How Large Of A Sd Card Will Gpx2 Recognise?

second exodous

Advanced Member
Okay, I'm overly excited about getting my GPX2 and know I should probably wait until it's released before buying my SD card for it because prices might drop. I would like to know if the GPX2 has a size limit on the SD cards it can read, I was just going to get a 2GB but I came here looking for an answer for another question and found out the GP32 can only read so much. So how about the GPX2? Can it read 2GB SD cards? I thought I would ask here as there are people here that have the dev board. Sorry if this is already posted, I couldn't find the post.

Thanx,
Stan

I think that it can hanlde any size SD card, but i'm not 100% sure so you should probably wait until someone who knows for sure answers.

Ah good, I think I'll start out with the largest made right now, 2GB, then when I buy more I'll know about how much I need for my game card, how much for music, etc. $130 US isn't bad for the largest of the SD cards.

Oh, maybe one of the admins should move this to the F.A.Q., I didn't notice that there was one for the GPX2. This could keep the other subject in that forum company.

Thanx,
Stan

second exodous posted on Sep 27 2005 at 04:30 PM said:
Ah good, I think I'll start out with the largest made right now, 2GB, then when I buy more I'll know about how much I need for my game card, how much for music, etc. $130 US isn't bad for the largest of the SD cards.

Oh, maybe one of the admins should move this to the F.A.Q., I didn't notice that there was one for the GPX2. This could keep the other subject in that forum company.

Thanx,
Stan

nope largest is 4gb, and yes you can buy them right now. But they are about $288. I am just going to stick with the 1gb because they are only $50. Might get a 2gb later if the price drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, there are 4GB cards, and they cost more than the GPX2. I think I'll start out with 2GB right now.

Thanx,
Stan

Back