Super Smash Bros

Mario Kart

Donkey Kong (not with shitty bongos)

Super Mario Land

Xenoblade 2 (at least how I call it)

Bayonetta

All those games will be awesome.
Yes, they probably will :)

Looking forward to playing them. Especially the new smash bros. I have quite a few hundred hours logged on brawl.
I have 800+ house and that's without the hundreds of hours I spent making custom characters :) .

I think I'm the biggest Super Smash Bros. Brawl nerd here ;) .

Not to start a debate or argue but don't you ever tire of those characters?

What's so special about M rated games?
Blood,violence,gore,sexual content,guns and large weapons of destruction, talk or use of drugs and alcohol....things a child or immature person should not play  :eek:   :lol:   

That is exactly why M rated games are so special.

Perhaps some of you out there are not ready to go M yet  ;) ? ...I haven't a clue. Ever play Manhunt on PC ?...quite a special breed indeed . It even holds up today and in my opinion a classic M rated only game. Second best port of it would be PS2.

BTW Hotline Miami for PS VITA  is quite good and M rated!!!  B) ,,another one Nintendo missed out on.

Seriously I like Mario and the crew but how much or how many renditions can one tolerate?...I think it is overkill now. Let that bloke rest in piece.
I just think Nintendo is stuck in the Mario muck and they need to get out of it change course.

Last edited:
Blood,violence,gore,sexual content,guns and large weapons of destruction, talk or use of drugs and alcohol....things a child or immature person should not play  :eek:   :lol:   

Really? I thought fun and interesting game mechanics make a game special... Maybe that whole "M" thing only appeals to kids because they're not supposed to view it?

Seriously I like Mario and the crew but how much or how many renditions can one tolerate?...I think it is overkill now. Let that bloke rest in piece.
Nearly every Mario game has at least introduced some new mechanic that made it different from every incarnation before it, injecting fun.How many Call Of Duty games are there and could you tell the difference between them based entirely on a description of the gameplay?

So long as Nintendo keeps making games that are fun people will keep buying them. This is a universal constant. I don't understand how Johnny Maturegamer can still play "Yet Another FPS: Further Shades of Brown" when the genre has been so heavily saturated, yet they continue to make them and people (who aren't me) continue to enjoy them.

Long story short:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0la5DBtOVNI?feature=oembed

Not to start a debate or argue but don't you ever tire of those characters?
Didn't you read the second part?

I made my own charcters.

See my masterpiece:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=4077.0

Yeah, it's real. You can do this with Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Now that is impressive!! ;)

Really? I thought fun and interesting game mechanics make a game special... Maybe that whole "M" thing only appeals to kids because they're not supposed to view it?
or...maybe not  ;)

Nearly every Mario game has at least introduced some new mechanic that made it different from every incarnation before it, injecting fun.
How many Call Of Duty games are there and could you tell the difference between them based entirely on a description of the gameplay?

So long as Nintendo keeps making games that are fun people will keep buying them. This is a universal constant. I don't understand how Johnny Maturegamer can still play "Yet Another FPS: Further Shades of Brown" when the genre has been so heavily saturated, yet they continue to make them and people (who aren't me) continue to enjoy them.

Long story short:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0la5DBtOVNI?feature=oembed
Was I being a d..k? :unsure: ..again.

Last edited:
or...maybe not  ;)
Was I being a d..k? :unsure:
Well, your entire argument against Nintendo, their dilemma as you said, is that they don't have "Mature" games, and the only reason you've given that "M" rated games are better is because they contain things that kids shouldn't see. You then heavily implied that the only people who don't like M rated games are those "not ready for it": ie, you basically said "if you don't like blood, gore, violence, and sex in all of your games then you are a child".

"Oh, but I didn't say that" you might counter. Bullshit. You did say that. You didn't use those exact words but that is the logical conclusion to be drawn.

Only an idiot buys a game because it is labeled as something; a savvy consumer buys the games that they think they will have fun with. And I'm going to blow your mind here, so get ready: it is possible to have fun without blood and guts splattered all over the screen. I know this is hard to take, but just think about it very carefully. Not everyone has the same tastes as you, not everyone likes the same things that you do. It's one thing to make fun of a particular game or genre, it's another to completely dismiss it. I make jokes about the number of Call Of Duty games that come out year after year but I still accept that, for whatever reason, people enjoy playing them. You didn't give anyone here that benefit, you flat out stated that you didn't think these games should continue to be made despite the fact that people continue to enjoy playing them.

So yes, you are being a dick.

or...maybe not  ;)
Was I being a d..k? :unsure:
Well, your entire argument against Nintendo, their dilemma as you said, is that they don't have "Mature" games, and the only reason you've given that "M" rated games are better is because they contain things that kids shouldn't see. You then heavily implied that the only people who don't like M rated games are those "not ready for it": ie, you basically said "if you don't like blood, gore, violence, and sex in all of your games then you are a child".

"Oh, but I didn't say that" you might counter. Bullshit. You did say that. You didn't use those exact words but that is the logical conclusion to be drawn.

Only an idiot buys a game because it is labeled as something; a savvy consumer buys the games that they think they will have fun with. And I'm going to blow your mind here, so get ready: it is possible to have fun without blood and guts splattered all over the screen. I know this is hard to take, but just think about it very carefully. Not everyone has the same tastes as you, not everyone likes the same things that you do. It's one thing to make fun of a particular game or genre, it's another to completely dismiss it. I make jokes about the number of Call Of Duty games that come out year after year but I still accept that, for whatever reason, people enjoy playing them. You didn't give anyone here that benefit, you flat out stated that you didn't think these games should continue to be made despite the fact that people continue to enjoy playing them.

So yes, you are being a dick.
No I thought I said the problem with Nintendo having poor sales is the fact that they have ventured poorly into the M rated gaming genre!!..and they need to be more focused on creating those type games which might improve sales and overall image.

Last edited:
Wii U game sales would improve IMHO if Nintendo attempted to be more creative in producing M rated//Adult type games rather than beating on the Mario/zelda bush all the while.

Last edited:
No I thought I said the problem with Nintendo having poor sales is the fact that they have ventured poorly into the M rated gaming genre!!..and they need to show more savoy creating those type games which might improve sales and overall image.
Nowhere in your ramblings did that thought ever come up. You started straight in with how much you enjoyed M rated games, punched in with an insult against people that play non-M rated games, and then followed up saying Mario needs to "rest" and questioning why someone would enjoy Smash Bros.Even if you had said what you thought you said, you're still implying that M rated games are strictly better than non-M rated games, stating that Nintendo needs to venture further into this market in order to succeed.

I am telling you that a game does not need to be M rated to succeed, it simply needs to be fun. At the end of the day the purpose of a game is to have fun. There are many games with M ratings that I enjoy playing. There are many games with E and T ratings that I enjoy playing. There are many M, E, and T games that I have found to be complete and total crap. No matter what the rating is, no matter the content that lead to that rating, a label does not make a game fun. Different people have fun in different ways, and blanketing an entire culture of gamers just because they happen to like something that you don't is a dick move.

In my opinion the only excellent M rated games Nintendo ever put out was Resident Evil 4 and Eternal Darkness....and I think that is quite the dilemma here for Nintendo.
^this?

I did not mean what you said . I like all games too,,,I own a Pandora. I do not condemn others for not liking what I might like. For pete's sake I play bubble bobble and love it.

I think Nintendo needs a harder image = M rated...that is all.

Then a few got bent out of shape. :unsure:  and you call me a dick.

Last edited:
No matter how many "M" rated titles are ever released on a "N" system, they will more often than not, sell poorly. An "M" rated game for them, is like an "R" rating for Disney at the movies. It's just not something associated with the brand on a normal basis. Some of the best games ever to grace a "N" console have been "M" rated. 3rd parties always have problems in this area, as by having the "M" rating, they are already dealing with a limited market, and then when that's combined with Nintendo and their image, it means doom at retail(most of the time, but not always).

I've enjoyed many great "M" rated games over the years, but they are no different than an "E" rated game(garbage is garbage) :p  Honestly, I've been a "N" fan for over about 30 years, and currently I'm growing tired of some of their franchises, no question about it. I also understand that those games are a companies bread and butter. Without MK, Zelda, Pokemon, Etc, each new system would have even worse sales. 

As much as I'm tired of the 2D mario games(NSMB and such), the 3D ones are the best games ever made(at least IMO). Galaxy 1, 2, and 3D land are really GRAND games and show why "N" is still able to do what they do. Sadly, these shining moments for me are far and in-between at this point, but when they hit the mark, no one does it better. I'm looking forward to a new Zelda on HD hardware, but that is years away at best. If they keep on this same course, it may be one of the last and only great WiiU games to grace the console.

Chris

In my opinion the only excellent M rated games Nintendo ever put out was Resident Evil 4 and Eternal Darkness....and I think that is quite the dilemma here for Nintendo.
^this?

I did not mean what you said . I like all games too,,,I own a Pandora. I do not condemn others for not liking what I might like. For pete's sake I play bubble bobble and love it.

I think Nintendo needs a harder image = M rated...that is all.

Then a few got bent out of shape. :unsure:  and you call me a dick.
^@WizardStan..read this.

@Jumpman...I agree.

Last edited:
^@WizardStan..read this.

@Jumpman...I agree.
What you said and what you think you said are not the same thing. Even what you think you said is still wrong and insulting. You're still acting as if the M rated label automatically makes things better. It doesn't, and I find it insulting that you think it does.

^@WizardStan..read this.

@Jumpman...I agree.
What you said and what you think you said are not the same thing. Even what you think you said is still wrong and insulting. You're still acting as if the M rated label automatically makes things better. It doesn't, and I find it insulting that you think it does.
Well I am sorry if I insulted you since you are the only one who has taken this so personally.

However calling me a 'dick' was uncalled for and disrespectful. I have shown you nothing but respect in these forums.

Can you accept the fact that perhaps what I mean't and what was interpreted might be my error in grammar?? Because..and I  am telling you again.. I did not mean what you claim I mean.

Last edited:
Can you accept the fact that perhaps what I mean't and what was interpreted might be my error in grammar?? Because..and I  am telling you again.. I did not mean what you claim I mean.
I know exactly what you meant. I told you, what you said and what you meant are not the same thing. But it doesn't matter, even what you meant is still provably wrong. You are implying that M rated games are strictly better than non, that Nintendo NEEDS to drop their Mario titles in exchange for M rated games just in order to survive. It is a dick move to disregard an entire genre as unworthy of existence and that is precisely what you did, and what you are continuing to do. Calling you a dick was entirely called for because that's what you are being. QED.

I know exactly what you meant. I told you, what you said and what you meant are not the same thing. But it doesn't matter, even what you meant is still provably wrong. You are implying that M rated games are strictly better than non, that Nintendo NEEDS to drop their Mario titles in exchange for M rated games just in order to survive. It is a dick move to disregard an entire genre as unworthy of existence and that is precisely what you did, and what you are continuing to do. Calling you a dick was entirely called for because that's what you are being. QED.
Ok,,ok so I am a dick because you disagree with me...well then you sir are an ass head!!

You are so because I have never seen someone get so lathered up about such an trivial unimportant topic . This to me is a character flaw on your behalf. By the way I tired to apologize to you about this miscommunication . You refused to accept it and continue to call me your favorite phallic body part ...I suppose.

I admitted it was a error on my part and I thought was misunderstood but being the bullheaded ass head you are you cannot see past your own buttocks.

Please just go away like the manure you emulate and flush down the commode.

Cheers to that!!

I think of you now as an hyper opinionated  fanboy ass head  ;)

Last edited:
well this thread has been officially derailed. To bring it back on topic, YES the Wii U has poor game sales. Many people speculate reasons, but the reality is the combination of all of the stated reasons, collectively, is the reason the game sales are poor. There are things that set the WiiU apart, but settijg yourself apart isnt always a good thing. Yes, the Nexus Q and PowerMac G4 Cube were "different" but that doesnt mean people liked them.

So, is there anything else that needs to be said?

Back