Wii U game sales

I can already tell you what's going to occur. The Xbone will sell lots, but will not be completely sold out. The PS4 will fly off the shelves and will be out of stock until the holidays

Oh, and Sony will sell lots of games because people feel safe knowing they can sell them to gamestop when they are done

Ok,,ok so I am a dick because you disagree with me...well then you sir are an ass head!!
No, you're a dick because you insulted a large portion of the gaming community and when I pointed out to you that what you said was insulting you took it personally and doubled down on your efforts. You haven't said a single thing to demonstrate your point, just insults.
I admitted it was a error on my part
No you didn't. You simply said you were sorry if I was insulted. That means that you don't understand why I would find what you were saying to be insulting, you just want me to go away without thinking about it. If that's what you want, to just not think about the consequences of your actions, then fine enough. You're allowed to be wrong, I've done this dance before. I just wish people would tell me when they want to shut their brain off before they engage in debate.
So, is there anything else that needs to be said?
All poorly framed debate aside, Nintendo does seem to have been missing out on a very large market of mature gamers as of late. I'm not talking about pumping blood into a game and slapping an "M" sticker on it, I mean games geared towards the minds of adults, with thought provoking stories and gameplay. Look at Portal: rated E, very simplistic on the surface but carrying itself incredibly deep if you were to look for it. Remember Final Fantasy 3/6: compelling political statements throughout (right up until the world goes to ruin :p ). Or Suer Metroid, where getting through certain parts required complex combinations of collected power-ups. Even Wind Waker, with its bright and friendly play style, managed to surprise me with some of its darkness, perhaps even more so because of it. These are the kinds of games that I miss out on now, games that are fun that leave me still thinking about them an hour after I've stopped playing because they're just that compelling. Nintendo used to be full of them. They've started drifting away from that, cornering the market on party games and straight forward gameplay. That's quite alright, those games are fun, but I just wonder if they still have the ability to make a game tat is both fun and thought provoking. Can anyone think of a recent release that was like that?

^ Ok, you guys stop now, enough already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo does seem to have been missing out on a very large market of mature gamers as of late. I'm not talking about pumping blood into a game and slapping an "M" sticker on it, I mean games geared towards the minds of adults, with thought provoking stories and gameplay. Look at Portal: rated E, very simplistic on the surface but carrying itself incredibly deep if you were to look for it. Remember Final Fantasy 3/6: compelling political statements throughout (right up until the world goes to ruin :p ). Or Suer Metroid, where getting through certain parts required complex combinations of collected power-ups. Even Wind Waker, with its bright and friendly play style, managed to surprise me with some of its darkness, perhaps even more so because of it. These are the kinds of games that I miss out on now, games that are fun that leave me still thinking about them an hour after I've stopped playing because they're just that compelling. Nintendo used to be full of them. They've started drifting away from that, cornering the market on party games and straight forward gameplay. That's quite alright, those games are fun, but I just wonder if they still have the ability to make a game tat is both fun and thought provoking. Can anyone think of a recent release that was like that?
This. This is what I find a game intended for mature audiences to be like. What's beneath the surface is a lot more important than what's above it. A good example are games that start out simple, with black and white morality and an implied implicitly righteous mission, but as you experience the game world you start to question what you're actually doing, leaving you with a moral dilemma that even extends outside the game. I haven't played the game, but I've come to understand "Spec Ops: The Line" is a recent game in this category. The best ones hold like this to the end, never giving you a blank check of being in the right.

The most recent game I've played that felt mature in a thought provoking way was Mother 3. The underlying themes are by no means simple or straightforward, and just about every character in the game is tragic one way or the other. On the outside the game of course is cheerful and quirky, fooling those that find "maturity" in "stuff kids aren't supposed to see".

@wizardstan..1..you appear to be the only insulted one here....and yes being called a 'DICK' is upsetting  just because you disagree with me

2..I apologized....I admitted error ...yes to you since you are the only one so hot and bothered with me ....for which I think there is another reason. If anyone else is upset by this I would feel the same apologies towards them but this is not the case.

3.If this is such a poorly framed debate why do you continue the banter?

4. *

*All I really was trying to say was that I believe Nintendo needs to be rethinking it's market strategy meaning more intense,bloody,gory yet well done games which BTW are typically M rated. Not to say the E,T games are bad or anyone that hates M games is beneath me or inferior as you suggest.

On another aspect of this...some member stated the perhaps there needs to be a changing of the guard regarding  Mr. Miyamato ...I agree with this. Maybe some new blood in the mix yes?

Now I am done.

Last edited:
One more parting shot, promise, then he's completely out of my mind. 
@wizardstan..1..you appear to be the only insulted one here....and yes being called a 'DICK' is upsetting  just because you disagree with me
I didn't *just* disagree with you, I pointed out how you were wrong. Not a matter of opinion: you called an apple an orange and when I said "no, that's definitely an apple" you got defensive and doubled down your efforts.
2..I apologized....I admitted error ...yes to you since you are the only one so hot and bothered with me ....for which I think there is another reason. If anyone else is upset by this I would feel the same apologies towards them but this is not the case.
You apologized for me feeling insulted. You never apologized for being wrong. You haven't even acknowledged the possibility that you could be wrong. You're still doing it in the paragraph below this one.
Because there are other people here besides you worth talking to. It's been fun, but you haven't contributed anything to the discussion. I've said the last thing that I needed to say, there is now nothing you could respond with that would get me to continue on.
The most recent game I've played that felt mature in a thought provoking way was Mother 3.
I've heard a lot of good things about Mother 3, yeah, that's pretty much the thing I miss. Unfortunately I felt a weird compulsion to finish Earthbound before playing Mother 3 and that never happened. Hmmm, I've got 2 weeks of virtual bachelorhood coming up, maybe I can get some play time in.At any rate, that's still a nearly 20 year old game. What has Nintendo done lately? There's got to be something, the well didn't run completely dry, did it? The Metroid Prime series (Other M inclusive, even though the thoughts it provoked are less than palatable :p ) is the latest I can think of, and even that's 3 years old now.

With the Wii-U, the best thing is (and this may not be the USP that Nintendo might champion) Off-TV Play. Being able to play a game on the gamepad in bed with the Wii-U downstairs is just great. Means I can hang with wife while she watches TV and still play a game. I love it.

More games and more consoles should have this by default.

With the Wii-U, the best thing is (and this may not be the USP that Nintendo might champion) Off-TV Play. Being able to play a game on the gamepad in bed with the Wii-U downstairs is just great. Means I can hang with wife while she watches TV and still play a game. I love it.

More games and more consoles should have this by default.
yEP :)

This is a winning feature for me too.

I will be playing on the big screen, she'll want to watch something really great like Next Top Model, and I will give up the big screen and continue peacefully on the tablet ... without even leaving the sofa :)

I like playing on the tablet too. find it comfortable, nice enough size, I'm happy to spend ages on that.

I love Mario games too, including the 2D NSMB, I'd like more if I'm honest, just something about the Mario Bros series that I enjoy and have done from the NES days.

I hope the Wii U has plenty life in it yet, and plenty more Virtual Console releases

One more parting shot, promise, then he's completely out of my mind. 
I didn't *just* disagree with you, I pointed out how you were wrong. Not a matter of opinion: you called an apple an orange and when I said "no, that's definitely an apple" you got defensive and doubled down your efforts.
You apologized for me feeling insulted. You never apologized for being wrong. You haven't even acknowledged the possibility that you could be wrong. You're still doing it in the paragraph below this one.
Because there are other people here besides you worth talking to. It's been fun, but you haven't contributed anything to the discussion. I've said the last thing that I needed to say, there is now nothing you could respond with that would get me to continue on.
The most recent game I've played that felt mature in a thought provoking way was Mother 3.
I've heard a lot of good things about Mother 3, yeah, that's pretty much the thing I miss. Unfortunately I felt a weird compulsion to finish Earthbound before playing Mother 3 and that never happened. Hmmm, I've got 2 weeks of virtual bachelorhood coming up, maybe I can get some play time in.
At any rate, that's still a nearly 20 year old game. What has Nintendo done lately? There's got to be something, the well didn't run completely dry, did it? The Metroid Prime series (Other M inclusive, even though the thoughts it provoked are less than palatable :p ) is the latest I can think of, and even that's 3 years old now.
@WizardStan...There is something called...agreeing to disagree !! Like two gentlemen would do. Not calling someone a 'DICK' like an immature child such as you did because you think they are wrong.

Last edited:

I will be playing on the big screen, she'll want to watch something really great like Next Top Model, and I will give up the big screen and continue peacefully on the tablet ... without even leaving the sofa :)
Netflix and youtube are killer as well. Not the youtube app, that's garbage, but if you bring up youtube in the browser it really puts the extra screen to good use. My wife and I spent hours watching stupid videos together when we first got it.

Netflix and youtube are killer as well. Not the youtube app, that's garbage, but if you bring up youtube in the browser it really puts the extra screen to good use. My wife and I spent hours watching stupid videos together when we first got it.
Hours watching stupid videos ?? Well this explains everything. ;)  My point comes to fruition .

Now I am done.

Last edited:

Hours watching stupid videos ?? Well this explains everything. ;)  My point comes to fruition .

Now I am done.
Well, you're really a dick…

Now I am done.
Well, you're really a dick…
Well,at least I have one.  ;) ....a troll comes to the rescue.

Last edited:
WizardStan, on 12 Jul 2013 - 4:57 PM, said:

FZERO, on 12 Jul 2013 - 3:19 PM, said:

In fact, apart from the less-than-universal support of Off-TV play, the only disappointment is battery life of the Gamepad. Needs twice as long really.

In fact, apart from the less-than-universal support of Off-TV play, the only disappointment is battery life of the Gamepad. Needs twice as long really.
The fact that you can get one of these with almost three times the battery life in the same package makes me seriously question what Nintendo was thinking. Nintendo is releasing its own "extended battery" in a few weeks, but it's not even double the current battery and is predicted to cost $30.

I've heard a lot of good things about Mother 3, yeah, that's pretty much the thing I miss. Unfortunately I felt a weird compulsion to finish Earthbound before playing Mother 3 and that never happened. Hmmm, I've got 2 weeks of virtual bachelorhood coming up, maybe I can get some play time in.
As a short sidetrack: I do suggest playing earthbound first. There's some stuff that adds to the experience of mother 3, though it's by no means crucial. Won't spoil it for you :p

On a positive note, I understand Nintendo have a huge cash reserve, so they can afford a missed step or two. Perhaps then they may develop their next console sooner if the U remains a poor seller.

They sure do. They will do a huge marketing push for christmas id say. Take a new tact. They realky need to.

Back