Nintendo Wii U

WindWakerHD
Really, the worst Zelda in the series (that I have played) ? Even Zelda 2 was a lot more fun then endlessy traversing a blue wasteland
NintendoLand - I'd rather Mario Party
If you can get it for cheap, buy it, its a great game actually, just not for single player

Something you probably also already know: don't pay extra for a 32GB console if you also want to use the eshop to some extent. If so, you will eventually connect some sort of storage device to it as the internal space is used up.
I agree 100% on WW. My least favorite of the series, and I had to force myself to finish it. I've finished every Zelda game except for MM, and WW was a HUGE disappointment in the grand scheme of things. It was gorgeous to look at, but I think "N" should have focused more on the actual game, than on the looks. This game is the "perfect" example of graphics aren't everything, which is a lesson "N" is always trying to teach to others. They should have taken their own advice on this one.

Nintendoland is a cool pack in game, and has it's moments. My son loves it, and I'll play with him from time to time. For me it's like Wii sports, it's cool for hanging out with friends and family, but I don't think I would pay money for it, unless it was $10 or less.

As for the 32GB machine, I agree, if you need more space over time, it's a better buy to get the smaller machine at a cheaper cost, and then getting bigger memory options down the line. My son's Wii U is the 32GB unit, and I don't see him ever filling that, as we just don't buy digital all that often. I have a 32GB SD card in my 3DS, and I have tons of games on there, but most of them are so small in size, I'll never fill that one either. Sadly, I have a 64GB card in my Vita, and it's almost full :p

Chris

This game is the "perfect" example of graphics aren't everything, which is a lesson "N" is always trying to teach to others
It's incredibly ironic that you say that since at the time it came out the #1 complaint was how crappy the graphics were.

Actually, wasn't the number 1 complaint due to the fact that people wanted more realistic (less cartoony) TLoZ-Link character graphics and art style, thus opposed the cell shading (toon shading) that Nintendo went with?

Nintendoland is a cool pack in game, and has it's moments. My son loves it, and I'll play with him from time to time. For me it's like Wii sports, it's cool for hanging out with friends and family, but I don't think I would pay money for it, unless it was $10 or less.

As for the 32GB machine, I agree, if you need more space over time, it's a better buy to get the smaller machine at a cheaper cost, and then getting bigger memory options down the line. My son's Wii U is the 32GB unit, and I don't see him ever filling that, as we just don't buy digital all that often. I have a 32GB SD card in my 3DS, and I have tons of games on there, but most of them are so small in size, I'll never fill that one either. Sadly, I have a 64GB card in my Vita, and it's almost full :p

Chris
When I first got my Wii U on launch, I actually played Nintendoland and then found it boring (didn't have anyone who wanted to play with me), so I sold it that very week.

Alright, I'll be ther 32GB and put a big ass SDXC (if supported) card in it.

Bayonetta 2 - Wish Bayonetta 1 was on Wii U as well, I wouldn't mind owning them on a single console
Bayomnetta 1 IS on the WiiU. :D I got it as a double pack.
 Thank you, I'll definitely get that then. SEGA here I come! :D

My only advice is to buy your WiiU refurbished from nintendo. It was way cheaper than retail and is AS good as a new item... plus has the added bonus of probably reducing e-waste... trivially so.
 Thanks mate, I've already got a family friend who would sell me hers (nice black one) for $100 bucks.

My only advice is to buy your WiiU refurbished from nintendo. It was way cheaper than retail and is AS good as a new item... plus has the added bonus of probably reducing e-waste... trivially so.
They may not offer the refurbs "down under", but if they do, it's a pretty good deal if the pricing is similar. We just got the all white 32GB refurbs online, and those aren't even offered at retail here. I want one, but I'm waiting for the magic price of $200.
Chris
 Thanks mate, I've already got a family friend who would sell me hers (nice black one) for $100 bucks.

WindWakerHD
Really, the worst Zelda in the series (that I have played) ? Even Zelda 2 was a lot more fun then endlessy traversing a blue wasteland
NintendoLand - I'd rather Mario Party
If you can get it for cheap, buy it, its a great game actually, just not for single player
Something you probably also already know: don't pay extra for a 32GB console if you also want to use the eshop to some extent. If so, you will eventually connect some sort of storage device to it as the internal space is used up.
1. I love cell shading.

2. I plan to homebrew it up one day!

This game is the "perfect" example of graphics aren't everything, which is a lesson "N" is always trying to teach to others
It's incredibly ironic that you say that since at the time it came out the #1 complaint was how crappy the graphics were.

Actually, wasn't the number 1 complaint due to the fact that people wanted more realistic (less cartoony) TLoZ-Link character graphics and art style, thus opposed the cell shading (toon shading) that Nintendo went with?
Yeah, this was the "exact" issue at the time. Fans wanted one graphic style, and got another. Nothing new there, but overall, the graphics where considered it's best feature for sure. That's why it got the HD treatment, so they could show off it's best feature.

Chris

I didn't get it for the gamecube because I didn't like the art style, nothing to do with the graphics, I thought those were fine. After playing the WiiU remake a bit, it has some amazing elements in the game, some of the best the series has seen. But unfortunately the work in between those was just awful. Still never finished it, even though I love some of the stuff I did in it. And it's damn near impossible to pick it up again after some time in between. No idea where to go and what to do anymore, and don't want to start it again. 

I didn't get it for the gamecube because I didn't like the art style, nothing to do with the graphics, I thought those were fine. After playing the WiiU remake a bit, it has some amazing elements in the game, some of the best the series has seen. But unfortunately the work in between those was just awful. Still never finished it, even though I love some of the stuff I did in it. And it's damn near impossible to pick it up again after some time in between. No idea where to go and what to do anymore, and don't want to start it again. 
I agree it had some good elements, but the overall package fell flat for me. I've always thought EVERY Zelda game had good & bad, and to this day I'm hoping "N" will finally make a game that includes the best parts of all the games, but that's unlikely to happen. Having boat segments, then coming on land and using Epona, then maybe some train and flying sections as well. This would be a HUGE game, and require a full open world.

I actually recently started playing WW on the Wii U as well, to help my son get through some of the tougher parts, and I had to stop on the second dungeon. It was like pulling teeth, just not fun at all. But it looks damn nice in HD for sure.

Chris

After playing the WiiU remake a bit, it has some amazing elements in the game, some of the best the series has seen.

Interesting, would you name a few of those ?

In other news, in the wake of the SMM Release Nintendo started a new round of C&D on youtube targeting SMW mod videos > I just don't understand why they are doing this ?

After playing the WiiU remake a bit, it has some amazing elements in the game, some of the best the series has seen.

Interesting, would you name a few of those ?

In other news, in the wake of the SMM Release Nintendo started a new round of C&D on youtube targeting SMW mod videos > I just don't understand why they are doing this ?
Will the law support this?  Will they be targeting unfavorable reviews next?

The black one has 32GB internal memory. The white 8GB. You'll probably need an external HD drive at some point, so it's whether you get it sooner or later. I've had my WiiU since day 1 and I've got loads of games, including eShop downloaded ones and the memory isn't anywhere near full.

Do you want to pay extra now or later?

Pricey, don't forget that I already have a family friend who would sell me hers (nice black one) for $100 bucks, but now I'm thinking how nice the white one looks. I'll just see I go next month.

Back