Wifi is not working... hardware or software issue? (video inside)

Chris thanks for your opinion... I want to stablish i am NOT UPSET with OP team. Ok? I manage directly or indirectly lot of game forums, groups, etc and you NEVER will find a review from me AGAINST Pandora. I did 2 videos, showing how good is the unit dealing with systems like PSX and SEGA 32X, etc. I promoted the project in any latino forum i was able to do . My only disappointment is my customer experience on what i get... i get a defective unit and a case i paid never come. i keep this PRIVATE, never make it public.

@Scaramouche: You need to follow the normal RMA process just like everyone else. There is always a possibility of having a broken device, even if the percentage is small. What you did makes no sense. You should not file a dispute with PayPal unless you have exhausted working with the company through normal means. Your claims about OPT being trustworthy also make no sense. You paid and they sent you a unit. You don't trust them to send you another replacement unit after you RMA your broken one?

By the way, I have heard of programs where the company will send you a temporary unit while they fix your broken one. For instance, Nintendo would send you a temporary Wii while you send your broken one in for repair (this is in the US). However, they also charge your credit card for the cost of the temporary Wii until you send it back. Comparing situations, I don't think you would be willing to pay for a 2nd Pandora if OPT were willing to send you a 2nd Pandora before you shipped your 1st unit back.

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion: delete these messages , we can communicate private. This is a private issue and make it public affect Pandora project not me. Affect what latin potential buyers may think about what they get. Believe me, i am telling you this as a friend not as an enemy.

I'm from brasil and I'm proud to be a pandora owner for almost 10 months. Unfortunately i've got a bad lcd cable. Emailed OP and Jacquelyn kindly sent me RMA form. I'm sending it back and will wait patiently. Just like everyone.

What you did, in fact, ashamed me as a latin native buyer.

Ok Alerino,

What you suggested? Come on i will listen to you as a latino. May be people here in Uruguay used to be SO defensive. Understand we are a very small country , rounded by big countries as yours, may be this is the reason :)

May be i am very DEFENSIVE but i am not a thief... paypal don´t send me the money back. Ok? So i am not acting fraudulent to get a "free Pandora".

Honestly i want to find a solution to all this that is turning bad, and not for you and the fans... people who enter searching about the Pandora read you got your unit defective and need to wait...then read same case with me... even trying to help, we are giving bad reputation to the project. I don´t want this at all.

I don´t want a refund: i want a working unit. That´s all. I like the Pandora. And i don´t want it for free. At this moment i don´t know how to deal with this.. i feel bad, i see people i admire and consider cool are mad against me.

Ok... 500 USD are the problem? I will close the dispute and will F.myself with my non-WIFI special edition Pandora if anybody feel better, i will even will donate to the project for all the good software i downloaded, everybody happy? . wait a moment i will update about this, entering Paypal.......................next post in minutes.

PAYPAL RECLAMATION CANCELLED:

Code:
Centro de resoluciones

Su reclamación se canceló, y el comerciante ha recibido una notificación. Gracias por utilizar PayPal.(Spanish)

DONATION TO OPEN PANDORA (not big at all but to show my support for great titles as Numpty Phisycs)

Code:
Mauro, your donation is now complete

Confirmation number: 9A43537081976341M. An email with your donation details has been sent to mgonzalez@ and you can print your donation receipt.

DONATIONS COORDINATOR CONTACT INFORMATION

donation@openpandora.org

Everybody happy? I am not. I can´t use my Pandora the way it should be used. I have a HALF PANDORA. I paid for a FULL PANDORA.

But i will keep that for me: never will listen any word from me against Pandora, not here , not there , not at any place.

Some people may be know i was even banned from some Spaniards forums about supporting this project because i used to and still think it is a great idea.

Craig, Jacquelyn, EvilDragon: aplogies for any inconvenience.

God bless you all.

People aren't mad at you, we're just trying to get a point across to you. The process for a defective unit is mailing it back through RMA (Return merchandise authorization) just like many before and after you have and will.

You are not entitled to special treatment, this is the process, you can deal without it for a few weeks. The world will keep spinning.

dinkin flicka

Excuse my english.

I don't know if you buy IT object, like computer, gamestation etc...

But, I never know brand send you new item, and, wait for the damage one to do RMA

RMA is repear OR change you product, if your product is fixable, company have to fix it. If is'nt, they change it.

But why, a company send you new item ?

You are juste a customer like everyone, and, OP have process to handle RMA, i think, OPT are cool men, but, i was computer store owner, and i work in computer store, and brand (sony, asus, intel, and other, never do that way) you do the RMA, on website, form, mail, phone, you send item, and, you are refund-replace-repair

You are customer, and if you don't trust company, don't be customer.

I tell that without bad intention, i don't want to be rude or "not nice", it's just my mind.

I understand OP position, and OP concern about money and paypal, OP is legal company, you are "just a dude" (i'm not sure for dude, i mean men, guy, poeple) like everybody else in this board, and every customers to OP

It's just kind of support message to OPT but, not against Scaramouche (and when I read scaramouche, i think about waine's world and queen song and love it ^^)

Well, I have to say I have seen a lot - but I've never seen someone asking for a replacement unit while keeping the old one for a while AND opening a dispute with PayPal.

If you claim a dispute with PayPal, you have to send the item back at the same time, otherwise Craig got no money for an almost completely working unit (except for WiFi).

THEN asking to send another unit after you held back the money AND don't want to ship the broken one back is asking pretty much, if you ask me.

PayPal usually siding with the buyer is actually an issue as well.

I know I had one guy who ordered a GP2X, paid with PayPal and once he received it, he claimed the box was empty and got his money back.

Pretty cool, huh?

The same could happen here, who knows? You're a guy from the internet, nobody knows you. You could be a scammer (I don't believe that, but I can't prove it, as I don't know you) as every new guy around here as well.

Hard to tell without knowing each other, right?

Now, Craig and the OpenPandora team is pretty well known here, so almost everyone knows we're no scammers.

My reputation and honor is more important for me than any other factor. At the moment you think this, i cancelled the dispute as you can see EvilDragon. So case closed, don´t worry. For saying you are not scammers i was banned from several Spaniards forums... so i pretty know you are not scammers. I only say the first shipping was frustratingly wrong . But nevermind. I will keep as i said my Pandora "as is" and try to forget originally has WIFI features.

Regards

Well, I have to say I have seen a lot - but I've never seen someone asking for a replacement unit while keeping the old one for a while AND opening a dispute with PayPal.

If you claim a dispute with PayPal, you have to send the item back at the same time, otherwise Craig got no money for an almost completely working unit (except for WiFi).

THEN asking to send another unit after you held back the money AND don't want to ship the broken one back is asking pretty much, if you ask me.

PayPal usually siding with the buyer is actually an issue as well.

I know I had one guy who ordered a GP2X, paid with PayPal and once he received it, he claimed the box was empty and got his money back.

Pretty cool, huh?

The same could happen here, who knows? You're a guy from the internet, nobody knows you. You could be a scammer (I don't believe that, but I can't prove it, as I don't know you) as every new guy around here as well.

Hard to tell without knowing each other, right?

Now, Craig and the OpenPandora team is pretty well known here, so almost everyone knows we're no scammers.

My reputation and honor is more important for me than any other factor. At the moment you think this, i cancelled the dispute as you can see EvilDragon. So case closed, don´t worry. For saying you are not scammers i was banned from several Spaniards forums... so i pretty know you are not scammers. I only say the first shipping was frustratingly wrong . But nevermind. I will keep as i said my Pandora "as is" and try to forget originally has WIFI features.

Regards

..or stop the pity party and mail it back to have it repaired/replaced.

Had to RMA a unit myself twice. Great customer service all around.

I think anyone looking to have another Pandora sent to them before returning the defective unit has no business sense. The Pandora is $500. To go to PayPal over a $25 softcase is absurd. Going to Paypal because the Wi-Fi is defective is even more absurd, they are a bank, they don't repair Pandoras.

You come here and ask for help, you get it. But you still think all of this should be private? You have a $500 Pandora, the $500 you paid to Open Pandora is no longer theirs because of your "rights", your attitude, and your total lack of understanding of how an online business operates. I don't care how many forums you take part in, or what your native tongue is. If you have been following the progress of the Pandora, the boards that sat for a year did have some issues with components so your board may have been one that appeared to be in good working order but failed with use.

Who goes around sending a $500 mini computer to whoever asks for it? What business succeeds at doing this? Apple sent out hundreds or maybe thousands of Iphone 4s with faulty components. I wonder how many times PayPal was called to the rescue in that situation? Or how many people walked into the Apple store, asked for a refund for the phone that didn't rightfully work. When the representative at the Apple store asks for your Iphone 4, you simply say, "I left it at home, you didn't fulfill my rights as a customer, so please give me another Iphone 4."

Here is what you do. Get yourself some great packaging, some bubble wrap, cardboard, tape, and go to your post office. Send your Pandora back to the UK and insure the package for $500 US, be sure to complete your customs form accurately. Wait for your refund.

@Jumpman

Paypal has a reputation of siding with the buyer in disputes, for right and wrong... I guess it's easier for them to move funds then deal with the actual dispute.
Yeah, PAYPAL SUCKS! Buyers are GODS in their eyes.

Boy, I could tell some stories :p

But the reality is in this situation is that unless OP had decided to completely ignore his request, Paypal shold never have been contacted. If your unit is defective, and OP tells you to mail it back, that is what you do. Contacting Paypal outside of the normal channels to get what you want is "EXTORTION", plain and simple!

I had a broken nub last year, and I returned my unit when I was told to, and it took about a month+ to have it returned. Was I happy about it? Of course not, but some customers where on there 3rd and 4th returns. So how was I going to make a stink over 1 broke unit and having to be without for 4-8 weeks.

Now I personally sell hundreds of items on Ebay in a good month, and unless I have had business with someone in the past, I would never send a replacement until I get the original item back first, PERIOD! Now I have several regular customers, and if one of them told me something was broke, I would send a replacement, pay for them to ship the item back, or just refund their money, and tell them to keep it, and sorry for any troubles. I have done all of these things in certain situations.

I also have a "Blocked Bidders" list on Ebay that grows monthly with customers like this. Guys/Gals who don't read my return policies,shipping cost, and everything inbetween and decide they should have special treatment for whatever the reason. Ultimatlely I end up refunding, or loosing money due to that customers bad business etiquette. So when I am done, I just figure it is the cost of doing business, and I add that customer to my blocked bidders list. Now I will never sell to that customer again. So at the end of the day, I will only deal with someones stupidity ONCE!

Chris

Men: i closed the PAYPAL case MYSELF ok? PANDORA LLC has the money back. And if you read AALLLL my posts you will never find a word against the Pandora, the Pandora´s team or any member.

I was MY CHOICE .. why? Because i see people i appreciate ofended. Nothing less nothing more. May be some people can´t understand this.

You don´t read posts?

I was just using a function available on a service. As long i see some people offended and taking so personal , i decided to CANCEL IT. What kind of extortion you are talking about? You don´t have idea what a extortion is.. as on O.R.M. consultant (Online Reputation Management is a an area inside the S.E.O.) i can tell you some stories too about what O.R.M. is and what extortion is and how much expensive may be for a company or a person.

Had to RMA a unit myself twice. Great customer service all around.

i will only add positive to this thread.

i ordered a pandora on day one and waited, not always patiently i might add. when some one nubbers went up on ebay i bought one at a higher price than my day one order which still hadnt arrived. i since swapped my day one order for a batch 2 one as i was happy to give up my place as i had a fantastic device. i wasnt so interested in n64/psx emulation so much.

my one nubber recently developed a purple tint, so i emailed the office, got an RMA form, packed it off and sent it back. it took a few more days to come back as expected, but what i got back is a fantasticly built pandora, which i do not know if this was a mistake or not but was has a lovely set of swivelling nubs.

i use it every day and all i need is to be able to tether to my iphone and it will be the computer i dreamed of when i first saw Prestel on BBC micro with a proper coupling modem via the handset.

I have no doubt that my little pandora(1) will be stripped down and bits re-used to help bring other pandoras into life and you know what?

I'm happy about that, im happy that the organs of my little pandora that i enjoyed for such a happy but relatively short life will be elsewhere giving joy to others and im happy that the kind of people who do that are the ones working on this project.

I hope Mr Angry understands that sometimes things go wrong and we all come away from this being happy with both the device and the customer service we have all, on the whole received in this venture.

[edit] i hasten to add i did make it clear upon returning the one nubber that that was what it was, that this was the case

He was like a baby that did not want to give up his torn blanket.

whaaaa whaaaa whine. :angry: :lol:

Please do not use the' latino card' to ever make a point.

I live in south florida and this is not necessary.

peace,love,dove!!

Last edited:

Regards

But imagine what is frustration do not have one ;)

I think OPT do like always do the fastest possible and the must, don't worry !

I reflow lot of thing, and if your poeple do the reflow, i'll interesting know the material, and why not do video ?

edit for the latino mention : i'm (french)catalan, I live just border of spain ^^

Men: i closed the PAYPAL case MYSELF ok? PANDORA LLC has the money back. And if you read AALLLL my posts you will never find a word against the Pandora, the Pandora´s team or any member.

I was MY CHOICE .. why? Because i see people i appreciate ofended. Nothing less nothing more. May be some people can´t understand this.

You don´t read posts?

I was just using a function available on a service. As long i see some people offended and taking so personal , i decided to CANCEL IT. What kind of extortion you are talking about? You don´t have idea what a extortion is.. as on O.R.M. consultant (Online Reputation Management is a an area inside the S.E.O.) i can tell you some stories too about what O.R.M. is and what extortion is and how much expensive may be for a company or a person.
I was extorted, blackmailed, and coerced by a landlord, was perhaps the worst two months of my life mentally. I'm glad you did the right thing by ending the dispute. Many of us received Pandora's that worked great for months and then something goes wrong. Many of us who have had Pandoras since the beginning are in this situation. You are not alone. If you can take a break from your Pandora for a month or two, send it back to get the WiFi fixed. Your warranty should be valid even though you stepped on some toes regarding PayPal. I think the team has every intention to give you what you paid for regarding the Pandora.

Regards

I reflow lot of thing, and if your poeple do the reflow, i'll interesting know the material, and why not do video ?

Yes ,that was one of my ideas.I asked for some kind of instructions on why to reflow the wi-fi module. Is not my area of expertise but i can ask some engineer to do the job and make the video.

Hakmanplayer: your mom used to told me the same phrase you used.. can you believe it? :D Send her my regards please but not in from of your dad please. btw: i never used the "latino card", i am half German and half Spaniard, i only said URUGUAYANS (most of us etnically europeans) used to be very defensive. You can´t avoid to be what you are.

Moschops: nice reflexion i will consider this.

Link: it is a nice tip. But i don´t want a refund. i like the Pandora.

Delicator: yes, you right. Please understand i trust on OP team´s morale, my concern is next unit i get have a working WIFI but a defective NUB or other problem that affect me more. I prefer a non-WIFI model than any other defect. Of course to have a full working unit will be the best, but if any unit will have one defect or other, i prefer this. Got my point?

Apologies for derailing the post with a possible fix, I'll be quick ;)

I got this thing on Debian and it was a pain in the arse to try and fix.

First, ensure the following files exist:

/lib/udev/rules.d/50-compat_firmware.rules

/lib/udev/rules.d/compat_firmware.sh

/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

If the following file exists, delete it:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

(IE: sudo rm -f /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules .. this will be recreated so don't worry. )

Now, assuming the rest of the files exist, you can try this:

sudo chmod +x /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

Now restart.

If that works, it was a permissions problem, and reflashing the device completely would have likely fixed it - and I highly recommend it incase there's some other hidden gotchas lurking in there.

If it doesn't, try a full reflash anyway... can't hurt.

If it still doesn't work after all that, you're probably going to have to RMA it.

Delicator: yes, you right. Please understand i trust on OP team´s morale, my concern is next unit i get have a working WIFI but a defective NUB or other problem that affect me more. I prefer a non-WIFI model than any other defect. Of course to have a full working unit will be the best, but if any unit will have one defect or other, i prefer this. Got my point?

Yes, 100%, but, if OPT repair your wifi or not, this is not affecting the futur of your nubs or other hardware, murphy's law is my first principe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law

I your place, I probably try to do myself, just for doing this quickly... we are just humans, and, i agree, pandora is not mandatory to live, but it help :D (I think, life is better with)

Regards

Yes ,that was one of my ideas.I asked for some kind of instructions on why to reflow the wi-fi module. Is not my area of expertise but i can ask some engineer to do the job and make the video.

Hakmanplayer: your mom used to told me the same phrase you used.. can you believe it? :D Send her my regards please but not in from of your dad please. btw: i never used the "latino card", i am half German and half Spaniard, i only said URUGUAYANS (most of us etnically europeans) used to be very defensive. You can´t avoid to be what you are.

Regards

Regards

Regards

Bringing my ill Mother and deceased Father into this is not right at all!!

Last edited:

Everybody have our own problems. This is the problem with internet... may be i have GOOD reasons i don´t want to send the Pändora back that nobody knows and are not related with OP team, or you. May be i joke about your dog and is dying , may be you joke about i am a kid crying for get a Pandora unit before send this but may be i have a terminal disease and don´t want to be without one because i am living my last weeks, or may be some of us are Nintendo employees spying what Pandora do... Who knows?? You know that? I know that? :)

So respect , and get respect.

I work in the internet, i love internet because give me money.But I hate internet because you make REAL enemies and FAKE friends all the time. Anyway, i will repeat again... I CLOSED THE CASE MYSELF AND SEND MY APOLOGIES. I don´t want to cause any disturb to project i have not idea Paypal will keep the money out from the guys. Once i know that i CLOSE case. I am a little insane sometimes? May be.. but i am not a bad person.

I am more interested now on the fix i recently read about reflashing.. i will try this.

Everybody have our own problems. This is the problem with internet... may be i have GOOD reasons i don´t want to send the Pändora back that nobody knows and are not related with OP team, or you. May be i joke about your dog and is dying , may be you joke about i am a kid crying for get a Pandora unit before send this but may be i have a terminal disease and don´t want to be without one because i am living my last weeks, or may be some of us are Nintendo employees spying what Pandora do... Who knows?? You know that? I know that? :)

So respect , and get respect.

I work in the internet, i love internet because give me money.But I hate internet because you make REAL enemies and FAKE friends all the time. Anyway, i will repeat again... I CLOSED THE CASE MYSELF AND SEND MY APOLOGIES. I don´t want to cause any disturb to project i have not idea Paypal will keep the money out from the guys. Once i know that i CLOSE case. I am a little insane sometimes? May be.. but i am not a bad person.

I am more interested now on the fix i recently read about reflashing.. i will try this.

Who are they ??! nintendo guy's ?

Please, would everybody please calm down?

Yes, Scaramouche handled the issue like most of you would not do.

However, he didn't have bad intentions. Maybe he had some bad experiences somewhere?

I agree the best in his case would've been to try to work something out together with Jacquelyne, instead of filing a dispute.

But we're all living in different areas and we all have had difference experiences in our lives.

He didn't do it to steal something, he might've had his reason, but it seems this is now resolved.

Back