Squares in 3D games. Video problems.

The 4.03.00.02 works fine for Gigahertz yes. It's my "default" driver, only switching to 4.10 on rare occasions.

The 4.03.00.02 works fine for Gigahertz yes. It's my "default" driver, only switching to 4.10 on rare occasions.
4.03.00.02 should be included by default for all 1Ghz firmwares. It could be simple as running a script at the end of the flashing, detecting the hardware being used, and installing that driver instead of the default one in the end.  

4.03.00.02 should be included by default for all 1Ghz firmwares. It could be simple as running a script at the end of the flashing, detecting the hardware being used, and installing that driver instead of the default one in the end.
I bet notaz is just waiting for your patch then...

From what I remember 4.03.00.02 doesn't work with SDL2, was that fixed?

Also it's rather complicated to do in OE, it doesn't allow to build 2 versions of the same package and ship both (or I just don't know how to do it).

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I remember 4.03.00.02 doesn't work with SDL2, was that fixed?
Yes, 4.03.00.02 works with SDL2. I don't have any issues with 4.03.00.02 on everything I test (only, with some GPU intensive games/emu, 4.10 is better).

OpenEmbedded, the build system that builds Ångström.
How about you include a script in the build that will only run once during the first boot post-flash, which would check the hardware and replace (or not) the SGX driver if needed? Then once that script is executed it does not run anymore.

How about you include a script in the build that will only run once during the first boot post-flash, which would check the hardware and replace (or not) the SGX driver if needed? Then once that script is executed it does not run anymore.
Easier said than done :p

Easier said than done :p
Maybe that's just my amateurish mind talking here but I don't really see the difficulty of doing that - you have all the piece of the puzzle :

- including custom scripts for the Pandora -> already happening at first boot

- hardware detection once the image is installed - we already know how to do that

- running an install script for the driver -> notaz already did that

- running it only once -> write a text file in the / to indicate if the script was executed or not, and you are done

Yeah but it has to be packaged in OE, otherwise those scripts would have to be put into rootfs manually every time new firmware is released. If somebody could provide testing I could try packaging something up, I don't want to reflash my GHz as it now has my dev setup on NAND (I usually use my CC to test full firmware flashes).

If somebody could provide testing I could try packaging something up, I don't want to reflash my GHz as it now has my dev setup on NAND (I usually use my CC to test full firmware flashes).
I can provide testing. I'd like to reflash my 1Ghz, so happy to help there when you have something to test.

There are still some PNDs that don't work on anything I've found other than the stock SGX driver (4.00.00.01), but I forget what they are, and almost all software released these days works fine with 4.00.03, so I can't remember the last time I had to switch back (except to test a glitch in Valrya Tear the other day). Perhaps it is time for the 1Ghz default to be 4.00.03.

I wonder if the SGX driver libs could be replaced by soft links to another location, such that we could have multiple driver versions installed at the same time, and switch them by rewriting the links, rather than running a PND. Although, having written that down I'm not sure what that would gain us, other than rewriting less of the NAND each time we switch.

If somebody could provide testing I could try packaging something up, I don't want to reflash my GHz as it now has my dev setup on NAND (I usually use my CC to test full firmware flashes).
I can provide testing. I'd like to reflash my 1Ghz, so happy to help there when you have something to test.
It's here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/8701-pidgin-2109/?p=359295/URL]

What needs to be tested:

- if installing update from the test feeds gives you the right driver and it's working

- if reflashing the test image gives you the right driver and it's working

Back