Scared that my Wifi is not working

I just got my Wifi to connect for the first time, i got it to connect to an ad-hoc connection i established on my Laptop. However it does not appear that they can see each other, when i try to ping the pandora (192.168.1.6) from my laptops windows terminal (192.168.1.5) I get "Destination host unreachable".

Edit: This is by using a WPA2-Personal AES encrypted wifi setup

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Wifi to connect for the first time, i got it to connect to an ad-hoc connection i established on my Laptop. However it does not appear that they can see each other, when i try to ping the pandora (192.168.1.6) from my laptops windows terminal (192.168.1.5) I get "Destination host unreachable".

Edit: This is by using a WPA2-Personal AES encrypted wifi setup

I just got a breif connection with my router, but it imidiately threw me off again... there has been some progress since i started this, but not much, any help / support on this would be appreciated.

The dmesg file right after the brief connection:

Dmesg

Try setting it to B mode then? A slow connection is better than no connection? At least for testing purposes.

I can only set it to either g only, or b and g :/

My config window on my router is shown on page one, perhaps that will shed a light on things..

EDIT:

Try changing the channel on router?

Do i need to change anything on the pandora to correspond to the change of channel?

Im configuration im currently using is as follows:

- SSID thisisrouter

- WPA2 Personal with b&g enabled (WPA2-PSK [AES])

- Channel is set to Auto

- Region is set to europe

The pandora is set to:

SSID: "thisisrouter"

Mode: Infrastructure

BSSID: Blank

MAC adress: Blank

MTU: Automatic

Security: WPA & WPA2 Personal

IPv4 Method: Manual (have tried automatic dhcp with no luck)

Adress: 192.168.1.6 Netmask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers: 8.8.8.8

Search Domains: Blank

DHCP client ID: Blank (and greyed out)

Routes: Blank

Nothing to change on pandora, Sometimes the channel the router picks it thinks is fine but gets interference try a few if no dice change back to auto

No dice, unfortunately, tried a coupple of diffrent channels

I just managed to get a unstable connection to my router for a few minutes, i managed to ping another PC on my network, and i managed to ping 8.8.8.8.

Yet i got thrown off the network a couple of times, whereafter it reconnected rather fast, yet now (without making any changes to either pandora settings or router settings) it seems that im having the same problems connecting again...

If anyone has any insight into what the heck is going on inside this machines head... then please tell me :blink:

I've been working on a theory that the antenna is not as solid in some as it is in others. Only thing I could possibly think of right now, if you're feeling especially bold, is to open the case and see if the wire is still connected. A bit of a risk doing so, though: you never know if you might accidentally break something, so only do it if your confident in the steadiness of your hand.

Hmm, my big fat fingers would probably (definately) ruin something in there, and i'd rather not risk it tbh :/

I've been working on a theory that the antenna is not as solid in some as it is in others. Only thing I could possibly think of right now, if you're feeling especially bold, is to open the case and see if the wire is still connected. A bit of a risk doing so, though: you never know if you might accidentally break something, so only do it if your confident in the steadiness of your hand.
Actually, the easiest way to test the antenna is to open the base and use an ohmmeter to make sure the resistance between the center pin and shield is zero ohms on the cable. When it is plugged into the mainboard, you can test the same thing between ground and the capacitor in series with the cable and the module.

The antenna PCB itself is pretty basic with no thin traces or tiny vias to break so the odds of the boards being bad is low. Although, if Circuitco messed up and a part didn't get placed on the antenna board, that would cause an open circuit which could be tested as described above.

I heard that channel 11 is fast. You could try it. But probably it is unrelated to the "can't connect" problem...

EDIT: and you chould try connecting to another router.

I heard that channel 11 is fast. You could try it. But probably it is unrelated to the "can't connect" problem...

EDIT: and you chould try connecting to another router.

Ive so far tried, several routers, both open networks in town, and other models, including every possible setting on my own. Ive contacted ED, and he belives its a bad chip. And tbh it does not sound so far fetched to me. So unfortunately i may have to RMA it.

Back