"the Wii Is A Piece Of Sh*t"

DaveC did the same thing with the DS; slagged it for having shit graphics and gimmicky controls. Said the PSP would destroy it when released. etc etc. He fails to realise that people buy games to play; otherwise we'd all be sat at home watching the latest Pixar film on our 48" HDTVs.

And you are narrow minded if you can't see past average graphics, and this makes you miss out on some truly immersive gaming experiences. You are narrow minded if you equate next-gen making purely with HD graphics. You are narrow minded if you refuse to play a game because of how it looks.

As has been said before, I like games with distinctive graphical styles. Jet Set Radio still looks beautiful to me today. Same with Okami and the WindWaker. No HD in sight.

Declaration, you keep referring to amazing game and amazing game experiences. What are you referring to exactly? Zelda is OK, but it's not like Dave is a moron and the wii is really taking a shit on it's competition in the quality games department ;)

That's the same thing as saying that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are aiming at the same market because they're all aimed at humans.

Nintendo aims at casual gamers and those not into gaming already (amongst others), microsoft and Sony aim at the hardcore gamers. There's quite a difference between the two.

what do you mean by "amongst others" ? by amongst others i guess you mean hardcore gamers wich then just means the same as what i said. All nintendo are doing is trying something different to try get these other people that dont usually play games to play games but they still want the usual gamers to play too.

What is a hardcore gamer ?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 10 2007 at 03:25 PM said:
Declaration, you keep referring to amazing game and amazing game experiences. What are you referring to exactly? Zelda is OK, but it's not like Dave is a moron and the wii is really taking a shit on it's competition in the quality games department ;)
Maybe not yet.

However, there are some gaming experiences on the Wii that have excited me more than any HD graphics could.

The controls of Excite Truck are quality. Imagine Mario Kart. Controlling Sonic with the Wiimote was amazing at first, the FPS controls offer promise. Now all we need is Metroid.

And I genuinely think WiiSports is one of the best gaming experiences of all time. The amazement which greeted my first play on that game matched past experiences of Halo, Mario64, and Half-Life 2 etc. Just as DaveC doesn't want to go back to SD graphics, I would never want to play a Tennis, Golf, or Bowling game with an analogue stick again. Will this be the same for driving and FPS in the future?

I think that when the Wii gets a killer FPS, dual analogue will seem pretty average. The controls have the potential to be a compromise between the precision and control of a mouse, and the relaxed position of dual-analogue. And it is the lack of mouse control which has always prevented me from really getting into console FPS'.

It is a pity that the Wii lacks HD graphics, but people really should be able to get over this and see the Wii for what it is. A quirky, fun, and potentially revolutionary gaming console. It is hardly worthy of being described as "a piece of shit".

Last edited by a moderator:
Wii is a piece of crap. I'm glad i did not buy one on impulse like I did the DS and tried it first. Sorry, but this system is crap. I'll stick to my 360 for a while.

declaration posted on Mar 11 2007 at 11:11 AM said:
And I genuinely think WiiSports is one of the best gaming experiences of all time. The amazement which greeted my first play on that game matched past experiences of Halo, Mario64, and Half-Life 2 etc.
Haha that's such a non sequitur it's not even funny. You're comparing games with extraordinary storylines, emmersive gameplay, and great controls- oh yeah, and unreal graphics, to wiisports? Yes it was awesome the first time I played it. Hell, the second and third time were pretty fun too. After that, it become obvious that the games are quite boring and unrealistic. Granted, baseball was and still is slightly amusing, but tennis? Your character walks over to the ball automatically. You just swing. If you're still giggling like a little girl when you play it I pity you. Really, baseball is the only slightly amusing game. I do enjoy billiards too, but Im getting a real pool table so screw that ;). It's not even that realistic.

Declaration, you say "maybe not yet". Well what if I were to say that in regards to the ps3? Maybe the great games havent come out yet! The wii has been out long enough to have more than zelda under it's name. Nintendo needs to put some fire under it's ass and get some decent games out. Otherwise I think you'll just keep saying "maybe not yet". If in 1 year from now there's still nothing fantastic out, you'll still be saying "maybe not yet".

Of course this is all IMO so feel free to tear it up ;)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 11 2007 at 04:14 PM said:
declaration posted on Mar 11 2007 at 11:11 AM said:
And I genuinely think WiiSports is one of the best gaming experiences of all time. The amazement which greeted my first play on that game matched past experiences of Halo, Mario64, and Half-Life 2 etc.
Haha that's such a non sequitur it's not even funny. You're comparing games with extraordinary storylines, emmersive gameplay, and great controls- oh yeah, and unreal graphics, to wiisports? Yes it was awesome the first time I played it. Hell, the second and third time were pretty fun too. After that, it become obvious that the games are quite boring and unrealistic. Granted, baseball was and still is slightly amusing, but tennis? Your character walks over to the ball automatically. You just swing. If you're still giggling like a little girl when you play it I pity you. Really, baseball is the only slightly amusing game. I do enjoy billiards too, but Im getting a real pool table so screw that ;). It's not even that realistic.

Declaration, you say "maybe not yet". Well what if I were to say that in regards to the ps3? Maybe the great games havent come out yet! The wii has been out long enough to have more than zelda under it's name. Nintendo needs to put some fire under it's ass and get some decent games out. Otherwise I think you'll just keep saying "maybe not yet". If in 1 year from now there's still nothing fantastic out, you'll still be saying "maybe not yet".

Of course this is all IMO so feel free to tear it up ;)
Yeah, but what games console had an amazing line up at this stage?

Do you remember the PS2 launch? It took ages for the good games to come out. What about the 360? We are still waiting for a GTA or a Halo.

The Wii will have surprised many of the third party companies with its success; but you can bank on them jumping on board now- just like they did with the DS. The third party company who did majorly back the Wii (Ubisoft) are busy counting dollar bills right now; I'm sure the Wii will see a plethora of third party games announced soon.

And the Wii has more than just Zelda: WiiSports, Excite Truck, Sonic, Elebits, Rayman etc.

Good catalogues take time to appear. They always have done. And all 3 next gen consoles are suffering from this at the moment.

Yes, they are. My point however, is that only time will tell. You can't possibly defend the wii by stating that games and game experiences are great, and then say "maybe not yet", because you're running around in circles and you cannot come off as credible if you're negating what you say from one sentence to another ;)

Statistically the PS3 and 360 have higher rated games than the wii atm. You keep pointing out mediocre-at-best titles when I'm referring to a great quality game. There are thousands of games out there rated 8 out of 10: does that mean they all should all be counted as a plus for the designated console? For the last time, I mean a GREAT game. Not a GOOD, or an OK game.

The gamecube had potential. But it got shitted on by the PS2, the weaker competition. Nintendo has been slacking off in the game department and they need to pick up the pace...or else the wii will be a failure like it's predecessor.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 11 2007 at 04:47 PM said:
Statistically the PS3 and 360 have higher rated games than the wii atm. You keep pointing out mediocre-at-best titles when I'm referring to a great quality game. There are thousands of games out there rated 8 out of 10: does that mean they all should all be counted as a plus for the designated console? For the last time, I mean a GREAT game. Not a GOOD, or an OK game.
Name three PS3 games that have consistently scored more than 8/10... If the Wii is living on Zelda, then the PS3 is living on Resistance.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 11 2007 at 04:47 PM said:
The gamecube had potential. But it got shitted on by the PS2, the weaker competition. Nintendo has been slacking off in the game department and they need to pick up the pace...or else the wii will be a failure like it's predecessor.
The GC hardware may have had potential but it was always always playing catch up to the PS2. It is not even a sensible comparison.

Consider these charts:

http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?n...e=2&align=0
See how the PS2 destroyed the GC from week one in Japan when you compare their launches side by side.

http://www.vgcharts.org/japconscomps.php?n...e=2&align=0
Notice any difference?

Now the US:

http://www.vgcharts.org/aconscomps.php?nam...e=2&align=0
v
http://www.vgcharts.org/aconscomps.php?nam...e=2&align=0

The Wii has a potential which is far far above what Nintendo managed with the GC. Their launch has been far superior and games have been coming faster. Third party have finally realised how big the Wii is. Expect more and more good games to be announced soon.

The Wii reminds me more of the DS than the GC. The DS had similar troubles a few months after its release and I remember people round here going on about the lack of new games and how the gimmick has worn off. Just be patient; the Spring is always shit for new games anyway.

I have to agree with daclassicgamingmaster and declaration. I do believe nintendo need to get off of their arses and give us the killer apps that they said would be there if the 3rd party development wasnt. Now all there is is third party development, most of which is just ports of PS2 games or old games with new controls (prince of persia). I do believe the Wii is starting out like the DS in that there were no real killer apps for it for months. The 3rd party games on the ds after it came out to bridge the gaps were mostly god awful and some 3rd party games that are being produced still are. Whether or not the Wii picks up depends on how quick nintendo can get their games to market. Im not meaning for them to rush them and produce below par games but it would have been nice if there were some decent games outta the few there are.

With the likes of Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl all supposed to come out within this year (im doubtful that metroid will make it but we'll see) there will be killer apps but its taking too long to get them. 360 is suffering this too but then its already got quite a few killer apps and the PS3 will pick up with time in the same way that the wii will. The problem will be whether or not consumers will wait to get the latest in High Definition gaming that cost some company $20 million to make with it taking years to arrive or whether they'll opt for the game with the lower price band that cost about a quarter of what it costs to make a ps3/360 game and although it doesnt have HD graphics still looks good.

It'll come down to the consumer in the end. What do you want:- a pure gaming machine with graphics twice as good as the best that the gamecube had to offer or a piece of multimedia hardware the shoes in HD graphics at extra cost as well as features, such as blu-ray, that may not even take off and may become the next betamax. You decide.

declaration posted on Mar 11 2007 at 02:08 PM said:
Name three PS3 games that have consistently scored more than 8/10... If the Wii is living on Zelda, then the PS3 is living on Resistance.
Resistance, Fight Night: Round 3, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

You can look them up if you don't believe me. Either way, your argument just went down the toilet.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 11 2007 at 10:05 PM said:
declaration posted on Mar 11 2007 at 02:08 PM said:
Resistance, Fight Night: Round 3, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

You can look them up if you don't believe me. Either way, your argument just went down the toilet.

Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7, Tiger Woods, Virtua Fighter 7, NBA Homecourt.

I like this game

By the way, I don't think that any console is better than the other, but Nintendo does need some killer apps so to speak.

Well GP2X users seem to have mixed opinions about the wii. Personally i really liked it. I have only played with friends thus far, but it was one of the funniest experiences i have had playing games. I have been playing oblivion and zelda(seasons GBC) recently and not once did i laugh or roll around in hysterics. But the wii seems to bring back what games are for whether they be electronic or not, having fun, laughing and enjoying time with friends, particular friends not into gaming themselves.

I'm going to buy one for myself shortly...

If you can think of a better way to get girls rolling around on your bed, I'd like to hear it! :p

Ganepark32 posted on Mar 9 2007 at 03:29 PM said:
Goemon4, how the hell are the Wii and 360/ps3 aimed at the same markets? The 360 and ps3 are looking primarily at the hardcore base of fans and both microsoft and sony are lookingto keep these fans more so than bring in new ones. Sony is trying to bring in non gamers with its 'Sixaxis' piss of crap which from wat ive heard is more unresponsive than a wiimote. The Wii however is aiming for the Non gaming market allowing people of all ages to be able to play games with ease without them having to remember a huge list of buttons to hit to get a combo or something. I have my gripes with the Wii at the moment as well (like the lack of killer apps beside Zelda as Sonic hasnt really lived up to its promise after the first level) but beyond that, the console is near perfect. It presents a stable platform for which games companies don't have to worry about how much its gonna cost to put in HD graphics (which at this moment in time are useless as there is too small a user base of HD tvs in peoples homes for people to benefit from using the graphics). It presents possibilities that are beyond that of the 360 and PS3 in terms of gameplay. Doesn't everyone want to be able to feel like they are in a game? don't y'all wanna feel like u are the main character? Personally i believe that with the wiimote, it Wii brings people closer to having this dream become a reality and I think that is more important than having HD graphics.

Oh and the guy has already apologised for that statement taking back everything he has said. Im not putting up a link as its on most if not all creditable gaming sites.
their all gaming consoles targeted towards gamers, theres not much more to it really, just cause their targeted towards different gamers, their still targeting gamers, no? just because the wii has a remote dosnt give it some immunity to be in a diferent market or what not, its a gaming console, simple as that.....

tbh, the PS3 currently has a lot of low 8 scoring games. Most of them are also available on the PS2 or are sports games where each new release gets a good score.

I would rather have Zelda, WarioWare, and Wii Sports any day. They are three killer titles that people will buy consoles for.

I also cannot wait to see whether Paper Mario will be any good because the videos I have seen look ace.

But the PS3 should be great too when it falls in price/ gets some original games.

declaration posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:22 PM said:
Most of them are also available on the PS2 or are sports games where each new release gets a good score.
...Such as Fight Night. So use the other examples given if you insist on pushing the moot point.

declaration posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:22 PM said:
tbh, the PS3 currently has a lot of low 8 scoring games.

You're running in circles. You asked for 3 examples, you got a lot more than that. Now you're going back to square one ;)

Back