz has a USB Port, you can charge the unit via USB.

PolloLoco said:
Audio Line Out.
The Wiz has audio out via the headphone socket.

LOL, I like your sig CC_machine ;)
'twas a long wait, I sure as shit hope it's soon over ;)

*FPU
*OpenGL ES 2.0
*homemade console is something I feel like supporting :)
*no optimization on simple ports really needed (for lower end stuff anyways)
*TI processor instead of Magic Eye's (sorry, but ME's linux ports tend to be shite, although the open2x guys seem to be doing a heap of good for these systems)

WarmFluffyUK said:
CC_machine said:
USB Port on the unit (tsk tsk GPH).
Er, the Wiz has a USB Port, you can charge the unit via USB.

i'm talking about USB Hosting... we don't even know if it exists on the Wiz yet. GPH could've easily added a actual usb port onto the GP2X, but nah, try and sell the Cradle instead. Booo!

edit: cheers Hooka ;)

WarmFluffyUK said:
CC_machine said:
much better screen
I don't agree, Pandora may be higher res and larger, but the Wiz uses OLED technology making the unit lighter, visible outdoors and better for battery life.

That may be so, but the pandora screen will last longer

hey

1. It's made by the craig&co crew, plus community
2. It has a keyboard and nice controls
3. The most powerful portable?
4. Battery life and unbrickable (dunno about Wiz on this part)
5. No gimmic or whatever, Wii | Wiz?

cyas

1. Full speed SNES emulation
2. Full Speed PSX emulation
3. Analog controllers for N64 emulation and Amiga
4. Amiga with native keyboard support :)
5. MAME will run better on Pandora thanks to the Cortex :)

That may be so, but the pandora screen will last longer

OLEDs last around 14,000 hours lol doubt there is any future wiz user that would use it that amount

they both look good but the pandora just has more possibilities

Mutilator said:
OLEDs last around 14,000 hours lol doubt there is any future wiz user that would use it that amount
Thats true for the blue component, but the red and green last longer. This means that all the colors don't decay at the same rate, causing color phase shifts.

Another us-and-them styled thread.

I'll try a 5 reasons to buy a Wiz over the Pandora for another perspective.

1) It is cheaper.
2) It is more compatible with previous generation games and apps.
3) The device is more portable being lighter, can be used outside and fits in a pocket.
4) It looks a tad less embarrassing to be caught with. (Will depend on final models)
5) GPH has a history in commercial gaming beyond hand-held and have lots of mistakes to have learned from already. ;)

Pandora is better in every respect except size, but then again, I don't think that the pandora should be as small as the wiz. plus the wiz logo looks like the zippo one.

icurafu said:
4) It looks a tad less embarrassing to be caught with. (Will depend on final models)
what do you mean by that?

hey

Obviously I think it means they think the Wiz looks a tad better, but I don't agree, hehe.

Hmm, well the last time I looked at the Wiz it did look quite stylish (alike the Gameboy Micro :p), but I prefer the Pandora.

cyas

2) It is more compatible with previous generation games and apps.
< hm? things still need to be recompiled for the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back