why not sue CC ?

Surely CC will keep an eye on the official OpenPandora boards and scrape any info together that is publicly available. This is also the reason why OpenPandora will not speak about it in public too much, because it can seriously hurt them if CC knows too much beforehand. It was probably best if nobody ever mentioned any lawsuit.

generally this is the lawyers you have to pay that are expensive. In that case there is no need of them, since it is so easy to win^^
We've only heard OPT's side of the story. Are you certain that OPT doesn't share some of the fault either? There's that cliche: "There are three sides to a story. There's your side, there's my side, and then there's the truth."

Could you provide a plausible scenario for the CC side of the story that puts the blame on OPT? I can't imagine any...

Could you provide a plausible scenario for the CC side of the story that puts the blame on OPT? I can't imagine any...
They( circuit co ) could just be idiototic and say that since they had no written contract they had no real idea of what they were supposed to be doing . But any judge that's not half as evil as a terrorist knows that arguement is bull .

CC was set to start populating things, but then the nub fiasco happened. CC said they could populate the boards, minus nubs, and just wait to finish them. This course of action has a downside of requiring twice as much storage space as the bare boards, which OPT decided they couldn't afford. When the nubs finally arrived, CC told OPT that the boards are all corroded and they needed new ones. Not wanting to waste any more time or money OPT told CC to try scrubbing them clean, which took a long time and frequently failed, resulting in a mere trickle of devices. Eventually OPT cuts their losses, realizes they've burned some bridges over at CC, and orders up new parts from a new company, lying about previous communications to make it seem like they're entirely in the right.

i presume CC pay their insurance for this kind of situation. so they have to cover the compensation.

Do you understand what "There is no contract" means?

lol, i answered you about that when i talked about the vandalism example there is no contract between you and the vandal.

ok this is not the same situation but it is just to tell you that it is possible to sue someone even if "there is no contract"

Please, go and talk to a lawyer.

i presume CC pay their insurance for this kind of situation. so they have to cover the compensation.

Do you understand what "There is no contract" means?

lol, i answered you about that when i talked about the vandalism example there is no contract between you and the vandal.

ok this is not the same situation but it is just to tell you that it is possible to sue someone even if "there is no contract"

Please, go and talk to a lawyer.

Don't be too harsh, he's probably going through the same phase we all did when we first found out that the legal system was in a no way a system for finding out who was "right" or "wrong".

I think my parents once mentioned that for certain civil disputes in France the parties actually share a common lawyer. The idea being, IIRC, that you represent your case, the other party represents there's, and the lawyer is there to advise everyone on the law/precedents and make sure the paper work is correct. Seems like a nice way of doing it, to me (if I haven't horrible misunderstood it).

It would be just fair to get the lost money back from the Companies that caused all the mess instead of the Pandora Customers. And some kind of contract sureley exists. You don't make any business over that much money without contract or legal safety. Ohterwise no company would exist on this Planet...at least not for long.

So or so, there are tons of reasons, evidences and stuff to successfuly sue CC and maybe the Chinese Case Company too. I mean, Companies were successfuly sued or much much lesser things (like rounded edges or whatever... XD )

Compared to this, The Pandora situation is more than clear. They failed completeley and causes a Ton of lost money for OP-Team. It's just logical to get the lost money back from the Company. Incapability has to be punished!

CC was set to start populating things, but then the nub fiasco happened. CC said they could populate the boards, minus nubs, and just wait to finish them. This course of action has a downside of requiring twice as much storage space as the bare boards, which OPT decided they couldn't afford. When the nubs finally arrived, CC told OPT that the boards are all corroded and they needed new ones. Not wanting to waste any more time or money OPT told CC to try scrubbing them clean, which took a long time and frequently failed, resulting in a mere trickle of devices. Eventually OPT cuts their losses, realizes they've burned some bridges over at CC, and orders up new parts from a new company, lying about previous communications to make it seem like they're entirely in the right.

Who's side are you on ? Don't froget that they occasionally lied to OPT . Although to be fair there is a large ocean ( 2nd largest on Earth in Fact ) separating the 2 groups . So some miscommunication may have happened .

It might be best for all if we just cease further discussion about this issue until we get legit,sound information from OP Team/Craigx himself. And even then still, they cannot and should not give us detailed info as to how they are proceeding, lest some form of libel accusations are to follow, which may further hinder the case,if any, brought forward.

Let me put it in basic terms: This website, and these Forums in particular, are open/easily accessible to the public.

...Think about that last sentence in deep thought. I`ll stop here for now.

....Patnik.

2bit, WizardStans post was simply a "plausible scenario" example as a response to _wb_`s curiosity for a CC "defence strategy", for lack of a better terminology.

...Patnik.

Who's side are you on ? Don't froget that they occasionally lied to OPT . Although to be fair there is a large ocean ( 2nd largest on Earth in Fact ) separating the 2 groups . So some miscommunication may have happened .
I'm on the side that answers the question that is asked :p

I'm on the side that answers the question that is asked :p
In which case that is good news . @ Patnik I didn't mean that in a offensive way - I meant that in a Shhh even though I'm about to same thing don't put info the enemy can use in a public place :p . Type of thing , I should have typed : :p to indicate that but alas I forgot .

2bit .

PS that's why I'm only a 2bit computer program .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back