Where Games Run Best?

Nunez

Still Fresh
I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread where games were tested and written where they run best. I could update this thread with the list as it continues to progess, giving people that have tested it and posted about it first credit of course. Meaning games that can be run on multiple emulators, but are only runnable so far on maybe one. One game in particular I was wondering about myself was Duke Nukem 3d. I'm really wanting to play this well on the caanoo, but cannot seem to find where if any run it well. A small list I have so far is:

1. Earthbound (pretty sure its just SNES which runs ok, but a bit choppy)
2. Mega Man 6 (seems to be glitched on the NES)
3. Faxanadu

I would be willing to help testing some games and such, but idk how much help I would be seeing that I'm pretty knew at this.

1. Duke Nukem GBA - tested 800Mhz, very low fps
2. GTA GBA - tested 800MHz, works until first conversation is over, probably rom or emu problem

Funny that you mentioned it, I just tried playing Faxanadu a few days ago and was disappointed to find it incredibly slow in nesgp2x.

I'd really love to be able to play this game because I never got around to beating it back in the day. I don't even bother playing games that don't run at normal speed though.

Yeah same here, I was always to young to be very good at the game at all, but I just remember really liking it. I've always wanted to go back and play it, but I wont be until it runs well. Hopefully someone will port the PocketNES over or something.

I would really like to get Duke Nukem up and running, but I've had no success with it at all. I have tried several different versions of it on the GBA clocked to 800Mhz. Still very unplayable. Also GTA works fine until the after the first conversation. I think it's a emulation or rom issue.

I don't think this thread would be really helpful. I'm saying this because if an emulator is better, usually it is better for all the games.

You could be very right, but I wasn't just making this thread in hopes it would get popular. My main reason was to see if anyone could direct me on how and if it was possible to get games such as Duke Nukem running, the thread being helpful was just a possibility.

Well most platforms only have one emulator right now, and being that they're all in quite early stages (with the exception of Picodrive, which is nearly perfect) many games are going to have room for improvement.

Yes, I know that and I guess it's pointless to worry about where to find the game working better when it's just a matter of time until they pretty much all work great.

Back