Transfusion Port

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Transfusion is a Blood Total conversion for Quake engine. It's pretty well done and but currently only has multiplayer. Unfortunately it can't just run on a normal Quake engine port. It's running on a Quake engine port called Darkplaces. The good thing is the Source is available, but not sure how well it will compile to ARM.

I'd Like to try to compile this myself. but I've stumbled trying to get a working Image of the Pandora version of Angstrom working with Qemu. Plus I'm more of an Interpreted Language guy and haven't dove into the compiled world of programming yet. But I always like a challenge.

Since the original Blood source will prob never be released and Dosbox on the pandora may not have enough power to run Blood at full speed. I'm wondering if anyone with porting experience would like to tackle this...

If not I'm interested in getting a working Qemu Image... I can get a bzip file from the Angstrom builder.. Just can't seem to get Qemu going from that or the contents of it, tried making an img file and an ISO image but both fail.

Any tips would be great.

I thought that engine sounded familiar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexuiz

Nexuiz uses the DarkPlaces engine as well.

So I assume that if we can port DarkPlaces, we would get two cool games for the effort of one.

Well a Google search ended up finding Gruso's post on the Qemu image. That solves that problem, funny google ended up finding something that was already on the forums.

Transfusion FAQ said:
Jason Hall, the Monolith's CEO, has given us his blessing and we've even received help from Matt Saettler and Nick Newhard who lead the original Blood development team. As far as Atari (Infogrames Inc), who claim ownership of the Blood trademark, they have agreed to leave us alone given the non-commercial status of our project, mostly as long as our project name doesn't refer directly to the Blood trademark.

I haven't really got any interest in the project, but that's pretty cool.
Good work all round for obtaining (and granting) permission for an authorised rewrite.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have to say i perfer the original. it just looked so damn awesome back it its day. (blood)
popping and booting zombie heads about. amazing game. co-op boss battles on insane difficultly was immense

Trevsweb said:
i have to say i perfer the original. it just looked so damn awesome back it its day. (blood)
popping and booting zombie heads about. amazing game. co-op boss battles on insane difficultly was immense

I'd like the original too, just not entirely sure the Pandora with Dosbox has enough Oomph to pull it off. last I was told Dosbox was still in the upper 386 range of performance. Unless a Dev with a new Pandora wants to give it a go to see for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this dusty old request now that more people have Pandoras...

My job kept me from working on this at any level. See if anyone else is interested.

Back