Release Which of the most-likely-not-emulated systems do you want?

In order:

Dreamcast, DS, PSP

I personally consider n64 likely but NOBODY TAKE MY WORD FOR IT BECAUSE I'M NOT AN EMULATOR DEV.

sbowmer said:
Dreamcast is a must, I would love to see Powerstone & Powerstone 2 along with Soul Calibur!!!!!!

How about the Atari Jaguar? PC Engine?

No one covered this so I'll go ahead. PC-Engine and Jaguar are sure things (will be emulated by Temper and T2K respectively).

Personally, I would have loved to see the original xbox, mainly because I really liked Mashed Fully Loaded.....

Definitely DC and also N64.

Just thinking of playing ChuChuRocket on the pandora while sitting in a train... :oops: And other games like Crazy Taxi, Shen Mue, Starlancer, DoA, UT & Q3A, Sega GT, Code Veronica, PSO... Oh my, I really spent a lot of time playing on that console, hehe :)

N64, Gamecube (Just kidding! But only in terms of probability.) Dreamcast, PSP, DS. In that order.

I'd say the n64 is not a most-likely-not-emulated system. I know comparing processor architectures is bad, but DaudalusX64 for the PSP can emulate Mario 64 at decent speeds when overclocked to 333mhz. Giving the Pandora that same advantage (900mhz), we should be able to get almost three times the speed. That's definitely playable in my book.

N64 and dreamcast would be like a pile of clothes falling in front of a naked guy in Antarctica in the middle of january with a cup of hot chocolate beside it. Just plain unsanitary. (JK)It wouuld be heaven on earth.

Nintendo DS. By the way, the DS's two 256x192 screens will have no problem fitting on a Pandora's 800x480. This is the least of any dev's problems.

It's not looking likely, though. I'm a coder, but not an emu coder, and this looks to be very complex, even compared with emulating other platforms on your list. No one else seems to be looking at the prospect.

I think it's great that so many want Dreamcast... so do I :)

I would interchangeably take PSP though. Both have powerstone, and PSP has burnout. I'm not really holding my breath for either though :/ If nullDC does get ported, I'm going to bet that many titles will not be very playable.

I'd love to see an NDS emulator. Have options to see the dual screens stacked on one another, side-by side, or sideways stacked. Seeing as the screens have resolutions of 256x192, I don't see any big problems with these options (256x384, 512x192, 384x256), but seeing as the best NDS emulators right now only work on few titles, it would still be a lot of work. :/

Compatibility for current Nintendo DS emulators is a lot better than a few titles.

Personally I'd like to see Wine with Qemu emulating the actual instructions, like in Darwine. I'm not sure this is possible with x86 to ARM, though.

Kisama said:
I haven't checked if it's available, but I would like to see an Intellivision emulator. Don't expect to find one, though. :(
Bliss is a Java based emulator. When Pandora gets Java (and I'm almost 100% certain that it already does have it) then we'll have ourselves an Intellivision emulator. That makes me very, very, very happy :D
Failing that, JZInt is an open source emulator that should require little more than a recompile to get it running on Pandora (I think).

super smash bros, and legend of zelda games would blow my mind. FYI the pandora DEFINATELY has enough power to emulate n64. 93mhz (n64 tech specs) x 9= 837mhz which is easily enough to be emulated. Besides, n64 emulation is the only reason i'll be getting a pandora. AND zodttd said it was possible at playable speeds (can't find link)

Back