Release Which of the most-likely-not-emulated systems do you want?

If I remember correctly, Zezu said he was running at 500mhz and SGX at 55, but drkIIraziel stated that it was 110mhz. (For the Prince of Persia video) 128mb of RAM vs 256 might make a difference. They may continue to strive for 100% speed at 500 or 600mhz, but despite drkIIraziel being against it, overclocking to 900 and 110 on that NullDCe build may make some games playable.

110MHz shouldn't be overclocking for the SGX. It was only a limit set on the SGX with the first drivers from what I heard - though I wasn't really interested in that because as long my graphics work fine I don't care about the clock speed, its just a number after all.

//Edit: Confirmed here: http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/wi ... erAngstrom check known problems.

I keep seeing posts abut emulating the DS on the Pandora, but I'm rather more skeptical. Chipset workings aside I hear the rationale: "The Pandora's resolution will fit two or three DS's worth of screens...."

...Sure, if you want to play DS on a postage stamp. Resolution is less the issue than raw physical size at that point, and then you're trying to hit a stylus target that is scaled down to less than a quarter of it's original size with a stylus that isn't scaled...

there's the possibility of turning the Pandora sideways to get more room, but that offsets your controls by 90 degrees and puts your grip in strange new places.

Not that I'm saying it isn't possible, but there's some substantial issues to resolve if someone was to take on that kind of project.

N64, Dreamcast & PSP in that order.

One of my dreams is Ocarina of Time on a handheld.

latiosu said:
N64, Dreamcast & PSP in that order.

One of my dreams is Ocarina of Time on a handheld.
What makes you think any of those are not likely to be emulated?
Dreamcast and PSP are entirely likely to be emulated. Teams are already working on them, though they've probably stagnated a little.
N64 may not be, but we don't know because no one has actually looked at it, but I would bet someone will get it eventually.

Jet said:
DS... it will be cool!
Just go and buy one of those acekards, it's amazing. I have a 'little' 8GB SD in it and it holds every single game I would ever want to play. Best of all it's playing the game on the original system.

latiosu said:
N64, One of my dreams is Ocarina of Time on a handheld.
This I've dreamed about like you have, I wished Nintendo would have put Ocarina of Time on the DS rather than Mario64. If it plays on my Pandora it will be a lot better however, DS kinda screwed up the controls of Mario64.

Back