Where Will You Buy Your Gpx2?

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
One thing most of us here share is NOT living in Korea. So I'm wondering where people plan to buy their GPX2 from? I know of 3 stores who have announced pre-orders for imported GPX2's so far: GBAX in Great Britain, Play-Asia in Hong Kong & GP32Z in the USA.

Obviously most Europeans will go to GBAX. But for Americans (like me) the exchange rates (1 dollar = 1.8 pounds!) make GBAX a bad choice unfortunately.

I'm hoping to get mine with GP32Z, because I'm in the USA, so shipping and exchange rates won't be an issue. I just hope there are enough units allocated to supply all 3 stores for all of us foreign buyers. :)

I wonder if Play-Asia is more likely to get units because they're a bigger store than GP32Z? GBAX is probably going to get the lion's share though.

Are there any other international retailers who've announced plans to sell GPX2? Last time I looked at Lik-Sang I didn't see GPX2 mentioned at all. (I think they got burned by the initial BLU+ fiasco.)

EDIT: I guess it's also worth noting that I have personally bought GP32's from both Play-Asia.com and GP32Z.com in the past, and was very happy with the service from both places. So for my fellow USA members, you can feel safe with either of those sites.

Well, as I bought my BLU+ from LS, and some assorted accessories, I may get it from them, should they offer them.

Also, I think Evildragon was supposedly planning on distributing, if I understood correctly...

And who knows, maybe GPH will sell it themselves, in addition to to the aforementioned...

Jarska333 posted on Aug 29 2005 at 08:48 PM said:
Also, I think Evildragon was supposedly planning on distributing, if I understood correctly...

For Germany only I guess, but if I get one it will probably from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get mine from gp32spain.com (Hardcore Gamer Shop)

hmm this GP32Z looks pretty good and being in the usa I think I will order from them. I might order from Lik-Sang just depneds on the price from either company.

I definitely won't be buying mine from GBAx cos I thought the service was a complete calamity. I bought my GP32 from them quite recently and myself and a few others on this board who bought at the same time were really dissapointed with them.

I'll probably end up getting mine from Lik-Sang as I've had no trouble with them.

Julius posted on Aug 30 2005 at 12:00 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on Aug 29 2005 at 08:48 PM said:

For Germany only I guess, but if I get one it will probably from him.

Yep, Germany only. Whether it may be official distribution (together with another well-known person, I can't say more yet) or just a person who imports and sells it, I don't know yet.
But I'm almost 100% sure you can buy it from me in Germany :)

Last edited:
I just registered here and wanted to say hi. I happen to live in Korea. I figure I'm going to pick mine up at the electronics market in Yongsan.

Mode_7 posted on Aug 29 2005 at 11:28 PM said:
I just registered here and wanted to say hi. I happen to live in Korea. I figure I'm going to pick mine up at the electronics market in Yongsan.

Very cool, so you can just buy GamePark stuff in local shops. Nice. :)

Is GamePark popular and/or well known in S.Korea? Do many gamers know about the GPX2 or XGP there?

Prophet posted on Aug 30 2005 at 08:33 AM said:
Mode_7 posted on Aug 29 2005 at 11:28 PM said:

Very cool, so you can just buy GamePark stuff in local shops. Nice. :)

Is GamePark popular and/or well known in S.Korea? Do many gamers know about the GPX2 or XGP there?

Its not really that popular. I have rarely seen a gp32 in a shop. You can usually find a dozen games or so. I've seen a few stories in the paper about the gpx2 and xgp, but I can't read hangul, so I couldn't tell you what they said. I'm sure I'll have an easier time finding the gpx2 when it comes out though.

i have my name down at GBAX got my GP32 from them and was very happy.

They are only the other side of town so could go over there as soon as the yget some in, but the lazy person i am will no doubt pay to have it delivered.

Gues i get mine from ed if he sells them, if not i gues i get it from gp32z or gbax depending on price/exchange rates.

ps: evil dragon, do you have a preorder list?

I'm worried, though, that my desire to pay as little as possible, will keep me from pre-ordering, and thus miss the initial, supposedly limited release... :(

I'm probably gonna get mine from GP32z. It's where I got my BLU+ from, and it was the cheapest option inside america... Plus, I got it about 3 days after I ordered it.

I'll probably be buying it a few months after its release (once I get bored of my PSP that is ;) ) from GP32z.com as I did with my GP32

Back