WiiU Club

I thought the preload thing was strange anyway. If the content is there and ready then why not just release it... >.<
Well, there is still this mysterious thing called release date (where I do predomantly don't know why they can differ between certain areas/countries). As far as I know the preload mechanism was implemented to remove strain from the servers on release date.

Anyone else think Xenoblade Chronicles X almost looks/sounds too good? (even bearing in mind the superb original) ..the stunning & wildy varied enviroments, deep/responsive combat, 300+ hrs of gameplay, mechs, the ability to change/customize more or less everything, seamless field (no loading) the list goes on.. & all on hardware that's significantly less powerful than the other two.

There's not many things left to cross off my dream RPG checklist.

It's great to get a team that are this ambitious.. just hope they manage to pull everything off though, it's out Apr in Japan but date yet to be confirmed for other regions.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AvpNXhzscjQ?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks amazing from that video, will have to keep my eye out for that one I think

Has anyone some thoughts about the Splatoon demo ?

My oldest stumbled upon it yesterday while looking for a NES game in the eshop - luckily we were almost in time for the second slot. Did not get much time out of it as I had to share it with two of my sons (it was their first experience in multiplayer shooters, so they were quite hooked), but telling from what I saw/played, this could be something really nice. Nothing groundbreaking, but the squid - game mechanic adds a nice/fun spin to it.

I'm no multiplayer expert but the limited demo weapon set, felt a little unbalanced and I found it cumbersome, that I needed to skip back to the beginning to change my role, it would have been nice if it were possible in the multiplayer lobby. Due to the limited time I did not get some game mechanics, like the teleporter.

I also had problems adjusting to the motion control, but in the end, I had the feeling to aim more precise than with the sticks.

Speaking of the multiplayer lobby, there is a neat (8-Bit) looking minigame included, but (at least) in the demo it just starts all over again when you enter the lobby the next time - so the incentive to actully get a score was very low

The demo itself felt a litle clunky, mainly for the resons you have already mentioned. But it did give a good feel for the game, which looks like an intense but rediculously fun experience!

I really enjoyed it. I managed to catch two of the test fire slots and played for the full hour on both ocassions.

The mechanics take a little getting used to, I expect the roller is a little overpowered, but not to the extent that some people are claiming about.

I will definitely be getting this on or shortly after release! :)

Finally I didn't have any lag problems, but I did have inital connection problems. I suspect this is the whole point of the demo, to load test their servers prior to the game going live.

I really enjoyed it. I managed to catch two of the test fire slots and played for the full hour on both ocassions.
I was able to attend two (out of three) occasions - at least partially
The mechanics take a little getting used to, I expect the roller is a little overpowered, but not to the extent that some people are claiming about.
I thought that too in the beginning, but during the late test slot, when people started to use the additional abilities of their respective roles, the obvious advantage of the roller got smaller and smaller.
Finally I didn't have any lag problems, but I did have inital connection problems. I suspect this is the whole point of the demo, to load test their servers prior to the game going live.
Had almost no problems (except during one game, were the inked area wasn't updated anymore for a minute or so), no connection problems either - I find it a little odd though, that they just cut the line to the server as soon as the test slot was over, so the client just stated a connection problem (looked a bit "amateurish" to me)

Hey Guys! I'm bringing this chat back up because the Super Mario Maker game is out. I picked it up and it is a pretty cool game. Not as good as Riivolution, but since there is a server involved, you can now exchange levels a lot easier from around the world. If any of you guys get the game as well, let me know so I can try out your levels. My wii u name is the same as my user name Majin Wamu.

I've only uploaded one pretty short level so far, but my wiiU name is FelixNemis.
I'll probably be making some more though, because I'm really enjoying it so far.

I've only uploaded one pretty short level so far, but my wiiU name is FelixNemis.

I'll probably be making some more though, because I'm really enjoying it so far.
Want to check out my stages? (Maybe leave a star?)

If you leave me your level codes I will play them and leave you a star :)

here are the codes if you want to look them up:

Hard as Ice

99B4-0000-001D-0930

Morning Walk

1ACA-0000-001F-6EB3

High Elevation

ACDF-0000-0027-0DCA

Bowser's Horror House

CDE2-0000-0027-B5B3

Can you Beat this Level???

A935-0000-002A-3A57

Mario the Gardener