Open pandora touch screen calibration issue

Panzer

Still Fresh
Hello all

I recently got my Re-Birth edition open Pandora, after over 2 years of waiting, and you could imagine my anticipation. However, upon first starting it, I realized the calibration was about 5mm off to the left on the top right hand corner of the screen and about 3mm to the right on the top left hand corner of the screen. I've tried to re-calibrate the touch screen, and can update the calibration, its just seriously not inline with the touch input. 

I've uploaded a video on

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JT7fm2aZ4K0?feature=oembed See around the 25 second mark.

In order to fix it, I've already updated it to the latest Super Zaxxon firmware to no avail. I'm not sure if it's an hardware or software issue now.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have a look at the bezel? Is there dirt between it and the screen? Are all the clips that hold it snapped in correctly?

Apart from a few minor blemishes on the outside case, it's seems flawless. If I open it (assuming a service manual is available) will be void warranty?

Is there anything else to do? Or should I return it to ed for repairs?

Last edited by a moderator:
 If I open it (assuming a service manual is available) will be void warranty?
Technically, yes.

Having said this, the people in the repair centre are generous people with a good amount of authority.

If the problem is a manufacturing flaw, it will probably be repaired free.

(taking your pandora apart without damaging it is unlikely to make a difference - same goes for pandoras more than a year old)

Having said that, I am not an authority on these things - Link, ED, Askarus (maybe a few others) can give a definitive answer.

Back