WiiU Club

since we only got 4 games to choose from, i already had zelda, and pikmin couldnt peak my interest in the previous games, i just went with a safe bet mario bros. i know its pretty much a crap game, but at least i know ill finish it

Why do people bother with this ? the wiiu is dead in the water not even new mario and zelda games can save it 

the wiiu is dead in the water not even new mario and zelda games can save it 
Not 100% sure yet... MarioKart has driven sales up, and Zelda may change its destiny as well.

I don't think it will ever become super successful (probably too late for that), but it will probably be somewhere between the Gamecube and the N64 in terms of popularity. 

For other hunters out there, I have MH3U as well, and though I've never played it online I consider myself adequate with a bow :)

I second the comments... Mario Kart is not a game of skills, most of the time your position is due to PURE LUCK based on what the opponents threw at you and that's it. The first one on Super Famicom was certainly NOT like that, and a very good player could consistently finish first in every single race. On Wii, WiiU, not so much, it's way too random, and I really dislike the fact that the bonus are NOT random at all (first one gets nothing, last one gets everything) - this is a stupid concept.
I think there is more skill involved with MK8 than other recent versions, it seems like racing line plays a more prominent role than with MK7 for example, however there is still an element of luck involved with races using the default settings. I'm pretty sure that there is a skill factor or I wouldn't be getting such consistently bad positions when I play online. ;)

The fact that the strength of your powerup varies with your race position is a good design choice IMHO, it makes the races more interesting for less able players. However if you want the option of more powerful power ups for the front runners then try Frantic Mode.

If you want a pure test of skill then download and try to beat some of the top ghosts for the time trials or set up a custom race without items.

Why do people bother with this ? the wiiu is dead in the water not even new mario and zelda games can save it

From a personal perspective, I'm a PC gamer at heart so PS4 / XBone games have little appeal to me, as they tend to be much more expensive / graphically inferior / lack modding / no mouse + keyboard for FPS / no backwards compatibility etc. when compared to PC. The Wii / WiiU however offers excellent family / party friendly gaming experience which cannot be found on any other system IMHO. People / the media have a truly weird mindset when it comes to games systems, if the WiiU sells enough units / software over its entire lifetime to exceed associated costs then surely it is a success, even if it sells far less than PS4 or XBone?

Like Mr_Loon PC is the go to platform for the majority of my gaming these days.. which is why the the Xbox One/PS4 hold little interest for me, at least atm being essentially underwhelming specced PC boxes with all kinds of superfluous 'features' & I realize I'm in the minority but online competitive MP holds zero interest for me (local is another matter)

I was undecided on Wii U, but after seeing what was shown at E3 & the big N's apparent refocusing on what really matters..  I'll be climbing on board as soon as there's some better deals to be had, it's probably taken a bit longer than it should have, but they do now appear to be listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
For other hunters out there, I have MH3U as well, and though I've never played it online I consider myself adequate with a bow :)
I use the Bow a lot too. Might start playing with Switch Axe soon. Anyone else with MH3U?

Last edited by a moderator:
My ID is rygD.5407.  I sent a friend request to most of you.  If I missed anyone feel free to add me.

I use the Bow a lot too. Might start playing with Switch Axe soon. Anyone else with MH3U?
Couldn't that thread pop up sooner ? Now I feel sad that I choose WiiU Party over MH3U :mellow:
I know what you mean... if this thread was here sooner I would have gone for MH3 instead of Sonic... Ah well. I hope to Race with some of you on MK8... but I keep missing you all by an hour or so.

well lets all set up a time & date. something that might suit everyones or most peoples timezone, but doesnt interfere with world cup atm

Ugh, that means I'd have to run home at lunch to do a few games...

Not saying I'd be against that, it might be a nice way to break up the work day.

I still need to get my Nintendo ID on here. 

As to MH3U, I am a horn hunter. Something about healing myself indefinetely while enemies try to chip away at my health is so appealing to me. ^_^

I don't think I'm supposed to be up at 3AM ;)
Now you are.

As to MH3U, I am a horn hunter. Something about healing myself indefinetely while enemies try to chip away at my health is so appealing to me. ^_^
I use Long Sword (Simply because it's fast and it was the first Weapon I got used to) and Switch Axe.

Don't know if it's that fun to play together.

In village I do play the 6 star rank quests and did none of the Multiplayer quests.

If you are far better equipped than me it must be boring for you.

I would not be better equipped than you, as I don't think I've made it to 6 star quests yet.

I do have two setups for my horn character, one of which is a high hp build which focuses on healing, and my other build is a high attack which boosts attack also. All the horn buffs apply to allies as well. I want to eventually get the horn which can use the buff to negate stamina drain, I think that is helpful for Longswords, I'm not certain though...

Switch-Axes are tons of fun! I used those on the Wii version, but have since switched to the horn for the added song buffs.

The multiplayer quests is really where the game starts to shine, as you can get some awesome commodities and fight tons of enemies too.

Back