The Gpx2 Will Have Maaaany Programs

Sonic-NKT

Hi,
im very intrested in the gpx2 and also that is running linux as base system... when i heard that first i remebered the linux pda Zaurus, which i wanted to buy but then i got the GP32 instead. OK anyway, this PDA has similar specs than the GPX2 (206Mhz ARM CPU, 320x240 Display, linux..) so porting those apps (if porting is even requiered) should be really easy.

On this page:
http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/
you will find thousands of Zaurus apps, and almost every of them sourcecode.
Cant wait to use Exult on it. :)

Yes, and there is currently somebody working on making it GP32 compatible... we don't know yet, if it will work out, but I can assure you it's being tried :)

EvilDragon posted on Aug 1 2005 at 01:57 PM said:
Yes, and there is currently somebody working on making it GP32 compatible... we don't know yet, if it will work out, but I can assure you it's being tried :)

Someone is trying to make a GP32 emu for the GPx32? If that works out well I would get one right away. Otherwise I would wait longer before getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh im with daveC id, if its compatible from the get go it definatly worth the investment, probably wait till xmas otherwise.

EvilDragon posted on Aug 1 2005 at 02:57 PM said:
That is nice to know, I hope that this does get made and that it isn't too slow.

EvilDragon posted on Aug 1 2005 at 09:57 AM said:
Excellent. B)

EvilDragon posted on Aug 1 2005 at 08:57 AM said:

FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!!!

DaveC posted on Aug 1 2005 at 03:08 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Aug 1 2005 at 01:57 PM said:

Someone is trying to make a GP32 emu for the GPx32? If that works out well I would get one right away. Otherwise I would wait longer before getting it.
Wait, so you think a SNES emulator would run shitty, but expect to see a decent GP32 emulator?

I think that's because the processors for the GP32 and GPx2 are nearly identical, whereas the SNES processors and I think some custom chips also are very different.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that, of course.

Well, it may not be an emulator, as most of the ARM GP32 commands are working without emulating on the ARM gpx2.
Only some things need to be emulated (like SMC >> SD, etc.)

So you can't call it emulator...

Basically the same way the GBA emulator was supposed to work only easier because the guts of the GPX2 are closer to the GP32s than the GBA... but wouldnt that require a hacked firmware or something? You might have to go searching the net for the same files you need to get GeePee32 working and personally I never could find them all.

what files were needed for geepee, just a working firmware and sometimes a SMC image.
firmwares you can get of gp32x.de and the SMC will be emulated.

doubt gamepark (holdeings) will have legal problems includeing the native gp32 firmware (not that it is needed anyway).

When they get it running close to perfeckt at gpx2 i buy one at launch.

if they dont emulate the main cpu at all it should be possible (perhaps even a overclocked gp32). GPadvance was much times faster than a GBA , when it just supported the simple graphic modes, things which maked it slow was the emulation of the Graphics hardware and the Gp32 doesnt has any.

PS: do you think a snes DS port over to the gpx2 would be usefull, i mean the core is heavy asm optimized and the gpx2 has 2D acceleration which could do the part, the DS graphics hardware is doing right now. Still a lot of work for sure, but perhaps worth it.

Back