"the Wii Is A Piece Of Sh*t"

Instead of going after the other two games console manufacturers, and creating YET ANOTHER next gen console with posh HD graphics, which would have been stupid, they decided to go their own way and create something different but equally as fun.

I applaud them for that.

If this faggot doesn't like the Wii, then there are two other home consoles he can dev for..

declaration posted on Mar 8 2007 at 07:17 PM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 8 2007 at 07:01 PM said:
I have been saying it all along. This thing is gay all of the way from the name, to the arm flailing, to the weak hardware. The thing isn't even high-def :rolleyes: Old NTSC resolution is so last-gen. I saw a few games on it and it was hard to tell the difference between the Wii and a mediocre PS2 game. I can't see them going 5 more years with this thing after the gimmick wears off.
Have you not been listening? Graphics are not the most important thing in the world. Most people agree with me; hence the DS and Wii phenomenom.

If you can't see past crisp HD graphics, then I feel for you because you are missing out on some great multiplayer gaming. Get some friends over, get some beers in, put WiiSports on and enjoy. It certainly beats looking at Gears of War all day.

And I like Gears of War!

Sorry i don't play multiplayer games. If I am with friends I am doing other things, not playing kiddy looking low-res video games.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Mar 9 2007 at 12:20 AM said:
declaration posted on Mar 8 2007 at 07:17 PM said:
I have been saying it all along. This thing is gay all of the way from the name, to the arm flailing, to the weak hardware. The thing isn't even high-def :rolleyes: Old NTSC resolution is so last-gen. I saw a few games on it and it was hard to tell the difference between the Wii and a mediocre PS2 game. I can't see them going 5 more years with this thing after the gimmick wears off.
Have you not been listening? Graphics are not the most important thing in the world. Most people agree with me; hence the DS and Wii phenomenom.

If you can't see past crisp HD graphics, then I feel for you because you are missing out on some great multiplayer gaming. Get some friends over, get some beers in, put WiiSports on and enjoy. It certainly beats looking at Gears of War all day.

And I like Gears of War!

Sorry i don't play multiplayer games. If I am with friends I am doing other things, not playing kiddy looking low-res video games.

Firstly, you play on a console which's main function is to emulate "last-gen" machines.

Secondly, I find it very sad that you can't look past the "Kiddy looking low res video games" and into the enjoyable, simple gaming that the machine can bring. This machine is so cheap that you can afford to own one in addition to your PS3 or 360, so why are you moaning? It was not made to be compared with those machines, and if you think so, you are a fucking retard.

Orkie posted on Mar 8 2007 at 04:32 PM said:
Goemon4 posted on Mar 8 2007 at 08:44 PM said:
you can have fun with your hours of warioware and wii sports while i play Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Oblivion...
Is it just me or does that make no sense whatsoever? :D On the one hand you're telling us how bad the Wii is and on the other, you accept that people can have hours of fun, just as you can playing on another machine.

sarcasm.....

declaration posted on Mar 8 2007 at 05:03 PM said:
tbh Goemon4, the Wii has revolutionised gaming for me than the 360 did. It has changed the way I play games. It has gotten ALL of my housemates involved in gaming which is pretty remarkable. It isn't just better graphics.

Yes there are mini-games at the moment. However, Sonic has gotten good reviews and I loved the first DC Sonic game in the main so can't wait! Also, Paper Mario looks good. Not to mention Metroid etc. There will be plenty of third party titles; it will just take time. The DS had a dry patch at the beginning whilst the third party got on board. One thing is for sure: the third party companies are not going to stay away from a console with such a large worldwide userbase.

If graphics are not everything to you, the Wii is a great console. Combine it with a 360/PS3 for a dream combo.

it isnt graphics, im just saying i hate that damned wiimote, it seems to me people are more attracted in using in than playing games... but if there good 3rd party titles i dont think it would change my opinion, because it didnt with the ds... tho i do like the ds's hardware and 3 or 4 of its games its just im really not linking nintendo's gimmicks

Mosch posted on Mar 8 2007 at 05:24 PM said:
Goemon4 posted on Mar 8 2007 at 05:30 PM said:
i didnt read the article, but i completely agree with the title, the wii sucks.... i dont know how all of you can stand swining your arms around to play a game..... i say that, cause i was playing wii sports with my friend (along with Zelda nad Marvel Ultimate Alliance) and i just had so many annoyances with the wiimote! like it wouldnt pick up my movements, or it would read the wrong motion (like in bowling, and boxing) and pulling off combos in UA was just frustrating!

...seriously? I mean, flick your wrist left or right for a sweep, flick it up for a popup.... this is a lot easier and quicker than on the PC (I own both versions). Also the special moves are easier to use. I really think the motion sensing was done well there, even if it is "tacked on".
As for not picking up movements or picking up the wrong ones, I can not recall too many instances that happened to me. I have problems pulling off the Red Steel sword katas and... that's it. However my fiancee does them flawlessly so I suppose it's just my inability. Wii sports always did what I tried to do, but I admit that boxing took some getting used to (I kept holding the controllers wrong).

well for me flickign my wrist isnt the easiest thing, id rather just like flick a joystick, imo its just a tacky way to play, i find it more of a chore to do in a way than a new way of playing... i had alot of problems landing moves cause me and my friend were playing, and i wasnt directly in front of the screen,m so it was picking all my movements up completely wrong (which i found very annoying)

Goemon4 posted on Mar 8 2007 at 09:44 PM said:
i agree but disagree, yes graphics dont make a game, but the DS and Wii are not good consoles!!! the ds i will say is fine, but the wii is pure shit imo... its not a next gen console, thew 360 and ps3 are, idc how fun flinging a little remote around is, but all i know is you can have fun with your hours of warioware and wii sports while i play Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Oblivion... imo the Wii is a gimmick and i agree 100% with what DaveC said, its purely a gimmick, imo i thought a new generation was supposed to bring new technology to the plate? not old soggy out of date technology (with a jazzed up remote)... and whats even funnier, is that 70% of Wii owners hated the gamecube, i say thats funny cause when you add a remote to the mix, they all love it! ha reasons like this are why i really cant stand nintendo

"I don't care if it's fun, it's not next gen and therefore rubbish"?

i didnt mean it like that (tho in my rants i do tend to word things badly) but what im saying is, im not enjoying it at all, and it just dosnt feel like a new console for me, just a new gamecube (and i hate spending money on things i already own) cause i see sony and microsoft coming out with 2 new consoles with new features, then a gamecube with a remote...tbh i wasnt impressed with it, the price is good, but it just didnt appeal to me like the 360 and PS3 did.....

I mean look at the PS3, that IS a true next gen console, but OMFGWTFBBQ a 600 dollar price tag... just because of that no one wants it (lol) imo the ps3 is probably the greatest gaming console yet in terms of just about everything, as soon as sony gets their act together and puts out some good games, it will really show....

"As soon as it becomes good it will be good"?

no, as it gets more titles it will show what its capable of, hence turn more heads making it like the 600 bucks you just spent wasnt a waste.....

Also the 360 is a great console and a great example of a next gen console to, great games, great console/power, great online functions (XBA pwnz), i mean everything, and its not as good as the ps3 in terms of power, but it is brining new technology to the plate....

"Better graphics are new technology as long as it is not Nintendo improving them. Also, the implementation of motion sensing is not new technology, not matter how advanced it is compared to previous installments"?

again no, what im saying is i expect better things with a new console that are improved over the previous version, and yes better graphics arent new technology, but are a result of it... and motion sensitivity is not new at all for gaming, remember konami's arcade games with it which have been around for a while now... all im saying is Nintendo are using old hardware with a new peripheral imo...

But the Wii to me is nothing new, it really belongs in the previous generation, cause its is just a gamecube, and theres alot of new technology for nintendo (since its their first venture to alot of things) and thats what the previous generation did, and in thsi one they are perfecting/improving (like online play) all the wii has is a remote, and thats it, and its bad at that, my experience with the wii were not good, it wasnt picking up my movements, and i didnt enjoy the dumbed down games for it (which alot will be like) im pesonally surprised on how good zelda was, but everything else will be a dumbed down version of a game unlike the actual game for the 360 or PS3

"Nintendo...."
Sorry, I did not manage to understand that one.

what i mean was, that nintendo are just coming out with all this new stuff and all im wondering how good will it be, since they are doing alot of new stuff on the wii (that have been out on previous generation consoles) but all im sayin is that the next wii will be better and more polished then the current wii (hence there alot more bugs in it than in the more polished 360)

also you spelt phenomenon wrong

Don't take this the wrong way, but do not EVER try correct someone's spelling if you keep posting the way you do right now.

Now I'm not trying to tell you what you can like and I'm not going to be told what I can like by you. I just can not follow your logic at all. You, and this might sound nasty though it's not meant to be, sound exactly like our neighbour's son. He's fourteen and needs to constantly address the problem that I do not play "realistic" war simulations. However he did not want to try Trauma Center because he could not see blood.

As for the actual topic (Ahem) I can't comment on that because I don't know about the inner workings of the Wii. I like the new way to control games but I don't have to program them. It says alot about thi sperson if he actually put his point the way it is reported though.

lol, yeah i souldnt correct spelling, but i just noticed that (and typed what i was thinking) and to be more logical with my rant (since i do usually type w/o thinking), the wii (to me) is just not a good piece of hardware, and all the attention is going to the wiimote, unlike sony who are wowing us (well me atleast) with bigger more powerful gaming consoles, which is what should be done...its like honda brining back an 80's civic with like that is completely electrical (bad analogy i know, but you get my point)

yes it is all about gameplay, but the wii is just a gimmick, and im not buying it, call me stubborn but the day when i have to jump around and fling myself everywhere to play a game, i think ill take up a new hobby... also im not saying the wii isnt fun either, im just saying i dont enjoy it as a solid gaming platform like i do with the 360, and if its gonna be like the ds then ill steer clear of it (since i didnt really enjoy my first encounter with the DS either)and for the record... id rather play marvel ultimate alliance on my 360 over the wii's version any day

(sry for the sloppiness)

and @ Nova, yes the wii adn the 360/ps3 are completely different but when things are in the same market and targeted to the same people, they will be compared, it isnt like theres the current gen then nintendo's own little side generation by its own, their all in the same generation together, and hey look, people compare the psp to the 2x, even tho their completely different, but when things are in the same market they will be compared!

Ravnos posted on Mar 8 2007 at 07:26 PM said:

You're screaming at a wall. You've forgotten that DaveC is always right and knows everything, and to argue with him is to argue with the infallible word of God. You're just going to have to face the fact that the Wii sucks because he said so.

Instead of childish name calling and flaming make a valid point.

What I said is all true. The name is gay, you do flail around playing it, it is not high def, and the hardware IS weak.

If this isn't true point out the errors. I never said it sucks and no one should like/play it ;)

DaveC posted on Mar 8 2007 at 05:27 PM said:

You're screaming at a wall. You've forgotten that DaveC is always right and knows everything, and to argue with him is to argue with the infallible word of God. You're just going to have to face the fact that the Wii sucks because he said so.

You first.

DaveC posted on Mar 9 2007 at 12:27 AM said:

What I said is all true. The name is gay, you do flail around playing it, it is not high def, and the hardware IS weak.

If this isn't true point out the errors. I never said it sucks and no one should like/play it ;)
Talk about not making valid points....

i) you call the Wii's name "gay". You mean it is homosexual? If not, you mean it is a shit name? Why? Isn't it pretty sad to judge a console based on its name? I mean, "Xbox" and "Playstation" are hardly great names. I don't give a fuck what a console is called. If you do I pity you.

ii) what do you mean by "arms flailing"? Is that even a bad thing? Can the games of baseball and cricket be described as "arms flailing"? Are you 18 stone and do you find it hard to actually move? Is that why you love crisp HD graphics so much?

iii) On the subject of HD; why does it matter so much? Is it because games can be done in HD? Are all retro games now shit to play because they are not in HD? I've been playing games on my PC @1280x1024 for years. Does that mean I cannot enjoy console games? NO because I am not a loser fixated on graphics; I play games for fun, not for eye candy.

iv) Can't tell the difference between the PS2 and Wii? Even if that was true, so fucking what? There are countless PS2 games which kick the shit out of 360 and PS3 games HD or not.

v) The hardware is weak? well it is the only next-gen hardware to revolutionise the way I play games, and is the only next gen hardware to entice my housemates into gaming. Call that weak if you will.

At the end of the day, I don't care if people like you don't like the Wii. There are plenty of new people to fill your boots if you are too narrow minded to give the Wii a go.

Lols guess he did get a bollocking from the management in the end and has ended up butt licking... :lol:
Link here

At the end of the day ones entitled to their own opinion but he did go about it in a rather immature and childish manner.....not to unlike some members in the forum ;)

Goemon4 posted on Mar 9 2007 at 01:26 AM said:
i didnt read the article, but i completely agree with the title, the wii sucks.... i dont know how all of you can stand swining your arms around to play a game..... i say that, cause i was playing wii sports with my friend (along with Zelda nad Marvel Ultimate Alliance) and i just had so many annoyances with the wiimote! like it wouldnt pick up my movements, or it would read the wrong motion (like in bowling, and boxing) and pulling off combos in UA was just frustrating!

...seriously? I mean, flick your wrist left or right for a sweep, flick it up for a popup.... this is a lot easier and quicker than on the PC (I own both versions). Also the special moves are easier to use. I really think the motion sensing was done well there, even if it is "tacked on".
As for not picking up movements or picking up the wrong ones, I can not recall too many instances that happened to me. I have problems pulling off the Red Steel sword katas and... that's it. However my fiancee does them flawlessly so I suppose it's just my inability. Wii sports always did what I tried to do, but I admit that boxing took some getting used to (I kept holding the controllers wrong).

well for me flickign my wrist isnt the easiest thing, id rather just like flick a joystick, imo its just a tacky way to play, i find it more of a chore to do in a way than a new way of playing... i had alot of problems landing moves cause me and my friend were playing, and i wasnt directly in front of the screen,m so it was picking all my movements up completely wrong (which i found very annoying)

Not going to comment on the rest (Comparing opinions does not make any sense if they are about insubstantial things, for example one's prefered of control method) but I want to address this one.

You either did not understand how the Wimote works or just lied. You can sit with your back to the TV and the accelerometers will still work. It does not matter where you point, the movement is important.

Mmm, this is a serious question, can playing the Wii considered a sport? does it burn calories? will you feel hungry after few hours of playing or need a shower? am just wondering because I still didn't get a chance to test one myself :)

skysnapper posted on Mar 9 2007 at 12:46 AM said:
actually checked out his web page http://www.d6.com/users/checker/#toc for someone who harks on about graphics and visual design ... his web page is a lets just say little bit basic to say the least :D
the page isn't powerful enough to provide the next-gen experience i have been waiting for.

I think it´s severely underpowered.

Mosch posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:04 AM said:
Goemon4 posted on Mar 9 2007 at 01:26 AM said:

Not going to comment on the rest (Comparing opinions does not make any sense if they are about insubstantial things, for example one's prefered of control method) but I want to address this one.

You either did not understand how the Wimote works or just lied. You can sit with your back to the TV and the accelerometers will still work. It does not matter where you point, the movement is important.

yeah, but i knew how to use it, its just any extra movement seemed to confuse it, like you have to do it excatly as your supposed to w/o any little extra movements...tbh i just dont like the wii, i didnt enjoy playing it, and doubt i will (gaming controllers FTW!!)

"The Wii is a piece of s***!" Hecker began his talk, which was called "Fear of a Wii Planet." He blasted a few bars of Public Enemy to set the tone. Hecker said the Wii is nothing more than two GameCubes stuck together with duct tape, and that the console isn't powerful enough to provide the next-gen experience he has been waiting for.
Talk about someone who doesn't get it! If "the next-gen experience" is about nothing more than pretty graphics and a clever AI, I'm not that damned interested... I've never been a graphics whore (well, except for 3D racers, but the last round of consoles were "good enough" in that regard, imho) and most gaming AI's from the last-gen are good enough to hand me my ASS regularly! :lol:

Meanwhile, Nintendo is bring classic retro games to the masses with their Virtual Console service, and that's probably done more to improve home gaming than all the $20Million uber-budget-but-boring-as-hell I'm-so-pretty next-gen games released on the XBox360 or PS3 to date...

my 2¢ :p

skysnapper posted on Mar 9 2007 at 03:38 AM said:
Lols guess he did get a bollocking from the management in the end and has ended up butt licking... :lol:
Link here

lolz

I noticed too.

My respect went down even more for this guy.(it thats possible)

declaration posted on Mar 9 2007 at 01:51 AM said:
At the end of the day, I don't care if people like you don't like the Wii. There are plenty of new people to fill your boots if you are too narrow minded to give the Wii a go.

Just because I don't like awful looking last-gen graphics all stretched an blurred out on my HDTV, or the types of games it has I am "narrow minded" ? That is like saying that everyone that doesn't like the same color car that you do is "narrow minded". I already said I am not into multiplayer games and that is basically the main feature of the Wii.

The hardware may have a new feature that you like but it is still weak hardware as far as power. You may like it for other reasons but that doesn't all of a sudden make it more powerful.

It is not for me. I tried it, and the controller gimmick works well. I just don't like the graphics and how they look on HDTV, and I don't like the type of games on it, they are just not what I like.

Those that like the Wii and the types of games it has, have fun. Just realize that not everone is like you, and that doesn't make them "narrow minded".

And to others: stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that because it has terrible graphics you should not play it or like it. I said because it has terrible graphics it is weak hardware. There is a difference. A good response could just be without the flames and fanboyism "yeah the graphics aren't great but I like playing it anyway".

Goemon4, how the hell are the Wii and 360/ps3 aimed at the same markets? The 360 and ps3 are looking primarily at the hardcore base of fans and both microsoft and sony are lookingto keep these fans more so than bring in new ones. Sony is trying to bring in non gamers with its 'Sixaxis' piss of crap which from wat ive heard is more unresponsive than a wiimote. The Wii however is aiming for the Non gaming market allowing people of all ages to be able to play games with ease without them having to remember a huge list of buttons to hit to get a combo or something. I have my gripes with the Wii at the moment as well (like the lack of killer apps beside Zelda as Sonic hasnt really lived up to its promise after the first level) but beyond that, the console is near perfect. It presents a stable platform for which games companies don't have to worry about how much its gonna cost to put in HD graphics (which at this moment in time are useless as there is too small a user base of HD tvs in peoples homes for people to benefit from using the graphics). It presents possibilities that are beyond that of the 360 and PS3 in terms of gameplay. Doesn't everyone want to be able to feel like they are in a game? don't y'all wanna feel like u are the main character? Personally i believe that with the wiimote, it Wii brings people closer to having this dream become a reality and I think that is more important than having HD graphics.

Oh and the guy has already apologised for that statement taking back everything he has said. Im not putting up a link as its on most if not all creditable gaming sites.

Id also just like to make the point that the Wii isnt just about multiplayer as you can see through Zelda, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy ( although that last one will probably be have some form of multiplayer in it). The main focus for the Wii was to bring people together from all stretches of the globe allowing for online gaming amongst other things while providing unique challenges within games the dont result in monotonous button bashing. Yeh the graphics arent great [/u]yet But look at the stuff thats gonna be coming out in the near future. Things like mario galaxy and metroid prime 3 are pushing well beyond the capabilities of last gen graphics. And whos to say last gen graphics are crap? Resi Evil 4, on the gamecube at least, pushed beyond anything that was and is present on the last gen consoles. The only thing that beats it in terms of graphics is Okami but that is down to originality. But with that, we come back to originality and wat the wii and its games are about. Seriously, if people cant see that then wats the point. u've already been blinded by shiny graphics and arent gonna change. Well thats good then cause it means that the thousands of people worldwide who are still waiting to get hold of a wii can take the ones that u would get and then sell on due to it being 'insufficient.'

Bleh, no need for flamewars.

I think the Wii is the greatest thing since Rock ´n Roll. Really. I don´t remember having had this much fun with any console before, especially not a few months after the launch.

You can tell me all day how shitty its hardware is and you ´re probably right, but noone can just deny all the fun i´m havin with it.

According to DaveC´s greater Wii homosexuality theory i must be gay. Well, time for me to come out of the closet then.

Back