Why All The Discourse?

I'm going to agree with TelcoLou here. I had a very intelligent english teacher in high school who, while not muslim, had traveled the middle east extensively and had read the koran in it's native language. I will always remember one thing that he said. "People, i've read the Koran, and nowhere in it is there anything that says "destroy the United States of America"". "The koran is much like the bible, it can be interpreted in many ways, but unfortunately alot of people these days are intrepreting it in the way that suits their purposes"

@Epicenter: I didn't even say "half". Just what do you do all day, Epicenter? Are you fighting for your country over there in terrorist land? :lol: No, you are stationed in Japan, am I not correct? Epicenter, I really don't understand what the point you are trying to make is. But you don't have to continue this argument anymore.

@Telco: The bible says that you can't cuss, and so does the Koran, but if Christians can cuss, then I can too. ;)

@Azalin: What are you trying to say? I don't support terrorism, but I support the Iraqi insurgency. I don't like how the U.S. military think that they can invade a country and not expect to be fought against...that is extremely illogical. I don't like the fact that the insurgency has to kill to show its point, but words are not as strong as actions. America's army does not realize that they have allowed Irannis to infiltrate the Iraqi government, and refuse to believe that there are extremist Shi'is in the government. This would be a lot worse, but the insurgency has been slowing it down.

'Ash al-Watan, 'Ash al-Jeish, 'Ash al-Rais al-Jimhouriatal-Iraqia(maybe in the future)

Nonono, i was trying to point out that muslims are not bad in general, nad that its a few fanatical sects that are giving them the bad name and using the koran as a tool to attack other nations.

@Epicenter: I didn't even say "half". Just what do you do all day, Epicenter? Are you fighting for your country over there in terrorist land? :lol: No, you are stationed in Japan, am I not correct? Epicenter, I really don't understand what the point you are trying to make is. But you don't have to continue this argument anymore.
I don't think I'm the one who is confused here. You just tried to tell me that I send people out every day to their deaths. You have no concept of what you are even talking about.

And if you were still an Iraqi citizen, and you went over there and were blown up in a random car bombing while shopping (this happens to far more Iraqi citizens who are doing nothing but live their life, not soldiers, not part of the US or Iraqi military) .. I highly doubt you would support the insurgency that got you killed. Most of the fighters in Iraq aren't these patriotic 'freedom fighters' you delusionally painted them as. They're either foreign fighters who came there to fight the US in what they've been told is a holy war against the West, or are acting in sectarian violence, selecting regions of Iraq where the majority of citizens do not share their particular religious views to blow themselves up. They are not 'fighting to take back their country', they are mindlessly slaughtering innocent people because they've been brainwashed into thinking that once they do, they're going to heaven to sit at Allah's side with hordes of virgins. Of all the propaganda to believe, you chose THIS? You seem like just the variety they recruit, too. Young, confused and just looking for a cause to die for. Sadly there's just too many people like that in the world these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'm the one who is confused here. You just tried to tell me that I send people out every day to their deaths. You have no concept of what you are even talking about.
Well, the attitude of people like you encourage others to join the military. Not everyone gets shipped to japan, some wake up in Iraq, fighting someone else's war, and all because they were given the illusion that the army is a great organization to be in. Your views would be different were you in that situation.

- Alex

And if you were still an Iraqi citizen, and you went over there and were blown up in a random car bombing while shopping (this happens to far more Iraqi citizens who are doing nothing but live their life, not soldiers, not part of the US or Iraqi military) .. I highly doubt you would support the insurgency that got you killed. Most of the fighters in Iraq aren't these patriotic 'freedom fighters' you delusionally painted them as. They're either foreign fighters who came there to fight the US in what they've been told is a holy war against the West, or are acting in sectarian violence, selecting regions of Iraq where the majority of citizens do not share their particular religious views to blow themselves up. They are not 'fighting to take back their country', they are mindlessly slaughtering innocent people because they've been brainwashed into thinking that once they do, they're going to heaven to sit at Allah's side with hordes of virgins. Of all the propaganda to believe, you chose THIS? You seem like just the variety they recruit, too. Young, confused and just looking for a cause to die for. Sadly there's just too many people like that in the world these days.
I don't support al-quaeda in Iraq, you moron. They are the ones who cause collateral damage and give the insurgency a bad name. The group I support is largely made up of ex-soldiers and people who want revenge for their family members(I really don't care if there are foreigners there). And nobody should be afraid to die for their country. ;) Coward.

Well, the attitude of people like you encourage others to join the military. Not everyone gets shipped to japan, some wake up in Iraq, fighting someone else's war, and all because they were given the illusion that the army is a great organization to be in. Your views would be different were you in that situation.

- Alex
Thank you so much. :D

- Alex
I could be in Iraq shortly, for all of either of us knows. That's how the military works, you do what the situation dictates. So should I lie and tell everyone I'm in Iraq? Is it wrong to bring your skills to a job that doesn't involve picking up a gun and shooting people? Hell no. There are more roles in the military than being on the front lines.

Most people do not join the military (there are more branches than just the Army, you should educate yourself on how the US military works before you continue this discussion) because someone told them it was a giant party. You get paid shitty wages and can end up going to the asshole of the world, doing work you don't want to do. It has its benefits but you are not getting some free ride to Hawaii to party with topless girls. Anyone who believes every word their recruiter tells them is an idiot-- you know what you're getting into if you join the military so don't give me that BS about how the military is a group of victims fighting 'someone else's war'.

I don't support al-quaeda in Iraq, you moron. They are the ones who cause collateral damage and give the insurgency a bad name. The group I support is largely made up of ex-soldiers and people who want revenge for their family members(I really don't care if there are foreigners there). And nobody should be afraid to die for their country. wink.gif Coward.
First off, how am I a coward, exactly? ... Second, I don't hear much about heroic Iraqis fighting for 'revenge'. I see people blowing themselves up in crowded markets and along streets, killing lots of innocent people. That doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a murderer and a monster. There is no honor in that. And if you think these people are fighting without hurting and killing innocent Iraqis, you're full of shit. What are they taking 'revenge' for, collateral damage from US attacks in removing Saddam's forces? Well, if they're killing their own people, how are they doing any better?

I don't support al-quaeda in Iraq, you moron. They are the ones who cause collateral damage and give the insurgency a bad name. The group I support is largely made up of ex-soldiers and people who want revenge for their family members(I really don't care if there are foreigners there). And nobody should be afraid to die for their country. wink.gif Coward.
First off, how am I a coward, exactly? ... Second, I don't hear much about heroic Iraqis fighting for 'revenge'. I see people blowing themselves up in crowded markets and along streets, killing lots of innocent people. That doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a murderer and a monster. There is no honor in that. And if you think these people are fighting without hurting and killing innocent Iraqis, you're full of shit. What are they taking 'revenge' for, collateral damage from US attacks in removing Saddam's forces? Well, if they're killing their own people, how are they doing any better?
Look at the bold...did you read that part...yeah, I didn't think so. I clearly meant fighting(gunfights if you still don't know what I meant)and dying is honorable. And just where do you "see" these suicide bombings in Iraq? On the Pentagon channel?(I have seen that channel and it is packed with propaganda) You may try to be a patriot and help fight against the "bad guys", but that is not really true is it? One day you will wake up and realise what I meant by "you are the kind of person who sends innocent americans to their deaths" and maybe you will regret joining the air force, maybe you will realise what a horrible war you are supporting...maybe.

By the way, their is a rocket made by the insurgency, called the "abeer" rocket. Do you know who that is? That is the teenage girl who was raped and killed along with her family earlier this year. Her extended family has decided to take, oh I don't know what that word is....hmmm...I believe it is *revenge*. They wanted revenge against the undisciplined hoard of drunk bastards that think that they "liberated" Iraq. You may know about "dubya dubya two" but you really have no grasp of what is happening in Iraq.

And I really don't care if you get sent there, it will only give you a wake up call.

-OMars

By the way, their is a rocket made by the insurgency, called the "abeer" rocket. Do you know who that is? That is the teenage girl who was raped and killed along with her family earlier this year. Her extended family has decided to take, oh I don't know what that word is....hmmm...I believe it is *revenge*. They wanted revenge against the undisciplined hoard of drunk bastards that think that they "liberated" Iraq. You may know about "dubya dubya two" but you really have no grasp of what is happening in Iraq.

And I really don't care if you get sent there, it will only give you a wake up call.

-OMars
Funny, earlier you were saying you hoped I went there and got killed by one of those murderers you said you don't support. I'll tell you this much, if I do go there, I won't come back agreeing with you. I am glad I do not understand the nonsense you spew on an hourly basis-- because then I'll be on the same level as you. You have no better an idea of what is happening in Iraq than anyone, you've made that exceedingly clear. And you have even less knowledge of what motivates me, I can tell you that much.

You have a real way of ruining any conversation you take part in, do you know that? This thread is disgusting. I'm done with it.

Muslims are peaceful people those idiots blowing people up in iraq are not muslim they just say they are. There is no religion that says killing is ok that is why i find it stupid that priest and stuff are in the army blessing the soldiers and stuff its just daft.

-OMars
Funny, earlier you were saying you hoped I went there and got killed by one of those murderers you said you don't support. I'll tell you this much, if I do go there, I won't come back agreeing with you. I am glad I do not understand the nonsense you spew on an hourly basis-- because then I'll be on the same level as you. You have no better an idea of what is happening in Iraq than anyone, you've made that exceedingly clear. And you have even less knowledge of what motivates me, I can tell you that much.

You have a real way of ruining any conversation you take part in, do you know that? This thread is disgusting. I'm done with it.
You realise that not all car bombs are suicide right? Wow, you have not really been understanding my posts. But whatever, I think I'm done with this thread, as I have made my point to you. :rolleyes:

-OMars

You realise that not all car bombs are suicide right? Wow, you have not really been understanding my posts. But whatever, I think I'm done with this thread, as I have made my point to you. :rolleyes:
Aaaand too late...

N American tourists tend to give the country a bad name. I've heard some horror stories of referring to the UK as a 3rd world country and other obnoxious behaviour. There's the fact that the majority of people from the USA refer to America in just meaning to the states. America is the continent!
Also there's the fact that on country selections on web forms everything is listed alphabetically EXCEPT for the USA. And lastly English is from England and yet a lot of countries are taught American English which to all intents and purposes is a dialect...

All that being said I have nothing against a N. American person as an individual, I have many contacts that I enjoy speaking with that live stateside... But as a country you really need to learn to drop that damn arrogance. We are all humans at the end of the day!
Aaaaaaaaand back on topic.

I'm all about the intelligence.

Sorry epi, I don't really hate america, it's just fashionable at the moment.

Back