quasist said:
CC_machine said:
Fun: Reasons To Buy A Pandora Over A Wiz / Gp2x
+ You are complete loser and need somewhat powerful punky handheld

Jerk.

jaycee900 said:
yosh64 said:
hey

Obviously I think it means they think the Wiz looks a tad better, but I don't agree, hehe.
cyas

What?! The Wiz looks like some cheap MP4 player from Hong Kong!

Haha, I completely agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just judging from engadget comments for first impressions. There is also a first impression thread that adds to that.

Compatibility - I was thinking because Gp2x/gp32/wiz all have the same QVGA so that the code just needs to be recompiled. Even the controls are pretty much the same, but I admit this is negliable as Pandora can render to 400x240 which is easy enough to get it to render in the middle.

Anyway, I'm just adding to the discussion in a thoughtful manner. Please don't catagorise me in the same fanboi groiup as quasist. :p

There are lots of reasons to choose a Pandora instead of the Wiz, but for me, the most important feature is the keyboard / game controls combination.
With these small dimensions an absolute winner for me.

Can wait ;)

I know i'm going to fall in love with those analog sticks! If the wiz had them, maybe it would be worth it. Will the Pandora display well in strong light environments like outside during summer?

Wiz is better for emulation of arcade and console style games because it is a handheld console. Pandora isn't

• OLED screen
  • Non-clamshell
  • Fits in pocket
  • Non-$330
  • GPH
Oh, this was suppose to be a list why to buy the pandora ;) Anyways, probably I'll get both, if I can live with the clam-shell design (or lack of same).

u9i said:
  • OLED screen - 2.8" a size that the Gizmondo and other units got slated for, now its ok for you guys!? hypocrites.
  • Non-clamshell - why is this a pluspoint!? well i suppose there isn't many for the Wiz!
  • Fits in pocket - true, THE main pluspoint
  • Non-$330 - well its still £130/$200 so not cheap
  • GPH - lol this is a reason against the Wiz!

MDave said:
Hirolaser said:
Wiz is better for emulation of arcade and console style games because it is a handheld console. Pandora isn't
Does that mean the DS isn't a handheld? Pandora is hardly bigger then a DS.

Pandora is a handheld but not a console because of the keyboard, it'll be strange playing atari 2600 on it. Shame the screen on the Wiz is so small though, should have been atleast 3.5"

jaycee900 said:
u9i said:
  • OLED screen - 2.8" a size that the Gizmondo and other units got slated for, now its ok for you guys!? hypocrites.
  • Non-clamshell - why is this a pluspoint!? well i suppose there isn't many for the Wiz!
  • Fits in pocket - true, THE main pluspoint
  • Non-$330 - well its still £130/$200 so not cheap
  • GPH - lol this is a reason against the Wiz!

I can't believe I just got called a hypocrite because I prefer the Wiz. I guess this shows the matureness of this community. So sad.

(P.s. I will never have anything to do with the gizmondo. Don't know why this is brought up)

How has no one mentioned WiFi and Bluetooth yet? Those are two of the biggest reasons I'm getting a Pandora. The Wiz is nice, but I want something that can give me retro goodness as well as push polygons. And even if the Wiz could, it wouldn't have the controls to handle something like, say, Quake 3.

reason: if i get shot in the near the heart (i have a pocket there where i will keep the pandora) , the fat and bulky pandora will stop the bullet :) with the gp2x it will be a fatal shot
you can walk safely in the bronx at night wearing a white uniform with a cone shaped hat :->

(this is just for fun, doesn't intend to offend nobody, and i do not have a problem with black people)

icurafu said:
Another us-and-them styled thread.

I'll try a 5 reasons to buy a Wiz over the Pandora for another perspective.

1) It is cheaper.
2) It is more compatible with previous generation games and apps.
3) The device is more portable being lighter, can be used outside and fits in a pocket.
4) It looks a tad less embarrassing to be caught with. (Will depend on final models)
5) GPH has a history in commercial gaming beyond hand-held and have lots of mistakes to have learned from already. ;)
I'd be embarassed of The Wiz!

"What's that stupid console with 2 d-pads?! How can you play games with 2 d-pads HUHHHH????"
"Uhh yeah it just looks like it has 2 d-pads. Trust me it's not as bad it looks!"
"Yeah well what's it called POINTDEXTER??"
"...The...*ahem* Wiz..."
*PUNCH*

Eversmile said:
icurafu said:
Another us-and-them styled thread.

I'll try a 5 reasons to buy a Wiz over the Pandora for another perspective.

1) It is cheaper.
2) It is more compatible with previous generation games and apps.
3) The device is more portable being lighter, can be used outside and fits in a pocket.
4) It looks a tad less embarrassing to be caught with. (Will depend on final models)
5) GPH has a history in commercial gaming beyond hand-held and have lots of mistakes to have learned from already. ;)
I'd be embarassed of The Wiz!

"What's that stupid console with 2 d-pads?! how can you play games with 2 d-pads HUHHHH????"
"Uhh yeah it just looks like it has 2 d-pads. Trust me it's not as bad it looks!"
"Yeah well what's it called POINTDEXTER??"
"...The...*ahem* Wiz..."
*PUNCH*

The Wiz doesn't have two dpads. You should probably get your facts straight before bashing the Wiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back