Who Would Want A Homeworld Pandora Port?

Butterman

Gief Pandara
Website
Visit site
As you may, or may not know, Homeworld is open source now, with many different ports. The main one being "Homeworld SDL", would anybody be interested in me porting this to the Pandora?

I would be happy to do so along side TINCS, I will probably do it with community approval or not, because it's an awesome game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd def be interested in this, I agree it is an awesome game. :)

I'm aware it was attempted, about 9 months ago.

http://homesource.nekomimicon.net/sourcefo...?f=25&t=284

As he planned, I will simply re-compile the code, using SDL with the software renderer inside Homeworld. This game has the recommended requirements of a P1 366MHz cpu. I'm assuming, that the software renderer would work perfectly on that exact system. If this is so, we shouldn't worry about performance under software rendering. If it fails to hit the 50 - 60 fps mark, I will port over the graphics code to OpenGL ES 2.0 (or if I'm particularly busy with TINCS, 1.1), but one step at a time.

Awesome!
Maybe someday it could also support Wifi multiplayer?
I've never played it but what Wikipedia states about the game makes me feel all warm inside

'Butterman' said:
As you may, or may not know, Homeworld is open source now, with many different ports. The main one being "Homeworld SDL", would anybody be interested in me porting this to the Pandora?

I would be happy to do so along side TINCS, I will probably do it with community approval or not, because it's an awesome game.
it will be great....

:ph34r:

Yes, Homeworld would be a killer app for the Pandora :)

Back